Musselburgh Athletic FC 2020-21

11 hours ago, MDM said:

Is this really necessary?

Casey Jones will be allowed to attend games as he provides match reports and updates.  I'm sure he doesn't have to be a committee member to assume that role.

Where can I find his match reports and updates apart this 'unofficial' site? 

The amount of work CJ puts in around the club I'd be pretty comfortable with him attending games, he's all but a commitee member other than he doesn't have a vote in meetings etc.  Many clubs would be happy to have a guy like him around their club.

I don't know exactly what has happened with the positive Covid test so can't definitively answer what has occured but I'd be massively surprised if any guidelines were'nt followed as we've got an honest and attentive committee and one that has a goood relationship with the EoSFA (as pretty much every club seems to) that they wouldn't want to risk by even pushing the boundaries here.

As usual here (been guilty of it myself) rumour fills in any gaps that a club wants to keep in house, as has been said, unofficial site, everybody's entitled to put their thoughts forward, doesn't invest them with any truth though.

10 hours ago, RobM said:

The amount of work CJ puts in around the club I'd be pretty comfortable with him attending games, he's all but a commitee member other than he doesn't have a vote in meetings etc.  Many clubs would be happy to have a guy like him around their club.

I don't know exactly what has happened with the positive Covid test so can't definitively answer what has occured but I'd be massively surprised if any guidelines were'nt followed as we've got an honest and attentive committee and one that has a goood relationship with the EoSFA (as pretty much every club seems to) that they wouldn't want to risk by even pushing the boundaries here.

As usual here (been guilty of it myself) rumour fills in any gaps that a club wants to keep in house, as has been said, unofficial site, everybody's entitled to put their thoughts forward, doesn't invest them with any truth though.

So why did Blackburn have to isolate and your lot ignored it and went training instead ?

3 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

So why did Blackburn have to isolate and your lot ignored it and went training instead ?

You miss the 'I don't know exactly what happened' comment?

2 hours ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

ok had a look - home team, video footage but cant find a match report - help please

Hello Cookie

Happy New Year.

i think you are doing a dis-service to yourself by asking the original question as I don't think, correct me if I am wrong, you have asked the same question of anyone else. However, after staying  off P&B for two days, out of courtesy I will answer you, as I try and do with most. For home matches, I have been at every friendly and league match, this season.

I was not going to respond to you or to the Tranent person's comments on a reply that someone one else made regarding my attendance at matches, but since you still feel a need to come on here for a trivial matter ( to me - perhaps not you) I decided to give you a chapter and verse response.

I did not go to any away friendly matches - I think that was only Kelty. But I may have missed one. For away competitive  matches, I have been at all, apart from Whitehill Welfare,  Blackburn United, Penicuik Scottish Cup 1st preliminary and Wick 2nd preliminary match. 

Again, correct me if I am wrong. I think you ask as I state that I am a fan and not a committee member? If so, I will give you my reasoning. Musselburgh confirmed their committee members at this year's AGM on 2nd August 2020. No one nominated or seconded me as a committee member, something I am happy about as I have no wish to be on the Musselburgh committee.

However, as RobM says, I do a lot of voluntary work at the club and through this, I think the office bearers think of me as someone they can rely on and trust. Perhaps I am wrong?

We have a committee member, due to circumstances I will not detail, who cannot attend matches at this time. As such,  the President of Musselburgh and his Deputy asked if I would carry out the duties of that committee member, on match days, which I happily agreed to. Hence why I have been at all home matches.

The reason I was not at Kelty, Whitehill, or Penicuik cup match, is that there was a full capacity of committee members who wished to attend these matches. as a non-committee member I am happy to accept that I will not be considered on such occasions.

Of the away matches I have attended, it is only because there was/were spare 'spaces available' and so, I was asked if I would wish to attend. I have said yes to each invite. As RobM  states, I do notes of matches for Musselburgh Athletic and it is far easier and better to write a match report, while at the ground as opposed to logging in to Live Streams. For this, I did match notes from looking at my PC for the Whitehill match and the Penicuik cup tie. I did not do notes for Blackburn and Wick as I do not think Live Streams were available.

When I get home tonight, I will look out the Penicuik notes out are looking for and supply this to you, though, I think if you look back P&B, you will see both reports on the Musselburgh page. There are 3 notes not on the Musselburgh website. These are Whitehill and 2nd Penicuik match and I think the away league match at Newtongrange

I hope this is helpful and wish you and Penicuik all best for the remainder of this season.

Edited by Casey Jones

18 hours ago, RobM said:

Thank you for the kind words Rob! 👍

9 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Penicuik Athletic v Musselburgh Athletic 1 December 2020.docx 15.35 kB · 2 downloads

That is my original note of 2nd match against Penicuik. Gave you the link to the Cup tie note on Friday.

Wouldn't rise to it CJ.  Committee's OK'ed you to go along and do a specifc task at games, none of his business, he's at the wind-up.

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Musselburgh Athletic friendly dates for your diary :

16 June V Arniston Rangers
29 June V Bo'ness United 
3 July V Whickham (Tyne & Wear)
10 July V Edinburgh United

Two hard; two not so hard. Assuming there are more to come, most likely in June? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2021 at 07:22, Passthebaw said:

Musselburgh Athletic friendly dates for your diary :

16 June V Arniston Rangers
29 June V Bo'ness United 
3 July V Whickham (Tyne & Wear)
10 July V Edinburgh United

A reminder that Burgh’s first home friendly for the new season, is tomorrow night. Kick off against Arniston is 7.30pm. Follows two away friendlies; drawing 2-2 against Cumbernauld Colts and beating Haddington 1-0.

After tomorrow’s match, Musselburgh’s goalkeeping coach, Ryan McGurk, will step away from football as he retires. Far too young for this and hopefully he will change his mind after a wee break, but I wish Ryan well with his decision.

Ryan is up there as one of THE most popular and friendliest of guys anyone is likely to meet. Always with a smile on his face and always happy to stop to talk to you. Anyone who has watched Ryan, either in training, or at the warm-ups will know what a naturally gifted player he was. Although a keeper, he would have effortlessly slipped in to an outfield position. At this level of football, I have never seen one person more skilled /gifted with a ball at their feet. So in control of what he does and his long throw outs, kick-outs, or crosses with the ball in a training session was a joy to behold.

Olivebank will be a much poorer place without Ryan’s presence. As a guy, keeper and/or coach Ryan will be missed by absolutely everyone, perhaps with one exception, who will remain nameless 🤣🤣

Hope he departs with a win.

• 5 weeks later...

Very much looking forward to the opening fixture of the new season on Friday. K/Off @ 7.30pm away to LTHV. Venue is at Spartans in Pilton. 

Should be a cracker as both teams look to get off to a decent start and for Musselburgh to avenge the opening day defeat last season! #montheburgh 💙

• 2 weeks later...