COVID-19 In Scottish Football

It's accepted that players will be in close contact during contact training and games. They're supposed to keep their distance from staff though. The guidelines around that are very clear. 3-0 forfeit incoming.

As you are now an expert in the lower leagues, what rules apply there? Do Hearts and Dundee have to adhere to the same rules as the top league, but are there different rules for Alloa and Arbroath, as they are part-time? Genuine question

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

As you are now an expert in the lower leagues, what rules apply there? Do Hearts and Dundee have to adhere to the same rules as the top league, but are there different rules for Alloa and Arbroath, as they are part-time? Genuine question

The lower leagues don't even have to test (another insane decision) despite Hearts fan James Anderson giving them money to do it. Hearts are still testing of course, even though we don't have to, because we're good guys.

All non-Premiership is to a single standard. Hearts choose to test IIRC.

However training outside 2 nights per week is clearly less exposure than 4 or 5 daytimes with meals, gym work, more physio/etc.

The lower leagues don't even have to test (another insane decision) despite Hearts fan James Anderson giving them money to do it. Hearts are still testing of course, even though we don't have to, because we're good guys.

[emoji23][emoji23] I’ll let that slide. This is supposed to be a professional sport. St Mirren, Kilmarnock and now potentially, Dundee Utd, are deemed to have broken social distancing rules, while at their work. The same employment that allows social distancing to be broken as part of their employment. So if two players sit too close to each other on the team bus, that is a breach of the rules. If the same two players hold hands at a corner kick then that’s ok?

Guest 8GamesToGo

emoji23.pngemoji23.png I’ll let that slide. This is supposed to be a professional sport. St Mirren, Kilmarnock and now potentially, Dundee Utd, are deemed to have broken social distancing rules, while at their work. The same employment that allows social distancing to be broken as part of their employment. So if two players sit too close to each other on the team bus, that is a breach of the rules. If the same two players hold hands at a corner kick then that’s ok?

I get your point but in game close contact is allowed. I suppose the alternative is no football at all. It's all about reducing risk and not increasing it needlessly, like by doing a team photo or mixing after the match.

2 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

It all depends on when that photo was taken as well. If it was taken when Covid was on the wane it's not too bad. 

I'm clutching at straws for what seems an incredibly stupid thing to do. Watch us win tomorrow and then get docked 3 points on Monday.

If you win tomorrow then you should be immediately docked the 3 points. Then a further 3 points for your indiscretions. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

If you win tomorrow then you should be immediately docked the 3 points. Then a further 3 points for your indiscretions. 

And another 3 just because.

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

8gamestogo still a blubbering mess emoji23.png

To be fair you did leave a little bit of distance in the front there. That's something I suppose.

I get your point but in game close contact is allowed. I suppose the alternative is no football at all. It's all about reducing risk and not increasing it needlessly, like by doing a team photo or mixing after the match.

My own opinion is there should be no football. It is so ridiculous to try and explain to my grandson the above. Yes they can conga in the dressing room while playing for Scotland, but they can’t sit too close to each other on the team bus. I assume Scotland have not had the victory over Serbia voided and Serbia awarded a 3-0 win? No?
St Mirren and Killie have been punished because COVID hit the clubs and they were unable to fulfill their fixtures due to players having to isolate. Dundee Utd have a big enough squad to fulfill their game against Livingston, therefore no action. So even if every club has broken rules, as long as the games are played, there is no prospect of action being taken.
I am NOT saying St Mirren and Killie shouldn’t have received action against them, but I don’t believe for one second that they are the only offenders.

Guest 8GamesToGo
7 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

My own opinion is there should be no football. It is so ridiculous to try and explain to my grandson the above. Yes they can conga in the dressing room while playing for Scotland, but they can’t sit too close to each other on the team bus. I assume Scotland have not had the victory over Serbia voided and Serbia awarded a 3-0 win? No?
St Mirren and Killie have been punished because COVID hit the clubs and they were unable to fulfill their fixtures due to players having to isolate. Dundee Utd have a big enough squad to fulfill their game against Livingston, therefore no action. So even if every club has broken rules, as long as the games are played, there is no prospect of action being taken.
I am NOT saying St Mirren and Killie shouldn’t have received action against them, but I don’t believe for one second that they are the only offenders.

My view has always been they should have reorganised the leagues for one season only made up of the teams confident of being able to test and follow protocols, etc, and supported the rest of the teams that don't play, or played truncated seasons, by distributing the finances fairly. That would have taken a degree of collaboration and togetherness that is way beyond Scottish football though. Instead everyone is still giving the finger to everyone else. All comes from the top - the leadership from Doncaster and Petrie, with Lawell pulling the strings behind the scenes, has been a disgrace from the very beginning of the crisis. However, there was a chance to change things and most clubs bottled it.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

13 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png I’ll let that slide. This is supposed to be a professional sport. St Mirren, Kilmarnock and now potentially, Dundee Utd, are deemed to have broken social distancing rules, while at their work. The same employment that allows social distancing to be broken as part of their employment. So if two players sit too close to each other on the team bus, that is a breach of the rules. If the same two players hold hands at a corner kick then that’s ok?

The more you breach social distancing , the higher the risk.

In order to allow football to restart the authorities have allowed players to breach distancing for a few hours a day at most.   That has increased the likelihood of transmission between players,  however it hasn’t increased the risk anywhere near as much as letting the players breach distancing at all times.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Yeah, I don't see how it benefits us in any way to get a points deduction. All that does (along with Livi's chances of wining at the weekend due to United's troubles) is create a "breakaway" at the bottom of the league.

I agree it would have been harsher on us. However, the thing I am not clear about is why Hamilton and Motherwell should selectively benefit out of this.

As Coventry Saint says, it is not that the matches had to be postponed that is the problem, it is that we didn't adhere to regulations. The two things are separate and any penalties should have reflected that.

My view has always been they should have reorganised the leagues for one season only made up of the teams confident of being able to test and follow protocols, etc, and supported the rest of the teams that don't play, or played truncated seasons, by distributing the finances fairly. That would have taken a degree of collaboration and togetherness that is way beyond Scottish football though. Instead everyone is still giving the finger to everyone else. All comes from the top - the leadership from Doncaster and Petrie, with Lawell pulling the strings behind the scenes, has been a disgrace from the very beginning of the crisis. However, there was a chance to change things and most clubs bottled it.

My dear Jambo pal, let it go ffs! [emoji23]
Last season is done and like it or not, it cannot be changed. Had St Mirren lost against you lot, unlikely as it is in big matches, then we would’ve been relegated. Most of us would have grudgingly accepted it and moved on.
To start a new season, making it up as they go along, depending on which team is involved, smacks of amateurism. As long as clubs with big squads are able to field a team, no action will be taken against them, no matter what they do off the field.

2 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

My dear Jambo pal, let it go ffs! emoji23.png
Last season is done and like it or not, it cannot be changed. Had St Mirren lost against you lot, unlikely as it is in big matches, then we would’ve been relegated. Most of us would have grudgingly accepted it and moved on.
To start a new season, making it up as they go along, depending on which team is involved, smacks of amateurism. As long as clubs with big squads are able to field a team, no action will be taken against them, no matter what they do off the field.

Would you?

Would you?

Honestly, yes I would. Relegation is not the end of the world. As long as decisions are made transparently then you just take it on the chin and move on. Use it to motivate yourselves for the next season. The COVID rules and punishments are neither clear, fair nor transparent