EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

11 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

The drop off in results from last season for Liverpool is quite striking. Okay, they've had injuries but they fannied about getting a replacement for VVD. TAA and Robertson seem to have been affected by the midfielders playing at centre back and the new guy from Germany looks like he won't be hanging about for long. Then we get Allisson performing like some kind of circus act.

Is there a fatigue after last season's title efforts where they played at a high level week in and week out? Can Klopp ever get them back to the level?

I think fatigue or burnout must be a part of it. It’s not just the players they have lost but elsewhere their first choice players don’t look nearly as sharp or quick as they have done in previous seasons.

Klopp doesn’t seem to do much in the way of rotating his team. The same first 11 (when fit) have played most of the games over the last 3 seasons now.

I thought it strange in Jan that they couldn’t get anyone better than the defender from Shalke and the guy from Preston. Maybe nobody was available but you’d think Liverpool would have more pulling power. Then again, they probably know they won’t play much once Van Dijk and the others are back again. That goes back to not appearing to use his squad.

Edited by Jambomo

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:
12 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

The drop off in results from last season for Liverpool is quite striking. Okay, they've had injuries but they fannied about getting a replacement for VVD. TAA and Robertson seem to have been affected by the midfielders playing at centre back and the new guy from Germany looks like he won't be hanging about for long. Then we get Allisson performing like some kind of circus act.
Is there a fatigue after last season's title efforts where they played at a high level week in and week out? Can Klopp ever get them back to the level?

Van Dijk was injured after the transfer window had closed, but you are right that they should have been lining up a centre back to sign as soon as the window opened in January. They are missing Henderson in midfield as much as they are missing the defenders who are out.

They don't have a big enough squad and don't have the same level of cash as man city sheik play thing, end of

Just now, Binos said:

Yes I am serious

It's very obvious no one has as much as man city

Not to the degree that Liverpool should have been limited by cash to make better improvements than they have. Or even that they didn't have better depth in the squad as it was.

There's more to it than City simply having more money.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not to the degree that Liverpool should have been limited by cash to make better improvements than they have. Or even that they didn't have better depth in the squad as it was.

There's more to it than City simply having more money.

It was a simple statement which I'm not sure why you're not following

Liverpool are struggling as they've had a few injuries and they don't have a big enough squad to cover it

Unlike man city who can cover any injury as they have almost two top class teams worth of players. Due to them being the play thing of a sovereign wealth fund

4 minutes ago, Binos said:

Liverpool are struggling as they've had a few injuries and they don't have a big enough squad to cover it

Unlike man city who can cover any injury as they have almost two top class teams worth of players. Due to them being the play thing of a sovereign wealth fund

Aye, you'd never see Man City forced to go through a season playing a defensive midfielder as a CB, or having no striker 😂

Liverpool fans watch their side spending over £800m since Klopp came in, then claim they're not getting to spend enough so are at a disadvantage...

4 minutes ago, Binos said:

I'm sorry I'm struggling against your towering intellect and football knowledge.

Do you think it should have been within the resources available at Liverpool to have better cover than they do?

Liverpool dont have as much money as City, of that there can be no doubt.

They also didnt when they absolutely bodied City last season, matched them blow for blow the season before and missed out narrowly with an unfathomable high second place points tally, and wont the Champions League.

The actual relevant argument is "Do Liverpool have enough money that a complete lack of squad depth is the fault of the collective management, and not simply budget" and the answer to that is yes, of course they do.

The idea that a comparative lack of funds is whats led to this calamity is ridiculous. If they are having to play Jordan Henderson at Centre Half, it's on them

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, you'd never see Man City forced to go through a season playing a defensive midfielder as a CB, or having no striker 😂

Liverpool fans watch their side spending over £800m since Klopp came in, then claim they're not getting to spend enough so are at a disadvantage...

Man city have spent £500m more than Liverpool over the last 5 years

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm sorry I'm struggling against your towering intellect and football knowledge.

Do you think it should have been within the resources available at Liverpool to have better cover than they do?

It seems that every time Liverpool go through a bad patch people on here have meltdowns and blame it on other teams only having success because they are rich.

It seems that every time Liverpool go through a bad patch people on here have meltdowns and blame it on other teams only having success because they are rich.
Some people do, most of us just enjoy the ride.

Tbf, any of the "Big 6" EPL franchises going through a meltdown always makes for hilarity. The tears and entitlement that permeate down from to boardroom to the armchair fans is always tremendous value.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Some people do, most of us just enjoy the ride.

Tbf, any of the "Big 6" EPL franchises going through a meltdown always makes for hilarity. The tears and entitlement that permeate down from to boardroom to the armchair fans is always tremendous value.

Franchise is a good description

That's all any of these clubs are now

With the Manchester blues franchise having the most money

Just now, Binos said:

Franchise is a good description

That's all any of these clubs are now

With the Manchester blues franchise having the most money

Its absolutely how I view them and it started with the increasing trend of players and managers willing to move between them. They dont think twice about selling to a rival now. The arse end was always a merrygoround but nowadays the top of the EPL lacks any uniqueness, character or identity for any of the clubs. They are all the same, same social media cliches, same fan entitlement, same players and managers.... Its just the NFL now, which is precisely what those in charge are driving at tbh. A commercial project. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its absolutely how I view them and it started with the increasing trend of players and managers willing to move between them. They dont think twice about selling to a rival now. The arse end was always a merrygoround but nowadays the top of the EPL lacks any uniqueness, character or identity for any of the clubs. They are all the same, same social media cliches, same fan entitlement, same players and managers.... Its just the NFL now, which is precisely what those in charge are driving at tbh. A commercial project. 

Introduce a draft system

Might actually make it better

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^moves on swiftly after failing to answer the questions about Liverpool.

Liverpool spent big on players to win the title that they desperetaly wanted to do but didn't have the money to by a proper squad, have overplayed their players who are falling apart, Tierney Celtic style

Man city have two teams and rotate them every week. There was negligence from man city for a short while when they hadn't bought enough players almost out of laziness which they swiftly corrected

It'll probably go boom when the sheikh pulls his wad out one day

7 minutes ago, Binos said:

Liverpool spent big on players to win the title that they desperetaly wanted to do but didn't have the money to by a proper squad, have overplayed their players who are falling apart, Tierney Celtic style

Man city have two teams and rotate them every week. There was negligence from man city for a short while when they hadn't bought enough players almost out of laziness which they swiftly corrected

It'll probably go boom when the sheikh pulls his wad out one day

Thanks for explaining the finer points of all this.

What am I like?