Scottish Infrastructure

jamamafegan

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

If it was Hollyrood Scotland only law they would need to be I'd have thought? I don't think it would be reasonable for someone to be done for crossing the border and the signs suddenly meaning different things.

Might be felt necessary practically - at huge expense no doubt - but suspect not legally? Ulster/Eire border just has reminder notices (also for mph v kmh)... on Isle of Man black slash means "no speed limit".

8 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Might be felt necessary practically - at huge expense no doubt - but suspect not legally? Ulster/Eire border just has reminder notices (also for mph v kmh)... on Isle of Man black slash means "no speed limit".

Crossing a national border for that tho.   I'd have thought ' what road signs mean' will be a reserved matter more than what any particular road limit would be.

15 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Crossing a national border for that tho.   I'd have thought ' what road signs mean' will be a reserved matter more than what any particular road limit would be.

apparently-not-jon-taffer.gif     the-vow.jpg?w=516&h=290

https://www.transport.gov.scot/our-approach/industry-guidance/traffic-signs-and-road-markings/

Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions Powers over traffic signs, interpretations and road markings were devolved to Scottish Ministers under the Scotland Act 2016.

The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) is a regulatory document which details every traffic sign and road marking prescribed for use in Scotland.

Powers over traffic signs were devolved to Scottish Ministers under the Scotland Act 2016. Prior to this the TSRGD was applied on a UK wide basis by the Department for Transport. The UK Statutory Instrument TSRGD 2016 remains current in Scotland, subject to Amendments. Following devolution of powers over traffic signs, secondary legislation has been introduced to enact Amendments to the TSRGD in Scotland. “The Traffic Signs Amendment (Scotland) Regulations and General Directions 2018” did not significantly deviate from regulations across the UK. “The Traffic Signs Amendment (Scotland) Regulations 2022” was broader in scope and included (but was not limited to) the introduction of signs for Low Emission Zone schemes.

image.png.52e901f717819849b524f54496f5b473.png
image.png.db2198c2b3c7357cb49380804bcee7e1.png

hmmmm-2-metres.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

apparently-not-jon-taffer.gif     the-vow.jpg?w=516&h=290

https://www.transport.gov.scot/our-approach/industry-guidance/traffic-signs-and-road-markings/

Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions Powers over traffic signs, interpretations and road markings were devolved to Scottish Ministers under the Scotland Act 2016.

The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) is a regulatory document which details every traffic sign and road marking prescribed for use in Scotland.

Powers over traffic signs were devolved to Scottish Ministers under the Scotland Act 2016. Prior to this the TSRGD was applied on a UK wide basis by the Department for Transport. The UK Statutory Instrument TSRGD 2016 remains current in Scotland, subject to Amendments. Following devolution of powers over traffic signs, secondary legislation has been introduced to enact Amendments to the TSRGD in Scotland. “The Traffic Signs Amendment (Scotland) Regulations and General Directions 2018” did not significantly deviate from regulations across the UK. “The Traffic Signs Amendment (Scotland) Regulations 2022” was broader in scope and included (but was not limited to) the introduction of signs for Low Emission Zone schemes.

Thank you for looking up what I could not be arsed too.

49 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If it was Hollyrood Scotland only law they would need to be I'd have thought? I don't think it would be reasonable for someone to be done for crossing the border and the signs suddenly meaning different things.

Modes!!!

4 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Just to play devils advocate here, how many govt targets are ever achieved?

Presumably at least 1 has historically! 😂

I do think there is a notable difference between failing to achieve a target and setting a completely achievable target to begin with, though.