St. Mirren vs. Livi

20 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

McCrorie   3/10   Should have saved the goal,nothing else to do

Fitzwater  4/10   Never seen, no influence either way

Guthrie    4/10   Poor game,lost Tait for goal ?

Taylor-Sinclair 4/10   Never seen,no influence either way

Devlin    2/10  Don't see a player in this guy,reluctant to get down the wing,poor defending,and passing.

Bartley   7/10  Solid player, looks for the ball,good drive forward albeit from defensive midfield.

Sibbald   1/10  The 1 point is for the shot that hit post,slow,ball shy,no drive,disappears especially in a position that's vital.

Ambrose   7/10  Again Solid display,always trying to get into the game,let down by those around him.

Pittman   1/10  Poor last year,this game he was invisible,disappears when needed,very poor,to easily knocked of the ball

Forrest   2/10  Had a good shot at goal,otherwise anonymous

Dykes     3/10    Plenty energy,could run all day,terrible support from midfield.Was he guarding tait at goal ?.Could struggle for goals with this poor midfield

Robinson  5/10    Did ok not on long enough to make an impact

Kouider-Aissa  2/10    30 minutes  to shine, was never seen except for the free kick from a great position he fired into the wall.

Souda 2/10    Way too late to make any influence

The set up that I was watching 5-2-1-2 ?

Holt.....    Poor Tactics playing 3 central defenders against a team playing 1  
forward,no punch in midfield,no creativity ,far to many players ball shy..Pittman,Sibbald,Forrest,Devlin and any of the 3 central defenders could have been hooked .
The second half, The St Mirren defence won everything, and looked very impressive 

We were pish would've saved yourself a lot of typing.

43 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

McCrorie   3/10   Should have saved the goal,nothing else to do

Fitzwater  4/10   Never seen, no influence either way

Guthrie    4/10   Poor game,lost Tait for goal ?

Taylor-Sinclair 4/10   Never seen,no influence either way

Devlin    2/10  Don't see a player in this guy,reluctant to get down the wing,poor defending,and passing.

Bartley   7/10  Solid player, looks for the ball,good drive forward albeit from defensive midfield.

Sibbald   1/10  The 1 point is for the shot that hit post,slow,ball shy,no drive,disappears especially in a position that's vital.

Ambrose   7/10  Again Solid display,always trying to get into the game,let down by those around him.

Pittman   1/10  Poor last year,this game he was invisible,disappears when needed,very poor,to easily knocked of the ball

Forrest   2/10  Had a good shot at goal,otherwise anonymous

Dykes     3/10    Plenty energy,could run all day,terrible support from midfield.Was he guarding tait at goal ?.Could struggle for goals with this poor midfield

Robinson  5/10    Did ok not on long enough to make an impact

Kouider-Aissa  2/10    30 minutes  to shine, was never seen except for the free kick from a great position he fired into the wall.

Souda 2/10    Way too late to make any influence

The set up that I was watching 5-2-1-2 ?

Holt.....    Poor Tactics playing 3 central defenders against a team playing 1  
forward,no punch in midfield,no creativity ,far to many players ball shy..Pittman,Sibbald,Forrest,Devlin and any of the 3 central defenders could have been hooked .
The second half, The St Mirren defence won everything, and looked very impressive 

Deluded if you think mccrorie should be saving that, it’s a powerful header from 6 yards out. Guthrie was marking obika for the goal, think it was fitzwater who should’ve been marking tait.

Thought Forrest was the only one who looked like creating anything, didn’t think subbing him so early was the right thing to do.

We were shocking, the whole formation was wrong. Dykes was so isolated that even if he did win the flick on nobody was close enough to take advantage of it.

Aye, it was disappointing but I think some of the ratings are a bit OTT (and Pittman poor last season?). Had Sibbald’s effort that hit the post gone in and we played at least as well as we did in the second half then we’d have been chuffed with a ‘ground-it-out-wasn’t-pretty’ draw (a few of us hoped for as much before the game) and I don’t think there would’ve be any complaints. We had 12 attempts at goal but St Mirren’s defending of the box was excellent and we were largely restricted to long range shots (just a couple on target each team).
That said, I think the setup might be worthy of question. If Dykes isn’t supported he can be crowded out. Encouraging for the Paisley boys and one to forget for us... 

Edited by crispy

Personally I thought both teams seemed well off the pace; perhaps understandable in the circumstance. In previous years we've been a bit spoilt by the friendlies followed by the first handful of games played out in the Betfred League cup, or whatever its called now, which virtually every premiership club used to test out formations, new joiners, and decide on what worked and what didn't.

In the  past, if we've played with five at the back, two have been unashamedly wing backs. Maybe that was the plan for Saturday but I'm not sure anyone explained that to the players. As others have said Dykes was continually isolated. One on one that isn't necessarily a problem but St Mirren often had two or even three defenders on his coattails.

Unlike several others I actually had no problem with the feed; once I found a line that worked (line three for me) I seemed to get stuck on the St Mirren commentary which was poor in the firt half but worked in the second. Fortunately the guys weren't as partisan  as some of the other sites I've visited (Bairns; you know who you are 😉)  and gave a reasonable assessment of the proceedings. However, I have to say I found the whole thing dreadful. Watching my team in the almost sterile atmosphere of my own livingroom (with my wife asking about 50 times "why cant we hear anything") it seemed really distracted. Maybe thing will settle in as the season progresses but at the moment it really is very strange.

26 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Unlike several others I actually had no problem with the feed; once I found a line that worked (line three for me) I seemed to get stuck on the St Mirren commentary which was poor in the firt half but worked in the second. Fortunately the guys weren't as partisan  as some of the other sites I've visited (Bairns; you know who you are 😉)  and gave a reasonable assessment of the proceedings. However, I have to say I found the whole thing dreadful. Watching my team in the almost sterile atmosphere of my own livingroom (with my wife asking about 50 times "why cant we hear anything") it seemed really distracted. Maybe thing will settle in as the season progresses but at the moment it really is very strange.

I should add that the quality of the feed I had was good and there was no freezing (it played instantly so assuming feed 1). The commentary volume was low and ahead of the footage.

12 minutes ago, crispy said:

I should add that the quality of the feed I had was good and there was no freezing (it played instantly so assuming feed 1). The commentary volume was low and ahead of the footage.

It was behind the footage in the second half which was much preferable.

1 hour ago, crispy said:

St. Mirren did send out information in the first half that they were working on the audio feed. Not sure what the issue was.

One of the brighter moments in the second half was when the main commentator said something like "at this moment I'd be apologising for the.... unsavory language from an element of the support but but unfortunately that's the players"

Under normal circumstances I'd say a pound to a penny that was Devlin but, as he normally plays right back, he'd have been the opposite side of the pitch at the time