Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

2 minutes ago, Swami said:

6am to 9:15pm today on Sky Sports Football, ‘SPFL Greatest Games’. 

Have a wild guess how many teams are involved in this feast of Scottish football? 

Given that they're about to broadcast a Rangers v Celtic match and always use their "SPFL Greatest Games" show as a build-up for that, I'm going to guess at two?

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Given that they're about to broadcast a Rangers v Celtic match and always use their "SPFL Greatest Games" show as a build-up for that, I'm going to guess at two?

Depending  how far they went back, it might be shree.

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, just about everything on there that isn’t live sport is a promotional tool for whatever live sport they are showing that week/month. Their ‘news’ channel is similarly just an excuse to promote games. I’m sure it even used to be on freeview tv for that very reason.

We haven't had any away games broadcast on Sky so far this season. We also didn't have a single away game broadcast last season.

The season before the only away game broadcast live was the last day 3-2 win over Dundee, shown by BT Sport.

So there you have it, since we were promoted in 2018 we have had ONE away league game broadcast live.

17 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

We haven't had any away games broadcast on Sky so far this season. We also didn't have a single away game broadcast last season.

The season before the only away game broadcast live was the last day 3-2 win over Dundee, shown by BT Sport.

So there you have it, since we were promoted in 2018 we have had ONE away league game broadcast live.

Got on Premier 3 times now , 4 possibly 5 by the end of January. Funnily your Rivals are the only team not to play on BBC yet in the Championship. Although they have a game slotted in for this month.

48 Games was never enough, 60 was okay on the old deal. 75 would be the best option of 2 per week.

Edited by ArabAuslander

I could have picked this list for them last month

apsMcbG1?format=png&name=small

Just a guess but id forecast the following games are picked at this point next month

21st March - Celtic v Rangers 

3rd April - Rangers v Dundee United

4th April - Ross County v Celtic

Then post split

Rangers v Celtic 

and a selection of TBC v Celtic or Rangers

2 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I could have picked this list for them last month

apsMcbG1?format=png&name=small

Just a guess but id forecast the following games are picked at this point next month

21st March - Celtic v Rangers 

3rd April - Rangers v Dundee United

4th April - Ross County v Celtic

Then post split

Rangers v Celtic 

and a selection of TBC v Celtic or Rangers

What games do you want to be shown?

1 minute ago, bennett said:

What games do you want to be shown?

Competitive games to showcase the league would be a start.

6th February - 3rd are playing 4th in the race for Europe and the leaders are away to a team they beat 8-0 the last time. Which game is going to be the better spectacle?

Its almost at the point where the contract will just be to show every Celtic and Rangers away game.

Does the rule covering a limit on the number of home games also still stand? That in effect "protects the old firm season ticket holders" and reduces the revenue of the other 10.

More games like like Rangers and Celtic at home to the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen could be shown, where as now they need to protect them for the two old firm games which is what they pay the money for and then the trophy presentation.

1 minute ago, realmadrid said:

Competitive games to showcase the league would be a start.

6th February - 3rd are playing 4th in the race for Europe and the leaders are away to a team they beat 8-0 the last time. Which game is going to be the better spectacle?

Its almost at the point where the contract will just be to show every Celtic and Rangers away game.

Does the rule covering a limit on the number of home games also still stand? That in effect "protects the old firm season ticket holders" and reduces the revenue of the other 10.

More games like like Rangers and Celtic at home to the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen could be shown, where as now they need to protect them for the two old firm games which is what they pay the money for and then the trophy presentation.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment,  you're mistakenly thinking Sky Sports are remotely interested in showcasing the Scottish game. They want ratings and that's it.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment,  you're mistakenly thinking Sky Sports are remotely interested in showcasing the Scottish game. They want ratings and that's it.

In that case give them a 72 game a season contact and just show every Celtic and Rangers game , home and away. 

Was there not some comment earlier in the season when they messed up about a commitment to promote the whole of the game. 

When Sky were given the exclusive contract this was all that was ever going to happen. Maybe I'm havering but BT did seem to take the Scottish game seriously, considering they had EPL, Champions and Europa League and Bundesliga (possibly other European leagues as well), they still found time to devote to Scottish fitba. Sky have the EPL and the EFL to show alongside Scottish fitba and its still treated as an afterthought.

The way BT presented the games was much better in every way but they'd be picking the exact same matches if they got the rights.

I know last weekend's games were at different times, but the constant 12pm on Sunday KOs are shite too. Saturday afternoons and evenings as well as Friday nights (the best IMO) have been binned.

Sky exists for one reason and one reason only - to make money. They have zero interest in promoting anything they cant make money from.

A quick view of the Sky Sports website tells you all you need to know. They very rarely have any articles on sporting events they arent covering live, so its mainly just EPL and EFL clickbait. Even during the Olympics and World Cups they rarely have anything other than a cursory comment on it.

The Sky deal might be better financially for the league, but it is an absolutely shite deal for fans, especially non-OF fans, given the difference in coverage compared to BT.