Musselburgh Athletic FC 2020-21

What's this that i am hearing , Mussie  contacted the league yesterday that one of their players tested positive for Covid  19 and track and trace told them to isolate but they still went ahead and trained at the Oriam last night ?

15 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

What's this that i am hearing , Mussie  contacted the league yesterday that one of their players tested positive for Covid  19 and track and trace told them to isolate but they still went ahead and trained at the Oriam last night ?

I understand that Blackburn utd players and coaches were contacted on Monday requiring them all to self isolate following Saturday's match with Musselburgh.
Has tonight's game v Tranent been postponed? It's still showing on the EoS site.

2 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

I understand that Blackburn utd players and coaches were contacted on Monday requiring them all to self isolate following Saturday's match with Musselburgh.
Has tonight's game v Tranent been postponed? It's still showing on the EoS site.

2pm inspection. And it looks like Musselburgh chose to ignore the isolation part !

Edited by Halfwit8

3 minutes ago, Halfwit8 said:

You would think so but apparently did not and trained at the Oriam.

Blackburn cancelled their training! Scheduled fixture on Sat v Camelon is already posponed becasue of their Scottish Cup tie.
From gov.uk here's what self isolate means "must stay at home and self-isolate for 10 days from their last contact with the confirmed case"

I don't get this.
EoS has been granted the privilege of continuing playing. Procedures are put in place to restrict numbers at games and record EVERYONE present for precisely this eventuality. Track and Trace kicks in EVERYONE gets contacted just as if they had been to the same pub back when they were open. EoS should be shouting loud and clear that this has happened and both teams will be required to stop training and games until the 10 day period has passed. They should make a virtue out of the process actually doing exactly what it has been set up to do!
Here's hoping that the player or players involved make a swift and full recovery.

4 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

I don't get this.
EoS has been granted the privilege of continuing playing. Procedures are put in place to restrict numbers at games and record EVERYONE present for precisely this eventuality. Track and Trace kicks in EVERYONE gets contacted just as if they had been to the same pub back when they were open. EoS should be shouting loud and clear that this has happened and both teams will be required to stop training and games until the 10 day period has passed. They should make a virtue out of the process actually doing exactly what it has been set up to do!
Here's hoping that the player or players involved make a swift and full recovery.

Musselburgh don't play by the rules .

19 minutes ago, RobM said:

Grow up.

Do you know what the story is at Musselburgh on this?
If Blackburn players and coaches from the game on Saturday have been told to self isolate surely it's the same situation at Musselburgh?

2 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

Musselburgh don't play by the rules .

Halfwit. I can’t remember if you are a fan at Tranent or a Committee member or both? 

You are on here a lot so you will have noticed me making an erse of myself last week when I argued a few times with Burnieman, to the extent that I had to apologise twice. Thankfully, Burnieman accepted my apologies and we move on.

As I said last week, I am a fan. I was convinced what I said was true, but it was proven that I was not, hence the apologies. As I am not on the committee, I do not know all happenings at Musselburgh so will not comment on what you have written, but I will say now that you have written down something that I certainly wouldn’t have of Tranent! I will say no more on the matter.

Cheers. 

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

As I said last week, I am a fan. I was convinced what I said was true, but it was proven that I was not, hence the apologies. As I am not on the committee, I do not know all happenings at Musselburgh so will not comment on what you have written, but I will say now that you have written down something that I certainly wouldn’t have of Tranent! I will say no more on the matter.

Cheers. 

Out of interest Casey - how many games have you attended this season behind closed doors?

4 hours ago, PastyMan said:

Do you know what the story is at Musselburgh on this?
If Blackburn players and coaches from the game on Saturday have been told to self isolate surely it's the same situation at Musselburgh?

Only that Halfwit8 is an erse.

11 hours ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

Out of interest Casey - how many games have you attended this season behind closed doors?

Is this really necessary?

Casey Jones will be allowed to attend games as he provides match reports and updates.  I'm sure he doesn't have to be a committee member to assume that role.

8 hours ago, MDM said:

Is this really necessary?

Casey Jones will be allowed to attend games as he provides match reports and updates.  I'm sure he doesn't have to be a committee member to assume that role.

How not , he just asked a question . 

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 22:04, Halfwit8 said:

Surely not Halfwit, imagine Musselburgh sticking two fingers up to Covid, the EOSFL and the safety of their own players?

The interesting fact would be when did the Musselburgh player that tested positive actually go for his test, lets hope that for everyone's sake it wasn't before he played the game v Blackburn on Saturday?

4 minutes ago, beachboy said:

Surely not Halfwit, imagine Musselburgh sticking two fingers up to Covid, the EOSFL and the safety of their own players?

The interesting fact would be when did the Musselburgh player that tested positive actually go for his test, lets hope that for everyone's sake it wasn't before he played the game v Blackburn on Saturday?

A player from Blackburn tested positive yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Halfwit8 said:

A player from Blackburn tested positive yesterday.

Joking apart Halfwit, this is now becoming very concerning?

Tranent received an email from Musselburgh on Monday late afternoon, to indicate the game on Wednesday could be in doubt because of a positive Covid case within the Musselburgh squad.

If that was the case why did Musselburgh then decide that training on Monday night at the Oriam was acceptable?

I am also led to believe that Blackburn were informed that players and coaches that attended the game at Olivebank on Saturday would require to self isolate....again why did Musselburgh think it was ok to train on the Monday night?

Hopefully the players that have tested positive are well.