St Mirren vs Celtic, 16/09/2020

Decent performance and with a bit of luck we could have got a point. Good to get the back 4 together and Foley back in midfield and the improvement was obvious.

Also good for Erwin to get off the mark so quickly.

Big games coming up against Dundee Utd and Killie.

11 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Celtic look pedestrian.

Clearly better than most teams in the league, but - on the evidence of matches I have seen - Rangers are a far more exciting team this season.

I know money doesnt guarantee everything in football, but for Lennon to have such a boring team with that wage bill is staggering.

Lennon plays to grind out results and does it in the Premier League.

Switched off a couple of times and it cost us. A point was there to be won tonight, frustrating that it was down to our own mistakes that we didn't take something. 

The amount of stupid fouls we gave away was ridiculous as well. 

Plenty of positives but we had a chance to take something from Celtic tonight and I can't help but feel we threw it away. 

Was a good game that. St Mirren gave it a proper go. A couple of slack moments cost them, but they were always in the game.

Wonder what Celtic fans make of the performance. This kind of performance very much becoming a trend under Lennon. Attacking set pieces has bailed them out more than once this season and it did so again tonight.

Just now, houston_bud said:

Switched off a couple of times and it cost us. A point was there to be won tonight, frustrating that it was down to our own mistakes that we didn't take something. 

The amount of stupid fouls we gave away was ridiculous as well. 

Plenty of positives but we had a chance to take something from Celtic tonight and I can't help but feel we threw it away. 

That is what I thought. We are too slack in passing and give the ball away easily

Decent performance there, far better than previous games against the Old Firm under Jim. McGrath was excellent apart from the daft penalty and Erhahon and Erwin did well. Zlamal was solid and deserves a lot of credit.

Morias can be erratic but we look a better team when he plays. McAllister’s still well off the pace, I’m amazed he came on before Durmus. Connolly looks raw but potentially a very dangerous player.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

This kind of performance very much becoming a trend under Lennon

Exact same as the last few months at Hibs - difference is at Celtic he has players to (generally) bail him out.

Wont work against better teams as evidenced in Champs League.

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Too many changes, don’t think Lennon knows his best line up yet. Need to get it sorted soon. Don’t think we’ve had 2 good games in a row yet.

I think that's fair. Also think that to some degree you're seeing the downside of practicing two completely different formations and regularly switching between them - it gives you an advantage when you can change it inside a match and confuse an opposition, but it also creates more confusion among your own players with regards to their responsibilities.

Like you say, it will need to be sorted soon. The EL Playoff draw is on Friday, that's going to be a massive match.