Scottish Infrastructure

jamamafegan

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Reducing the speed limit everywhere to 5mph would greatly reduce the risk that anything bad ever happened on a road. It would still be bonkers.

I’m sure your experience wasn’t nice but I don’t know what it’s supposed to prove. Should we not have higher speed limits on wide open roads in case anyone ever needs to do an emergency stop?

Which is why nobody’s suggested 5mph.   Strange point to make. 

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Which is why nobody’s suggested 5mph.   Strange point to make. 

Anything that reduces the risk that these shit drivers can cause death or serious injury is a good thing.

Making it 5mph would hugely reduce that risk. Hope that helps.

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Anything that reduces the risk that these shit drivers can cause death or serious injury is a good thing.

Making it 5mph would hugely reduce that risk. Hope that helps.

Except naebody's suggesting that. Someone is literally proposing increasing the speed limit. Have a word with that individual.

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

The Road Safety Framework to 2030 sets out a compelling long-term vision for road safety, Vision Zero, where there are zero fatalities and injuries on Scotland’s roads by 2050.

Surely the whole point of a target is that it's achievable...

Some speed limits should be increasing as cars become safer, not decreasing, at least variably depending on traffic volume.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I always worry about the 'one is too many types'  Your a f**king politician, its your job to decide what is an acceptable risk.

It is also really silly to be having a debate about how accidents or deaths maybe increasing without questioning why that maybe as part of society.  Have our roads suddenly become less safe? I doubt it TBH.  Are you likely to wait longer for an ambulance to arrive? almost certainly.  Are there less resources to give you the best care once you reach hospital? again that's almost certain.  Less traffic cops to enforce the truly bambot behaviour? Is the state of the economy encouraging more risk taking? Is car upkeep at the same standard?

If your not looking at the full picture then you can STFU with your recommendations. 

Environmentally reducing national speed limits will help.  Build up areas going to 20 tho? I'm not sold,  many of these areas discourage coasting which is one of the best thing you can do to improve efficiency. 

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I always worry about the 'one is too many types'  Your a f**king politician, its your job to decide what is an acceptable risk.

It is also really silly to be having a debate about how accidents or deaths maybe increasing without questioning why that maybe as part of society.  Have our roads suddenly become less safe? I doubt it TBH.  Are you likely to wait longer for an ambulance to arrive? almost certainly.  Are there less resources to give you the best care once you reach hospital? again that's almost certain.  Less traffic cops to enforce the truly bambot behaviour? Is the state of the economy encouraging more risk taking? Is car upkeep at the same standard?

If your not looking at the full picture then you can STFU with your recommendations. 

Environmentally reducing national speed limits will help.  Build up areas going to 20 tho? I'm not sold,  many of these areas discourage coasting which is one of the best thing you can do to improve efficiency. 

All very good points, I’m sure there was plans to have one road traffic polis on covering the full country as part of the cutbacks. No idea if they went ahead with it. 

If you can’t afford to put food on the table, heat your home etc then I’m sure you’ll try and eek another couple of months out of those bald tyres you’ve got on. 

Maybe if they’d dualled the A9 like they said they would accidents/deaths would be lower? 

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

having a debate about how accidents or deaths maybe increasing

It seems to be a bit of opportunistic cherry picking of data, though. It doesn't say how many years of records are included, but using an increase from the fourth lowest total on record as the basis for "we need to do something" is disingenuous in the extreme.

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I always worry about those that don’t give a f**k about someone else dying, as long as they can behave exactly as they want. 

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

I always worry about those that don’t give a f**k about someone else dying, as long as they can behave exactly as they want. 

Oh f**k off you sanctimonious twat

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Never asked to do whatever the f**k I want.  Again, what is acceptable risk?  Crossing the road comes with risk,  If there's no traffic I'll not use the pelican crossing cos I'm edgy like that.  If there's a high amount of traffic or its moving at high speed then I will cos then there's crossing the road without doing so becomes an unacceptable risk for me.  

people die, Its shit, but many many deaths are part of a calculated risk, lets not pretend differently. 

It’s amazing watching the usual suspects suggesting they couldn’t reach their destination 30 seconds later because they would rather kill a kid. 

Same folk that hate cyclists. And pedestrians.  And, in fact, anyone other than themselves