OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

10 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

So we're paying a fee for him?

Not vibing on this signing, like. 

Apparently so.

I quite like the idea of it, twitter is full of bitter Aussies saying he's too good for us. But he's a good age, involved in the International setup and was just at the Olympics. Seems to me we are deliberately attacking a new type of market with him and Beni.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Apparently so.

I quite like the idea of it, twitter is full of bitter Aussies saying he's too good for us. But he's a good age, involved in the International setup and was just at the Olympics. Seems to me we are deliberately attacking a new type of market with him and Beni.

I'm just feeling a bit burned by the signings of Garuccio and Bozanic from the Oz leagues, if they're an indicator of the standard - I still have a soft spot for Bozanic as he was a grafter, and Garaccio was unfortunate with injuries - ultimately, neither was really good enough for what we need.  He'll have to be better than them.

Also, it's another defensive midfielder, and we're crying out for someone with a spark of creativity, imo. 

Quite highly rated by the looks of reports on him, in the Olympic squad.  I like the idea of targeting younger players who can improve but you'd have to assume that's not good news for Haring and that guts me.

I’m hoping it’s bad news for Halliday rather than Haring.
Handsome Pete must stay…

44 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I’m hoping it’s bad news for Halliday rather than Haring.
Handsome Pete must stay…

Hopefully.

Tbh we will need cover for injury/suspension/loss of form and knowing Hearts we'll definitely have all 3.

Hopefully.

Tbh we will need cover for injury/suspension/loss of form and knowing Hearts we'll definitely have all 3.

Aye, I assume Haring and/ or Souttar will be injured by Christmas for the rest of the campaign.
Cammy Devlin has signed (visa pending) and he scored a real fuckburner once so I’m all for that

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/watch-incoming-hearts-signing-cameron-devlin-in-action-as-he-scores-a-screamer-3335079

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I'm just feeling a bit burned by the signings of Garuccio and Bozanic from the Oz leagues, if they're an indicator of the standard - I still have a soft spot for Bozanic as he was a grafter, and Garaccio was unfortunate with injuries - ultimately, neither was really good enough for what we need.  He'll have to be better than them.

Also, it's another defensive midfielder, and we're crying out for someone with a spark of creativity, imo. 

Bozanic arrived after a globe trotting journeyman carreer taking in switzerland and Japan. He turned 30 during  his first season at Tynecastle so the player that arrived was about as good as he was ever going to get.

23 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Bozanic arrived after a globe trotting journeyman carreer taking in switzerland and Japan. He turned 30 during  his first season at Tynecastle so the player that arrived was about as good as he was ever going to get.

Bozanic was all right, but we need players who are better than all right. 

If Devlin is god enough to play ahead of Haring, Halliday and McAneff, then that'll be an improvement, and I'll be delighted.

I see Ryan McGowan is backing Devlin - he's hardly likely to say the boy is pish, mind. 

It might seem like I'm just moaning for the sake of it, but I think our recruitment in recent seasons has been riddled with mistakes - I'm hoping lessons have been learned on that front. 

9 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

If Devlin is god enough to play ahead of Haring, Halliday and McAneff, then that'll be an improvement, and I'll be delighted.

I see Ryan McGowan is backing Devlin - he's hardly likely to say the boy is pish, mind. 

It might seem like I'm just moaning for the sake of it, but I think our recruitment in recent seasons has been riddled with mistakes - I'm hoping lessons have been learned on that front. 

If I  point out that he's effectively replacing Loic Damour, will that cheer you up a little?

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

With an XI of Craigy G, Mick Smith down the right, Soapy, Halkett and Kingsley across the back, Cochrane on the left, Bene and Devlin doing the hard yards behind Gino, GMS and Boyce I’m only left to wonder by how many points we’ll win the league tbqhwy

Guest TheJTS98

I watch a lot of A-League, so have seen enough of Devlin to be sure that he's a decent enough player.

The A-League is a real mixed bag. While there's some complete dross (much like in our league), there are some players there who could improve pretty much any non-OF team in Scotland, and others who are definitely worth a punt. I'd put Devlin in the last bracket.

Occasionally outstanding, usually reliable. Interested to see how he gets on.

This could be a win-win-win. Newcastle play a smart business move in bringing in a player purely for the fee, Hearts get a midfielder in and (please, please, please, please, please) bin Halliday, and Devlin gets to avoid living in Newcastle, which is a fucking dive.

Edited by TheJTS98

2 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

I watch a lot of A-League, so have seen enough of Devlin to be sure that he's a decent enough player.

The A-League is a real mixed bag. While there's some complete dross (much like in our league), there are some players there who could improve pretty much any non-OF team in Scotland, and others who are definitely worth a punt. I'd put Devlin in the last bracket.

Occasionally outstanding, usually reliable. Interested to see how he gets on.

This could be a win-win-win. Newcastle play a smart business move in bringing in a player purely for the fee, Hearts get a midfielder in and (please, please, please, please, please) bin Halliday, and Devlin gets to avoid living in Newcastle, which is a fucking dive.

Why would you do that to yourself?

Guest TheJTS98
11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Why would you do that to yourself?

Spent quite a lot of my life in Australia. Got the habit.

It's nowhere near as good as the NRL or the AFL, but the A-League has its own charm.

Guest TheJTS98

Does anybody know what day the parade is planned for? It's just that I've got a few things on in May and want to get it all planned early.