COVID-19 In Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Well it is true, because otherwise how else are the protocols judged?

The protocols don’t just apply to St Mirren, they apply to individual players too (as best we know, since to my knowledge they haven’t actually been published yet)

Like you say, one infection isn’t a big deal but it’ll be interesting to know whether it’s actually an infection or not. Because if we start to get a few, particularly for teams based in areas currently locked down, they might consider changing the protocols. And that could impact on a number of things: freedom of the players, training, tests carried out etc

The protocols will be judged on the spread, not an individual catching Covid. You can't punish football because someone caught a virus.

Presumably the protocols for players don't prevent them going to the supermarket for example, where you could still catch it.

If there is a cluster at one club then yes, there will be a problem.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 minutes ago, G51 said:
Well it is true, because otherwise how else are the protocols judged?

The protocols don’t just apply to St Mirren, they apply to individual players too (as best we know, since to my knowledge they haven’t actually been published yet)
Like you say, one infection isn’t a big deal but it’ll be interesting to know whether it’s actually an infection or not. Because if we start to get a few, particularly for teams based in areas currently locked down, they might consider changing the protocols. And that could impact on a number of things: freedom of the players, training, tests carried out etc

Where is locked down currently ? The restrictions are merely going into someone elses house hardly lockdown and bugger all to do with 1 footballer testing positive. He's isolating, no one else has tested positive and life goes on, it's how we are going to live with this.

That’s fair, change lockdown for “areas with tighter restrictions”.

To be clear, one infection doesn’t matter and won’t change things. A pattern of infections will. What I’m asking is do we know whether this actually was an infection yet.

That’s fair, change lockdown for “areas with tighter restrictions”.
To be clear, one infection doesn’t matter and won’t change things. A pattern of infections will. What I’m asking is do we know whether this actually was an infection yet.
The club have said it was on Monday and was positive so looks like it. Protocols have kicked in and it appears to be progressing as expected with the player isolated and training continuing.

Chances of fans at the bigotfest next month now slim to nil. 

No way will that be used as a pilot event. It was relying on general re-opening of stadia. 

Now odds-on there will be an “outbreak” in one of the camps the day before?

Edited by The Master

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

This week's test events still go ahead though but any further ones need individual approval.

That was their actual plan, based on what FFS 😅 

At some point, no doubt when a second wave really hits hard, the complete contradiction of the SPFL's over-eagerness to NOT play any games last season during the pandemic but total desperation to play EVERY game, with fans no less, this season during a pandemic  will become evident to even the most stupid of the folk who have been backing the SPFL/SFA/Celtic the last few months.

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

That was their actual plan, based on what FFS 😅 

At some point, no doubt when a second wave really hits hard, the complete contradiction of the SPFL's over-eagerness to NOT play any games last season during the pandemic but total desperation to play EVERY game, with fans no less, this season during a pandemic  will become evident to even the most stupid of the folk who have been backing the SPFL/SFA/Celtic the last few months.

Ross Geller Gtfo GIF by Friends

Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Click the link and you take care now.

That was their actual plan, based on what FFS [emoji28] 
You still in tears?

Some effort.

I'm curious as to what odds we'd give for the Premiership season to be completed in full this year?

I think I'm about 90% sure it does, on the basis that we're incredibly unlikely to see a repeat of the initial lockdown now that we have a bit more of a handle on things.

10% chance that we can't due to fixture congestion / an unexpected development in COVID / a player fucking off to Marbella for a few days and pissing off the government

Guest 8GamesToGo
38 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It's as hilarious as it is frightening that there are Hearts fans cheering when cases of the virus are increasing, in the hope that it stops Scottish football.

What an absolute embarrassment they've allowed themselves to become.435786888_20200820_223610(1).png.3e51e8748c6328d0ccb0288ecc67f95e.png

Will be cheering when clubs go bust that's for sure. Reap what you sow. You vote for other clubs to take the hit for everyone, you deserve everything you get.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Good to see 5 (FIVE) times relegated Hearts are still suffering.

Once due to a global pandemic and once due to starting the season on -15 pts (yet still winning more points than Hibs) but yeah. Remind us how many times Aberdeen finished in relegation spots but weasled their way out of it through rule changes, etc? Didn't Aberdeen spend about 6 season in 8th or below not that long ago. At least when we finish bottom 6 - which hasn't happened very often since the SPL was formed - we go all out and just have the shittest season ever. We don't faff around down there for years like Aberdeen.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
42 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It's as hilarious as it is frightening that there are Hearts fans cheering when cases of the virus are increasing, in the hope that it stops Scottish football.

What an absolute embarrassment they've allowed themselves to become.435786888_20200820_223610(1).png.3e51e8748c6328d0ccb0288ecc67f95e.png

Shankland scored in a decent league yet?

Guest 8GamesToGo
25 minutes ago, G51 said:

I'm curious as to what odds we'd give for the Premiership season to be completed in full this year?

I think I'm about 90% sure it does, on the basis that we're incredibly unlikely to see a repeat of the initial lockdown now that we have a bit more of a handle on things.

10% chance that we can't due to fixture congestion / an unexpected development in COVID / a player fucking off to Marbella for a few days and pissing off the government

Just as well the SPFL took on board the clusterfuck of the last few months and put in place a plan before the new season started that laid out what would happen if the league was stopped again.

Oh, they didn't... so competent. So wonderfully run.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think the only way it doesn't finish is if the government bans football. Congestion will be dealt with, even if it means clubs squeezing in three or four games a week for a wee while.

It's unlikely, but I wonder if something happens that means we miss a month or so of the season, would they just cancel the split and play 33 games.

Hard to see what could cause that right enough.

Guest 8GamesToGo
18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think the only way it doesn't finish is if the government bans football. Congestion will be dealt with, even if it means clubs squeezing in three or four games a week for a wee while.

We all know what will happen. If there is a title battle ongoing between Celtic and Rangers OR if for some reason Rangers or Celtic are not in the top two spots, the league will either continue as long as humanly possible (ie people will have to be dying in the streets for it to stop) or it will be null and void if one team isn't streaks ahead. We all know this right?

Surely you haven't all been brainwashed to the extent (or are maybe just so relieved that it wasn't your club in Thistle or Hearts position, which let's be honest it could have been any other season or even any other months last season) that you have forgotten who Scottish football is run for and by at the end of the day?

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 hour ago, Romeo said:

You still in tears?

Some effort.

My team wasn't dumped out of Europe yet again after spending the last few months making sure the league ended then started again just to suit your European ambitions, so no, not in tears.