Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

24 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In other news a Junior Taskmaster has been announced. Rose Matafeo as the TM and Mike Wozniak as the assistant.

I'm in.

On last weeks episode, why frankie didn’t just leave it to Ivo when he seen the periodic table there baffled me.

Ivo is obviously very clever, well educated, his knowledge of that table would have had that solved in a quarter of the time it took them. The “co-pilot” look to camera was brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye I've decided that Jenny Eclair joins Judi Love and Iain Stirling in my bottom 3 contestants. Just can't take to her at all. 

Really enjoying the other 4 this year. Is Ivo on the spectrum or is it just his comedic style? 

On 18/05/2023 at 14:27, FairWeatherFan said:

In other news a Junior Taskmaster has been announced. Rose Matafeo as the TM and Mike Wozniak as the assistant.

I'd imagine a fair few people would enjoy being subservient to RM. Might not be suitable viewing in a JR Taskmaster setting.

I may be wrong, but i think that Frankie is the first contestant not to win an episode. 
Mae martin was a worthy winner, but looked like she may have thrown it away with Kiell starting to pick up the points quite rapidly. Good series overall and reiterates that, even if you are really clever like Ivo, doesn’t necessarily mean success. 

36 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I may be wrong, but i think that Frankie is the first contestant not to win an episode.

Not according to the Taskmaster Recap web page at Taskmaster / Recap - TV Tropes

0 episodes: Aisling Bea*, Nish Kumar*, Judi Love, Sara Pascoe*, Romesh Ranganathan*, Phil Wang, Joe Wilkinson*

(Obviously hasn't been updated with the latest episode yet. The asterisk means there were fewer than ten episodes in that particular series.)

Really enjoyed the series and Mae was definitely a worthy winner.

I think the S16 line-up is the first one where I haven't heard of most of the contestants.

ETA -- I've just checked the list of contestants by series and I'm havering pish. I've not heard of most of the contestants plenty of times.

Edited by MSU

9 hours ago, MSU said:

Really enjoyed the series and Mae was definitely a worthy winner.

I think the S16 line-up is the first one where I haven't heard of most of the contestants.

ETA -- I've just checked the list of contestants by series and I'm havering pish. I've not heard of most of the contestants plenty of times.

The ones I hadn’t heard of over the whole series. 

Doc, Lolly, Alice, Sian, Katy, Diasy, Mawaan, Bridget, Munya, Kiell, Mae.

New years
Mo farah, carol volderman,
Claudia, adrian chiles, johnny peacock.
John hannah, rylan and Krishnan guru murphy are the ones i had heard off. 

13 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Mae martin was a worthy winner, but looked like she may have thrown it away with Kiell starting to pick up the points quite rapidly. Good series overall and reiterates that, even if you are really clever like Ivo, doesn’t necessarily mean success. 

He was on the Taskmaster podcast a few weeks back and he basically said he didn't want to win an episode as it meant he'd have to go on stage and dance about with the prizes.  You can see in some of the live tasks that he doesn't really give a f**k :D 

Just finished the series now.  Excellent.  The chess task was fantastic and I burst out laughing at Alex explaining to Kiell what he could have done with the hose.

Sue Perkins I like.  I only know Julian Cleary and Lucy Beaumont out of the others.  Lucy annoys me quite a lot when I see her on shows so I'm hoping she's different in this!

• 3 months later...

There are teasers on YouTube of the contestants having to paint a portrait of Alex whilst answering some questions in the third person. I already like Sue and think she'll smash it, and Sam Campbell seems quite funny and erratic. I think Julian Cleary will be some laugh.

Wasn't a huge fan of the last series, this has started much better. 

I've seen some of that Sam Campbell on Instagram and I find him pretty funny. Clary could be good value, one of those comedians who is probably quite funny just being himself and playing the crabbit old b*****d role, which all the best taskmaster series needs

I've always thought Lucy Beaumont put on a bit of a performance and was just playing the ditsy weirdo.

Nope. That's just her. I imagine she's going to annoy me throughout.

However I loved that first episode.  The opening task with the reveal of the tower was wonderful. 

Sam seems to be quite clever and has the making of a possible champion. Not familiar with him or Susan but they seem alright. Julian Clary seems like his agent signed him up to this and it seemed like a good idea, but now he fully regrets it. Proper Frankie Boyle vibes off him already, which should make for a good laugh. The look on sams face on the team task, where you could see him thinking “you have put me with these two people and i have absolutely no idea who the hell they are” was funny.