COVID-19 In Scottish Football

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

I presume this is something that the SPFL and SFA considered when they rescheduled the League and Scottish Cups?

Will be pretty damning on them if it isn't.

Did they not offer the club's money if they wanted to opt out of the League cup?

Now the draws been done I can't see that being on the table. 

I've wondered if the SPFL had thought by the time the League cup starts there would be some fans allowed in? 

Might be an agreement of splitting stream money as well? Just speculating though. 

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

A player who has tested positive once and negative once is more likely to have the disease than a player who has tested negative twice. That's how probability works.

Well, not really what you said, you said they had a "higher risk of being infected".  when the second test was performed by the NHS it was determined negative, no matter, we have a easy game on sat anyways.. 

Edited by JudgeFlash
edited

6 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Ft clubs according to Dyer's suggestion aren't willing to play lower league sides who haven't had their squad tested and I fully appreciate why. 

Can't see part time clubs wanting to spend money to play Premiership clubs behind closed doors without the chance of gate money from it. 

Recipe for League cup to be another covid victim?

A Killie XI played a friendly against Alloa last night, so we're clearly not that bothered.

6 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Might be an agreement of splitting stream money as well? Just speculating though. 

Gate money is split so I'd assume so.

1 hour ago, The Other Foot said:

I see the Motherwell and Coleraine boards were photographed together, disregarding social distancing. The tweet has since been deleted.

Not a fantastic idea when a new covid-related issue seems to be hitting Scottish football every week! 

Feels a bit irrelevant when it seems like Connah Quays Nomads manager has just admitted he forced 4 ill players to play tonight despite being aware they tested positive beforehand.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Feels a bit irrelevant when it seems like Connah Quays Nomads manager has just admitted he forced 4 ill players to play tonight despite being aware they tested positive beforehand.

Bloody hell! Where'd you see that? I can only find stories referring to 3 players testing positive, all of whom sat out the game 

7 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Ft clubs according to Dyer's suggestion aren't willing to play lower league sides who haven't had their squad tested and I fully appreciate why. 

Can't see part time clubs wanting to spend money to play Premiership clubs behind closed doors without the chance of gate money from it. 

Recipe for League cup to be another covid victim?

We played Peterhead last night and Montrose this Saturday. Think this is more managerial posturing about the current rules than anything else tbh.

9 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Bloody hell! Where'd you see that? I can only find stories referring to 3 players testing positive, all of whom sat out the game 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54199351

They don't exactly make it clear but that suggests they played. 

___

"Three lads have turned up tonight and they're not well," said Morrison.

"And it's like 'lads I don't want to hear it. I can't hear it tonight that you're ill, please like you know. Let's just get through it'.

"I've been told that before the game and we've had to turn a blind eye to it and then you would have never noticed that anyone there tonight wasn't feeling great."

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.