Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

33 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm sorry but club football is still a mile better than international football. 

Edit - The Caley have given me joy I'd never get supporting Scotland in a million years.

Going to a tournament with Scotland is excellent. Back in the day when Scotland regularly qualified, International football was better thought of.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If Christie is chosen over Armstrong I will be fucking livid.

I think he will. Clarke's interview the other day he said Armstrong was "more of an attacking midfield player" and that he was happy with Christie's performances playing off Dykes. If he can fit both of them in then great but think it'll be one or the other.

37 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Edit - The Caley have given me joy I'd never get supporting Scotland in a million years.

Pish, Scotland haven't done anything so you've got nothing to compare it to.

Club football is nonsense, its not important, it doesn't matter at all.  Its just a bunch of mercenaries who hadn't heard of your club six months ago who came there and pretend they care cause your club offered fifty quid a week more than anybody else, and who can't wait to move onto the next club who will offer fifty quid more than yours.

International football actually matters, club football really doesn't.  

14 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I really can't see us winning this, I think Serbia have too much quality to hurt us. Sincerely hope I'm wrong. 

They are better than us, by a bit of a margin. However, we also have a good few players playing at the highest level, so it I think we actually have a chance tonight. Compare that to the squad of 2012-2013 under Levein, for example. Holy f**k was that a brutal team compared to now. It's almost like night and day.

We're up against it, but if we can continue to do what we have been, frustrate the life out them, go in at the break level then I think they will panic. 

^^ this but "misery and despair" instead of "joy"
And I say this as someone who has a Scotland season ticket and goes to 2-3 away games a year
^^^ both proudly comment "I celebrate Caley/Falkirk getting a throw in more than I would if Scotland won the World Cup" on completely unrelated Twitter posts.

3 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Pish, Scotland haven't done anything so you've got nothing to compare it to.

Club football is nonsense, its not important, it doesn't matter at all.  Its just a bunch of mercenaries who hadn't heard of your club six months ago who came there and pretend they care cause your club offered fifty quid a week more than anybody else, and who can't wait to move onto the next club who will offer fifty quid more than yours.

International football actually matters, club football really doesn't.  

Ok, sport.

We should just use the Trump method of winning. Say the game was rigged and we are really the winners because we shouldn’t count goals that Serbia score illegally with their right foot. 
If we ever had a legitimate chance of claiming corruption or defeat by nefarious means, it was for the qualification for this tournament. Russia were defos at it.

3 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye totally, and you keep dreaming anybody who has ever played for Caley grew up dreaming of playing for them, or wouldn't drop them like a bad habit in one second flat for a 5% wage increase. 

No worries, junior.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

It's probably two of Armstrong, Christie and McGinn that plays.

The chances of Clarke abandoning the midfield due of Jack and McGregor must be very small.

Assuming he does start Jack and McGregor then it's one of Armstrong or Christie. There is absolutely no chance that McGinn is dropped. 

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

Assuming he does start Jack and McGregor then it's one of Armstrong or Christie. There is absolutely no chance that McGinn is dropped. 

I like Christie, but Armstrong is in far better form and has been playing against better players regularly for a few years now. Needs to start.

56 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I just find that a bit parochial and lacking in imagination, but then, I've been lucky enough to be among 20,000+ Scotland fans in Genoa, and partying with Brazilians in Paris and Norwegians in Bordeaux, and had my heart broken in Birmingham, St Etienne and Turin. I can see how supporting a relatively small team and seeing them win a national cup would be amazing, but apart from that, nothing comes close. 

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

I just find that a bit parochial and lacking in imagination, but then, I've been lucky enough to be among 20,000+ Scotland fans in Genoa, and partying with Brazilians in Paris and Norwegians in Bordeaux, and had my heart broken in Birmingham, St Etienne and Turin. I can see how supporting a relatively small team and seeing them win a national cup would be amazing, but apart from that, nothing comes close. 

Aye, these same people who come out with pish like this are the very same types who'd be getting saltires tattooed on their baws and spending a month hammered if we ever did anything.  There is nothing but nothing that comes anywhere near international football, not in sports in general, hardly even in life.  
The way it can unite and energise an entire country is unparalleled. For example, lets say Scotland qualified for WC 2014 and did really well, got to the semis or something, we'd have voted for independence that year and would be an independent country now. It has that big an effect.

15 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

That would be my thinking aye. Can't see past McGinn, Jack, McGregor for the midfield this evening.

I'd be very interested to see how Dykes and Armstrong work together.

I've got a meeting at 3pm that I'm dreading and should be preparing for, but all I can think about is this game. 

Marshall

O'Donnell McTominay Gallagher Tierney Robertson

(Jack/Armstrong) McGregor McGinn

(Christie/Armstrong) Dykes

Tough on McKenna and Considine, but Gallagher has been a rock and Tierney is in very good form in that exact position.

Ryan Fraser is a huge loss, and I think he might go with Christie in that role for his goalscoring ability.

Clarke is a big fan of O'Donnell and I don't think anyone has done enough to shift him from that position.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye, these same people who come out with pish like this are the very same types who'd be getting saltires tattooed on their baws and spending a month hammered if we ever did anything.  There is nothing but nothing that comes anywhere near international football, not in sports in general, hardly even in life.  
The way it can unite and energise an entire country is unparalleled. For example, lets say Scotland qualified for WC 2014 and did really well, got to the semis or something, we'd have voted for independence that year and would be an independent country now. It has that big an effect.

604A9FB6-6AEF-4F5F-81F7-571C319F69A4.gif

I mean I remember the games in 98 and 96, the whole country stops for a couple of hours.  Everybody is either at a TV screen or radio, nobody is interested in anything else. There's nothing else can do that, not an election, a war, a concert nothing.  The streets are deserted during the game its an incredible thing.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've been present when the Caley been promoted 4 times (3 as league winners), won lower league and national cups, beat a much fancied team on penalties to reach a final, take the piss out of Celtic in the cups about 100 times, see them play in Europe.

Scotland are a bridesmaid for me, and for a lot of people on here.