The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

6 minutes ago, willis said:

I'd like to think the US authorities are able to competently deal with such a threat, but I'm more cynical than that. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you have any pets needing looking after when you're whisked off to heaven leaving the rest of us to burn? PM me, excellent rates offered.

I do have a cat, but he won't need looking after as I don't believe in the Rapture - it's a relatively new phenomenon, like the prosperity gospel. The proliferation of fake churches, and the corruption of Christian theology is also a sign of the End Times. 

One great thing about having faith, is that I have become fatalistic. I don't try to change the world. Aye, I try to make ethical choices - buy second hand clothes, fair trade goods, small carbon footprint, etc. However, at the same time I understand that it won;t make a blind bit of difference. 

I've enjoyed four decades of unparalleled prosperity, comfort, travel and information at our fingertips. But what's to come will come. Might as well enjoy the show...and the revolution, and many other astonishing events WILL be televised. :) 

There better be scenes and patter tonight after the complete let down of the debates.
Hopefully be a good selection of talking heads on bbc etc. The meltdown John Bolton had on TV in 2008 when a black democrat had the temerity to win was something to behold.

The gun toting, basement dwelling virgins won't be out until after their mum cooks their breakfast so I wouldn't expect any concrete warfare until tomorrow lunch time in the event Biden wins.

Just now, G-MAN said:

First exit poll in 15 minutes.

Will that be at all helpful, though? If people aren't honest with the pollsters before, then why would they be after exiting the polling station? 

The mindset of some will be "let's build up Democrat/Republican hopes, so that I can drink salty libtard/fascist tears." Others might be in earshot of neighbours or friends, and be reticent to disclose their politics. Some might simply believe that their vote is a private affair. So I would think it'd be similar to the usual polls, although I suppose it whittles out those who haven't bothered to vote.

Just now, G-MAN said:

Exit Poll isn’t the sort of Exit Poll I was expecting emoji23.png.

Let down.

I know, UK exit polls are pretty good, the last few have been very close. US ones seem to be a different beast, more trying to find out why people voted the way they did.

1 minute ago, G-MAN said:

Exit Poll isn’t the sort of Exit Poll I was expecting emoji23.png.

Let down.

I assume the exit polls will be from people voting today rather than the 100 million who have already voted.

If so they will be skewed towards Trump.

I assume the exit polls will be from people voting today rather than the 100 million who have already voted.
If so they will be skewed towards Trump.

Aye, the exit polls on CNN were just questions they asked voters, rather than how they voted.

4 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Aye, the exit polls on CNN were just questions they asked voters, rather than how they voted.

Aye I watched it, the economy being number one priority and the slight difference in views on handling of Covid makes me think it doesn’t take account of those who voted prior to today.