Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

7 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I'd have 8pm Saturday (or Friday) night games too

Yon Saturday night cup tie we had up in Dundee a few years back was one of the messiest games I've been at for a long time, blootered folk everywhere. I was among them, but only to the extent that I could still enjoy the game then finish the job with more drink on the bus home. I'm all for more of that. 

So…my understanding…

It actually is groups, just bigger groups but the results from those groups all count towards one big group? Bonkers!

Next question. What determines which teams you play? A draw presumably. A draw that puts teams into groups. 🤣

Next question. Once you know the 8 teams you’re playing, do you play them all home and away, or 4 at home and 4 away. If the latter, again bonkers!

what a crock even by UEFA’s high crock standards. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The draw doesn't put teams into any sort of groups, the 8 teams you are playing will all have a totally different set of fixtures. Every club will play 4 teams at home and 4 different teams away.

Who the f**k came up with that?

What keeps it fair in terms of the teams everyone plays (seeding I assume) and who you play at home and who you play away?

ETA - Also, what perceived benefit does this new set up bring?

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

19 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That must be the simplest ever flowchart that I don’t get.

Normally a flowchart has to be far more complicated for me not to get it.

🤷‍♂️🤣

Aye it's all a bit "the big clubs want a Super League but we said they couldn't create so here's our version" tbh, it's just step 1 to a proper UEFA super league I'd imagine.

4 pots, 8 teams in each pot. Every side plays 2 sides from each pot for 8 fixtures.

After 8 games the 8 teams to pick up the most points go to the quarters, while the next 16 get drawn against each other with the winner of each tie also going into the quarters. 

Losers are straight out of Europe with no drop to another competition. 

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye it's all a bit "the big clubs want a Super League but we said they couldn't create so here's our version" tbh, it's just step 1 to a proper UEFA super league I'd imagine.

4 pots, 8 teams in each pot. Every side plays 2 sides from each pot for 8 fixtures.

After 8 games the 8 teams to pick up the most points go to the quarters, while the next 16 get drawn against each other with the winner of each tie also going into the quarters. 

Losers are straight out of Europe with no drop to another competition. 

So there’s no advantage in being 9th rather than 24th?

10 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

So there’s no advantage in being 9th rather than 24th?

You go into the same round, and in theory you'll have an easier tie of going through, but yeah it's not anything huge.