The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

The Republicans have accomplished what they wanted from a Trump term. They can live with Biden for four years and they won't have to babysit Trump for another term. That should be off to stave off a challenge unless it's neck and neck. I don't think the world or anyone in it can take the psychic damage of another four years of Trump either. There's a power of patter in a Biden presidency whether it's him sundowning, his son laying pipe and smoking crack, or any multitude of progressive causes and outlets rowing back their rhetoric and being edged out of the discourse.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Seeing Trump live at the moment I think the White House doctor's messed up his roid/amphetimines/valium/virgin's blood balance.

Cutting off his adrenochrome supply, surest sign yet he's being jettisoned by the Establishment.

24 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There are various stages it would need to go through before getting there.

The presumption that Trump's woman is there for him I think is erroneous - she is there for the much wider Conservative agenda like abortion rights.

I agree but Trump will find it hard to understand this.  He thinks appointees are there to serve him rather than the Constitution.  I don’t think his experiences with Comey or Sessions has helped his understanding much.

1 minute ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Trump to go out like Stan Chera imo.

Looks like Biden is going to wind up with a decent mandate, just a shame he will do nothing with it. Can't help but feel the outcome of the last 4 years is going to be 2 steps rightwards one step left - Biden won't even undo the damage Trump has done, never mind actually make things better. 

Democrats win both houses and you might be surprised.  

9 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Last time out, one of the US news organisations had a live predictor that was about 90% in favour of Trump right from the polls closing - anyone remember which one that was, and if they're doing a similar thing tonight?

So very glad I'm not working tomorrow. No doubt it'll be a huge anticlimax, but this could be the best political entertainment since 1997.

A very poor and outdated benchmark for political entertainment.

salmond-parliment_3382095b.jpg

14 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The Republicans have accomplished what they wanted from a Trump term. They can live with Biden for four years and they won't have to babysit Trump for another term. That should be off to stave off a challenge unless it's neck and neck. I don't think the world or anyone in it can take the psychic damage of another four years of Trump either. There's a power of patter in a Biden presidency whether it's him sundowning, his son laying pipe and smoking crack, or any multitude of progressive causes and outlets rowing back their rhetoric and being edged out of the discourse.

Can't see Biden lasting more than a couple of years before he's shuffled off to a retirement home. It depends on whether Harris only did what were necessary compromises for political backing as AG in California, and has a progressive agenda, or if she's more GOP lite.

Edited by welshbairn

Just the latest violation of the Hatch Act.  Some might think it petty but it’s an important constraint that, up until this election, has barely been breached.  Hopefully all those involved are prosecuted and punished.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/2020-election-hatch-act-dhs-ken-cuccinelli-mark-morgan-b1560745.html

Trump administration officials with the Department of Homeland Security have been accused of violating federal law by appearing to campaign for President Donald Trump while on the job on the eve of the presidential election. 

Under the Hatch Actof 1939, federal executive branch employees are generally forbidden from engaging in partisan political activities while acting in a professional capacity. 

The Act was introduced in large part to help ensure that federal service is not impacted by political pressure or loyalty to a particular party or candidate. 

On Monday, however, DHSActing Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli and US Customs and Border Protection ActingCommissioner Mark Morganwere accused of violating the Act after they held a press conference in Tucson, Arizona, a key battleground state, and repeatedly championed Trump while criticising his detractors. 

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just the latest violation of the Hatch Act.  Some might think it petty but it’s an important constraint that, up until this election, has barely been breached.  Hopefully all those involved are prosecuted and punished.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/2020-election-hatch-act-dhs-ken-cuccinelli-mark-morgan-b1560745.html

Trump administration officials with the Department of Homeland Security have been accused of violating federal law by appearing to campaign for President Donald Trump while on the job on the eve of the presidential election. 

Under the Hatch Actof 1939, federal executive branch employees are generally forbidden from engaging in partisan political activities while acting in a professional capacity. 

The Act was introduced in large part to help ensure that federal service is not impacted by political pressure or loyalty to a particular party or candidate. 

On Monday, however, DHSActing Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli and US Customs and Border Protection ActingCommissioner Mark Morganwere accused of violating the Act after they held a press conference in Tucson, Arizona, a key battleground state, and repeatedly championed Trump while criticising his detractors. 

Liz Warren has been keeping detailed records of all Hatch Act (and various other) breaches up to now, so if there’s an appetite to go after them, there’s a prosecution case all ready to go. 

42 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Get rid of the friends from the Trump "side of the fence".

I do constantly ask what they see in him...answers are not always straightforward.

One (a female Rep.) said that Americans would never trust a woman hence they would not vote Biden due to Harris being his sidekick and a potential backdoor President due to Biden's age/health.  She said this was part of the reason Trump beat Hillary.  She added that she might even struggle to vote for Ivanka should she ever run 🤔

I pointed out that yes, Hilary was not liked by many, however she got almost 3 million more votes than Trump but just not in the right places.

I added that Hilary got almost as many votes as Obama got to win his second term.

I noted that Pelosi was also female and hardly a political minion.

I suggested it was perhaps a case that rather than Americans not trusting women it was her/Republicans that did not trust women.

I then pulled the pin of the grenade by adding that if she thought that way now what was she going to think when AOC wins the big job further down the line.

I think it was at that point her computer melted 😂

On Monday, however, DHSActing Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli and US Customs and Border Protection ActingCommissioner Mark Morganwere accused of violating the Act after they 

, a key battleground state, and repeatedly championed Trump while criticising his detractors. 
The rule is a workplace guideline, and violating it is not a crime.

Responses can vary significantly after employees violate the rule, from a slap on the wrist to loss of a job.

36 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Trump would be ahead in the polls if he'd taken more advice from his fans. You bunch of soccer-loving, lesbo witches.

Donald Trump played fitba in college and has been reported to have seriously thought about buying Rangers at one point. Worth bearing in mind he is half-Scottish given his mother was from Lewis, so there is a good chance he has Rangers supporting relatives. His son Barron speaks fluent Slovene for obvious reasons, supports Arsenal and plays for a DC United academy team. Trump and his family have very little in common culturally with the Alex Jones listeners who tend to vote for him.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Donald Trump played fitba in college and has been reported to have seriously thought about buying Rangers at one point. Worth bearing in mind he is half-Scottish given his mother was from Lewis, so there is a good chance he has Rangers supporting relatives there. His son Barron speaks fluent Slovene for obvious reasons, supports Arsenal and plays for a DC United academy team. Trump and his family have very little in common culturally with the Alex Jones listeners who tend to vote for him.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that Scottish football needs this to happen.

1 minute ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

If he's got a spare quid lying around he should be able to buy Rangers.

Ah. Bugger.

Maybe he could offset it against season ticket sales.