Musselburgh Athletic FC 2020-21

Just now, Casey Jones said:

That will be a no! 

So after bringing my club into a discussion which had zero to do with them, and then falsely accused them of refusing to move your game, you're not even going to hold your hand up and apologise for getting it wrong.  What a numpty.

1 minute ago, Casey Jones said:

Wasn’t me that said it, but rather a fan who was there. Do I believe him or you WB?

Neither, I just wish you'd stop whining about it and accept you lost fair and square. It might have been your first Scottish Cup fixture but you might as well have found out about the rules before accusing Wick and SFA appointed referees and linesmen of corruption.

56 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There didn't need to be undue haste to play this game midweek in the middle of a pandemic, and if it came to pass that Cowdenbeath v Wick was shunted off the Boxing Day date, then arrangements should be made to play it on a Saturday as well, and PP the league games.  It's already mad enough that part time teams travel all over Scotland midweek for SPFL games let alone this.  Maybe a future rule that ensures ties where the travel time exceeds 3 or 4 hours, they have to be played on weekend dates.

Anyway it's completely immaterial, and looking at the forecast, the Cowden v Wick game could end up being midweek anyway.

Nah.  Shortened season places even more importance on getting games played.  Letting cup games go to the next round and postponing (multiple) league games is unacceptable.  We know the chaos caused with the junior cup being run in such a fashion.

Lets remember the spfl clubs pushed forward an agenda to keep non-league clubs out of the competition thankfully that never happened but the non-league clubs failing to get games on and potentially severe distruption to spfl sides would give that argument more strength.

Its a national competition and this is part of it.   If BBC want to show a long distance tie then sure as hell even the first attempt won’t be a Saturday.  

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Neither, I just wish you'd stop whining about it and accept you lost fair and square. It might have been your first Scottish Cup fixture but you might as well have found out about the rules before accusing Wick and SFA appointed referees and linesmen of corruption.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

2nd Cup tie and I knew the rules that you very much. 

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

So after bringing my club into a discussion which had zero to do with them, and then falsely accused them of refusing to move your game, you're not even going to hold your hand up and apologise for getting it wrong.  What a numpty.

Been called worse. Not sure if you are an official, committee member, fan, player or coach, but you seemed to be assured of your facts.

I am a fan, so not in the know, however, I heard it from within the club, hence why I am not apologising and indeed I will refrain from calling you a name. What age are you by the way 6, or 7 or 8  - surely am not far away given your wee outburst. 

Just now, parsforlife said:

Nah.  Shortened season places even more importance on getting games played.  Letting cup games go to the next round and postponing (multiple) league games is unacceptable.  We know the chaos caused with the junior cup being run in such a fashion.

Lets remember the spfl clubs pushed forward an agenda to keep non-league clubs out of the competition thankfully that never happened but the non-league clubs failing to get games on and potentially severe distruption to spfl sides would give that argument more strength.

Its a national competition and this is part of it.   If BBC want to show a long distance tie then sure as hell even the first attempt won’t be a Saturday.  

On the flip side, playing cup ties where teams are having to scrape 12 players together to play a game at a few days notice shows how difficult it is.  Linlithgow had that problem a couple of years back when having to play at Wick midweek, so it's not a new phenomenon Golspie didn't even enter this season due in part to this scenario arising, probably influenced Gretna not entering either.

I'm sure a compromise can be made to make these long-distances ties easier for small part-time clubs.

5 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Been called worse. Not sure if you are an official, committee member, fan, player or coach, but you seemed to be assured of your facts.

I am a fan, so not in the know, however, I heard it from within the club, hence why I am not apologising and indeed I will refrain from calling you a name. What age are you by the way 6, or 7 or 8  - surely am not far away given your wee outburst. 

You're a numpty, you have "heard a whisper" and posted it on on here falsely accusing a club, to what ends I don't know.  To repeat, Blackburn asked about playing the game on Sunday but Musselburgh have a midweek game against Tranent and wanted to stick to Saturday.  Blackburn have no issue with that at all.

I recall you made an arse of yourself a while back on twitter when accusing Blackburn of not being quick enough in announcing a game was postponed due to snow. You seem to have a lot to say for yourself.

Edited by Burnieman

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Why should they? perhaps they were confident their pitch would be fine and they would have wanted to retain home advantage, and the game was eventually played just over a week after the original date.   I just find it petty to level criticism at Wick in these circumstances. If anything, the SFA should take a look at themselves for making these clubs play on a Monday.

Disagree with u hear Burnie if shoe was on the other foot I think wick would be unhappy if musselburgh didnt move the game 

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You're a numpty, you have "heard a whisper" and posted it on on here falsely accusing a club, to what ends I don't know.  To repeat, Blackburn asked about playing the game on Sunday but Musselburgh have a midweek game against Tranent and wanted to stick to Saturday.  Blackburn have no issue with that at all.

I recall you made an arse of yourself a while back on twitter when accusing Blackburn of not being quick enough in announcing a game was postponed due to snow. You seem to have a lot to say for yourself.

So I have made an arse of myself a while back before and again now. Wonder if I will make another one for a trio? 

I believe the whisper I heard, so sorry if that offends you to make an outburst, not once but twice. 

Enjoy your Christmas Burnieman. Perhaps try and answer a question once in a while - no?

ps; may the best team win on Saturday. 

10 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Disagree with u hear Burnie if shoe was on the other foot I think wick would be unhappy if musselburgh didnt move the game 

I think we have all got into the mindset that games should be moved after a postponement or at the moment, before a game is even played.

It's something the SFA need to look at a bit more closely when it comes to these long distance ties IMO, perhaps have an alternative ground available or suchlike to facilitate Saturday games as much as possible.  I dont think anyone wants to be in Musselburghs position.

Edited by Burnieman

2 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

So I have made an arse of myself a while back before and again now. Wonder if I will make another one for a trio? 

I believe the whisper I heard, so sorry if that offends you to make an outburst, not once but twice. 

Enjoy your Christmas Burnieman. Perhaps try and answer a question once in a while - no?

ps; may the best team win on Saturday. 

And still you wont back down despite being told you're wrong.

Just now, Casey Jones said:

Won’t? 

Did I not try and demonstrate my answer to you in my last post? You are hard work Burnieman. 

My only advice to you is don't spread false claims about other clubs on forums and social media based on rumour and whispers.

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

My only advice to you is don't spread false claims about other clubs on forums and social media based on rumour and whispers.

So I assume what you say is fact Burnieman and you know for certain and know that what I heard is total fabrication? 

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I think I've made that clear.

Did you? I didn’t see it that way. I thought I made my position clear to, but perhaps I mis-heard through, my hard of hearing, the information from the whisper?

Burnieman, I am sorry. 

23 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Did you? I didn’t see it that way. I thought I made my position clear to, but perhaps I mis-heard through, my hard of hearing, the information from the whisper?

Burnieman, I am sorry. 

I suppose you are a guy that wants an apology, but, when you receive one, you come back and say you won’t accept it!! Must be hard being that perfect.

Anyway, have a nice Christmas Burnieman.

20 hours ago, Burnieman said:

The irony of your avatar Burnieman - "Be nice to each other". Reading through this thread you've been thoroughly unpleasant. CJ is a real character here, occasionally at the wind-up and doesn't deserve your tone. Season of goodwill and all that! 

As I understand it, and I may be wrong, but Blackburn wanted to play Sunday. Musselburgh didn't as they play on Wednesday. Musselburgh then offered a potential January solution but no agreement could be reached, so it's Saturday.

Have a good Christmas. May the best team win. 

15 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

The irony of your avatar Burnieman - "Be nice to each other". Reading through this thread you've been thoroughly unpleasant. CJ is a real character here, occasionally at the wind-up and doesn't deserve your tone. Season of goodwill and all that! 

As I understand it, and I may be wrong, but Blackburn wanted to play Sunday. Musselburgh didn't as they play on Wednesday. Musselburgh then offered a potential January solution but no agreement could be reached, so it's Saturday.

Have a good Christmas. May the best team win. 

Thank you PTB! Reading what you say, I definitely picked up wrong, though not intentionally!

I do sometimes write things to get a reaction which can produce a good conversation, but with riling Burnieman so much, I realised I was in the wrong so my apology came, something I will always do in that situation.

Hope you had a good time today.