1 minute ago, andy25 said:

I seen something to that effect.

There was a letter from the managers of the Premiership clubs. Kilbirnie, Auchinleck and Pollok (?) didn't sign up to it. I'd be surprised if Auchinleck withdraw. The again, I never thought I'd see the day I'd be wearing a mask into a shop. (Or at least, when I'm paying for something). So nothing will surprise me now.

1 hour ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Find that hard to believe. I have heard SPFL clubs were sniffing around the Darvel squad and they were shitting it that some would move on and get paid elsewhere, hence the desperation to get back playing regardless of what the fans wanted

If the club are paying players with next to no income that’s not great business sense whether their is a main sponsor paying it or not.

zero revenue is not a great business model as the chap above me says. 

I wonder if clubs would be making the same decision if they were still Junior as they will now they are Senior with regards to withdrawal.

Hopefully the clamor to go racing out of the blocks in the new set up (or fear of being left behind) doesn't motivate any committees to gamble the future of their clubs.

Edited by Shanner

Would hope that clubs make the sensible decision whether to carry on this season, almost a non-season already, so clubs would be justified in trying to survive in readiness for 21/22 when things may be close to normality. All dependant on whether this season sees any promotions and relegations, as to clubs taking a (dangerous) gamble. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

zero revenue is not a great business model as the chap above me says. 

I wonder if clubs would be making the same decision if they were still Junior as they will now they are Senior with regards to withdrawal.

Hopefully the clamor to go racing out of the blocks in the new set up (or fear of being left behind) doesn't motivate any committees to gamble the future of their clubs.

With the leagues picking up in a year's time from where they are, what are clubs going to gain from playing through the next six months+ of chaos? Not only the weather to put games off but mini / maxi lockdowns, winter bugs wiping out teams as well as games being off due to covid positives - track n trace is glacial so unless a squad is cleared it's game off.

Edited by cmontheloknow

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

With the leagues picking up in a year's time from where they are, what are clubs going to gain from playing through the next six months+ of chaos? Not only the weather to put games off but mini / maxi lockdowns, winter bugs wiping out teams as well as games being off due to covid positives - track n trace is glacial so unless a squad is cleared it's game off.

All what ifs. I cant wait to come back to you in june when the eosfl season finishes