Musselburgh Athletic FC 2020-21

At least cowdenbeath have told them to gtf over boxing day. Getting a taste of their own medicine 
Were Wick to blame about the SFA scheduling a Monday night fixture? All seems a bit petty. By and large, Boxing Day games bcd should be avoided, Sunday would have been much more sensible.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:
19 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
At least cowdenbeath have told them to gtf over boxing day. Getting a taste of their own medicine 

Were Wick to blame about the SFA scheduling a Monday night fixture? All seems a bit petty. By and large, Boxing Day games bcd should be avoided, Sunday would have been much more sensible.

Wick wanted the game midweek, let’s not kid ourselves on! Heard a whisper, Burgh wanted to change Saturday’s match to Sunday but Blackburn said no. 

Maybe you think both of these are petty too.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:
19 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think it's more the fact they never tried to organise another venue to avoid further postponements, as other clubs have done.

It was basically Saturday (1st attempt)-Midweek (2nd attempt)-Saturday (3rd attempt)-Monday (4th attempt) then every day from then until the game got played if i'm remembering right.

2 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Wick wanted the game midweek, let’s not kid ourselves on! Heard a whisper, Burgh wanted to change Saturday’s match to Sunday but Blackburn said no. 

Wick played when the SFA told them to play, HJ listed the dates of when the games would be scheduled even before the original game was cancelled.

Your whisper was wrong, Blackburn suggested Sunday but Musselburgh wanted to stick to Boxing Day as you have a midweek game, which is fair enough.

You need to get a better whisperer before making an erchie of yourself.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think it's more the fact they never tried to organise another venue to avoid further postponements, as other clubs have done.

It was basically Saturday (1st attempt)-Midweek (2nd attempt)-Saturday (3rd attempt)-Monday (4th attempt) then every day from then until the game got played if i'm remembering right.

They have every right to try and get the game on their own ground before the SFA suggest they move it to get it played.  Getting the game played 9 days after the original scheduled date is fine, although I think it's unreasonable to ask part-time clubs to travel these distances midweek particularly in current circumstances.  It was a tough ask for Musselburgh.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

They have every right to try and get the game on their own ground before the SFA suggest they move it to get it played.  Getting the game played 9 days after the original scheduled date is fine, although I think it's unreasonable to ask part-time clubs to travel these distances midweek particularly in current circumstances.  It was a tough ask for Musselburgh.

After the first two postponements they should of looked at securing a venue to guarantee the game got played at the 3rd attempt on the saturday. 

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

After the first two postponements they should of looked at securing a venue to guarantee the game got played at the 3rd attempt on the saturday. 

Why should they? perhaps they were confident their pitch would be fine and they would have wanted to retain home advantage, and the game was eventually played just over a week after the original date.   I just find it petty to level criticism at Wick in these circumstances. If anything, the SFA should take a look at themselves for making these clubs play on a Monday.

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Why should they? perhaps they were confident their pitch would be fine and they would have wanted to retain home advantage, and the game was eventually played just over a week after the original date.   I just find it petty to level criticism at Wick in these circumstances. If anything, the SFA should take a look at themselves for making these clubs play on a Monday.

If the game wasn't played Monday, when should it have been played? When should the 4th attempt have been played?

42 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Why do you think they didn't want it on a Saturday, with maximum ticket sales? I can't believe you lot, claiming that a local linesman and the club conspired to get it postponed, and then when it finally got played that it wasn't fit for purpose and should have been postponed again! :lol: By the way, I think the SFA should ask the clubs to change the rules, 2 attempts at the home ground then it switches to the away club to have a go. You can't blame Wick for that though.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
If the game wasn't played Monday, when should it have been played? When should the 4th attempt have been played?

Does it really matter? 27th or 28th, no need to play it midweek with those distances involved.

So Boxing Day weekend. Which means the Cowdenbeath tie gets knocked-off the weekend slot, meaning that they get stuck playing midweek instead?

57 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They'd sold a fair amount of tickets for it and the nearest SFA compliant ground is 50 miles away. Why would they want to do that, even if Brora weren't playing at home that day anyway?

P.S. The only reason Brora were playing at home was because Fort William had messed up their drainage work in the summer and asked to shift it. If Musselburgh had drawn Fort instead of Wick it would likely have broken the record books for postponements.

Edited by welshbairn

10 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
So Boxing Day weekend. Which means the Cowdenbeath tie gets knocked-off the weekend slot, meaning that they get stuck playing midweek instead?

Yip. It's nothing new.

These two teams shouldn't play midweek. SFA should have a look at themselves. 

But these two teams, that's fine. 

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

These two teams shouldn't play midweek. SFA should have a look at themselves. 

But these two teams, that's fine. 

There didn't need to be undue haste to play this game midweek in the middle of a pandemic, and if it came to pass that Cowdenbeath v Wick was shunted off the Boxing Day date, then arrangements should be made to play it on a Saturday as well, and PP the league games.  It's already mad enough that part time teams travel all over Scotland midweek for SPFL games let alone this.  Maybe a future rule that ensures ties where the travel time exceeds 3 or 4 hours, they have to be played on weekend dates.

Anyway it's completely immaterial, and looking at the forecast, the Cowden v Wick game could end up being midweek anyway.

Edited by Burnieman

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Wick played when the SFA told them to play, HJ listed the dates of when the games would be scheduled even before the original game was cancelled.

Your whisper was wrong, Blackburn suggested Sunday but Musselburgh wanted to stick to Boxing Day as you have a midweek game, which is fair enough.

You need to get a better whisperer before making an erchie of yourself.

🤣🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Why do you think they didn't want it on a Saturday, with maximum ticket sales? I can't believe you lot, claiming that a local linesman and the club conspired to get it postponed, and then when it finally got played that it wasn't fit for purpose and should have been postponed again! :lol: By the way, I think the SFA should ask the clubs to change the rules, 2 attempts at the home ground then it switches to the away club to have a go. You can't blame Wick for that though.

Wick fan says full capacity of 300 at the match so your first query counts for nothing 👍

11 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Wick fan says full capacity of 300 at the match so your first query counts for nothing 👍

Think you'll find that was the maximum amount of tickets they could sell, not the attendance. Have a look.