FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

4 hours ago, Wardy said:

Just scored a volley with Socrates from a Beckham cross. He’s far from useless. 👌🏻😂

He’s pretty chronic let’s be honest. The 3* 3* kills him.

Decided to play weekend league this week. Sitting on 14 wins with 6 games left. Tempted to play for 17 but might just leave it where I am. This game had broken me to the point where I was playing two depth dropback but I mate a concerted effort to go back to five depth pressure on heavy touch no matter how games are going and lo and behold I’ve started smashing people again.

Never managed to get back on so its a respectable bronze 1 finish. Wee man never settled until after midnight and been wrapping Xmas presents since then. Up for work at 9 so away to bed. Hopefully get some rivals game in so I get some decent rewards at least!

5 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

He’s pretty chronic let’s be honest. The 3* 3* kills him.

Decided to play weekend league this week. Sitting on 14 wins with 6 games left. Tempted to play for 17 but might just leave it where I am. This game had broken me to the point where I was playing two depth dropback but I mate a concerted effort to go back to five depth pressure on heavy touch no matter how games are going and lo and behold I’ve started smashing people again.

I’ve never played drop back 1/2 depth on this Fifa. Always balanced for me 5 width and 5 depth. Balanced for attacking as well. Both in either a 442 or 4231. 

Im not much of a skiller so doesn’t really bother me RE Beckham. Even scored my last goal in the win to get to 14 with his weak foot  (opponent quit) 😂🤫

Gabriel Jesus has 3 star weak foot and I’ve scored over 400 goals with him (offline and online) Don’t think the weak foot matters as much as it did on Fifa20. 

Same with the ability and balance, because Socrates has 66 balance with an engine and I’ve rarely noticed it, his agility is like 83 so again not exactly “meta” but I’ve definitely enjoyed playing with him this weekend and even changed up how I play a bit, which has been refreshing. 

I went on a nice 6-2 run this evening to finish on 11-9. I'm tempted to play on try and get gold but my body is saying no. Actually it’s the thought of getting up at 8 for the kids school run that's making me say no.

The last 2 games we polar opposites. The penultimate game finished 8-0 to the other guy. He was playing that 343 attacking formation which always seems to lead to a hammering to either team. Then on the last game I was losing 2-0 and the opponent got a red card for a pretty unnecessary challenge with his CB. Inexpiably he didn’t change tactics or formation, which lead to a nice comeback win.   

Beckham at CM is far from chronic. I can't say I've tried keeping him at RM though so if that's what you're doing then I can see why he may be considered chronic.

I did pack RTTF Cancelo last night which pretty much means Beckham is out my team though. Bernardo Silva in for the strong link to Cancelo. Valverde becomes my sitting midfielder with Bernardo becoming the one that's allowed to get forward... which he is extremely good at! 

Sold my Dalglish overnight and going to try Eto'o tonight.

2 hours ago, #Gary said:

Beckham at CM is far from chronic. I can't say I've tried keeping him at RM though so if that's what you're doing then I can see why he may be considered chronic.

I did pack RTTF Cancelo last night which pretty much means Beckham is out my team though. Bernardo Silva in for the strong link to Cancelo. Valverde becomes my sitting midfielder with Bernardo becoming the one that's allowed to get forward... which he is extremely good at! 

Sold my Dalglish overnight and going to try Eto'o tonight.

I loved mid Dalglish on Fifa 20, if I could get him again I think I will. 

58 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I loved mid Dalglish on Fifa 20, if I could get him again I think I will. 

I loved him as well but I've wanted Eto'o since the start and this is the first I've been in a position to get him without fucking up the rest of my team. I've probably lost a shitload of coins in tax because I'm in the fortunate enough position to have been able to try some of these higher value players which is a luxury I don't normally get in FIFA! 

I've just sold my whole team as the prices were up on all the special cards. Left myself with a full untradable team and just went and bought pogba for 98k to fill the gap. Genuinely don't think ill be worse off! 

I'm just going to stick with this and see what happens until TOTY.  See if I get lucky and pack one and if not ill decide what go do. 

Screenshot_20201221-161427_Companion.jpg

1 hour ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Decided to take a stab at managerial masterpiece for the first time seeing as I'm day off today. Seven wins left for Tierney and just need to score in four more games for Bolasie

Tierney? Have I missed something??

Got a few games of rivals in last night and tried a 442 with the two cdms. Never tried one depth drop back before so gave it a go as it seems that's what most folk use.

Fucking won 5 in a row and barely conceded a goal. Skill rating over 2000 for the first time. Pissed off that one depth drop back works so well. Had less than 50% possession in three of the games when generally I play 5 depth balanced and have more than 60% possession.

Hurt my soul a bit, tbh. Always seen myself as some sort of purist who didn't go for the meta!

When you guys talk about playing 1 drop back do you mean kicking off and using the inplay tactics or setting up in the tactics beforehand? Think I might be a 1 drop back player as I set up my pregame tactics like that due to constantly getting hit with through balls, tbh this doesn't really stop it.

57 minutes ago, thomas said:

When you guys talk about playing 1 drop back do you mean kicking off and using the inplay tactics or setting up in the tactics beforehand? Think I might be a 1 drop back player as I set up my pregame tactics like that due to constantly getting hit with through balls, tbh this doesn't really stop it.

You set it up in your tactics like this. I used it for like one weekend league on Fifa 20 but it was ultimately pish and I hate playing like that. 

E41F7250-23EC-493D-AE31-7A4F2CF97608.png

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

You set it up in your tactics like this. I used it for like one weekend league on Fifa 20 but it was ultimately pish and I hate playing like that. 

E41F7250-23EC-493D-AE31-7A4F2CF97608.png

I think I have it set two back from balanced but still get caught by through balls a lot, might have to try it a little deeper. 

Three final games for Bellerin. Three wins on the bounce. Last game there a boy clearly doing the Capa objective went 2-0 up against me and then paused obviously trying to get me to quit. He then went 3-0 up. Pulled it back, went 4-3 up and copied his pause after the replay tactic. Goodbye.

Just managed to pack the king’s base card out of an 81+ double, so it’s forced my hand into completing Aouar’s sbc(I was going to do him anyway). It also raises an interesting question re if I get my cards back from EA because I could just sell my inform Kante and free myself up an extra 500k +. Not counting on that though.

Team now looks like this

0E349682-D598-4856-862E-7CE1C548FA20.thumb.jpeg.84e660f97fe5715f14d3bc071eccd29c.jpeg