Mighty Montrose FC Thread

I wonder if "Berwick the unbeatable" and his chums are reliving the shock of that Kevin Webster MO-ment, following the Malik Tillman incident in tonight's Scottish Cup match.  I suspect the answer may be yes.

I do not think in that instance there was any kind of misunderstanding on the Montrose player's part, just sheer unrestrained opportunism. I did not really understand what was happening, only that the Berwick supporters were going ape about it, which kind of made it all the more enjoyable in a guilty pleasure kind of way.

Back in the day, the word pleasure and supporting Montrose were oxyMOronic, so I wasn't going to quibble over how sporting or otherwise the goal was.

20 hours ago, Brummo said:

I wonder if "Berwick the unbeatable" and his chums are reliving the shock of that Kevin Webster MO-ment, following the Malik Tillman incident in tonight's Scottish Cup match.  I suspect the answer may be yes.

I do not think in that instance there was any kind of misunderstanding on the Montrose player's part, just sheer unrestrained opportunism. I did not really understand what was happening, only that the Berwick supporters were going ape about it, which kind of made it all the more enjoyable in a guilty pleasure kind of way.

Back in the day, the word pleasure and supporting Montrose were oxyMOronic, so I wasn't going to quibble over how sporting or otherwise the goal was.

Berwick?

On 12/02/2023 at 23:22, Brummo said:

BTU 🤣

Any idea when the highlights of the FC Edinburgh game are going to be available? From what I've heard, there were a number of incidents worth watching. e.g. Should Kerr Waddell's assailant have been carded? Was that not happening, an example of the poor refereeing decisions, people have mentioned on here?

1 hour ago, Brummo said:

Any idea when the highlights of the FC Edinburgh game are going to be available? From what I've heard, there were a number of incidents worth watching. e.g. Should Kerr Waddell's assailant have been carded? Was that not happening, an example of the poor refereeing decisions, people have mentioned on here?

I was thinking the same normally up by now...🤨🤨🤨

9 hours ago, Brummo said:

FC Edinburgh uploaded them on YouTube already

Ah well! Another three points down the pan. Can't be bothered with all the full of themselves tripe being pedalled by home fans on the match thread. They are doing better than us admittedly but this season, that isn't saying much. Any Montrose fans actually there to give their view of the match? I thought about watching from abroad again but resented having to pay £20 for a months access to their live stream, when I was only interested in the Mo game. Please can we also stop playing in that rank rotten pink strip. That is all.

Straightforward victory v Clyde.  Relatively meh in the second half but the game was won by half time.  Clyde have some real duds in their team and even if they finish 9th they will need luck, and a new Manager, to survive.

On 05/03/2023 at 15:26, tongue_tied_danny said:

Loving the own goal 

I scored one just like it a few years back. I hadn't played for months and had an absolute brain fart in defence. I am still haunted by the slo-mo replay in my head and the horror I felt watching the ball cross the goal line and the utter disbelief on the faces of my team-mates. The sarcastic thanks from the other team only served to rub salt in the wound. 
I was subbed almost immediately as a punishment. I totally deserved it. I don't think I have ever fully recovered from the shame.

I am so thankful my o.g. was in a bounce game in a local sports centre: no crowd and no YouTube, I honestly feel for this guy. It was such an absolute howler. The goalie also didn't do him any favours by remaining rooted to the spot, watching the ball hit the post and trickle across the line.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
4 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Game is postponed, due to Falkirk's Scottish Cup tie on Monday night.

So it is. Come on the Ayr then

On 12/03/2023 at 15:15, broomiesniper said:

Is there a provisional date for the Falkirk game yet? I know it’ll depend if tomorrow’s cup tie goes to a replay 

Lolkirk now Tuesday 11th April.