The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

8 hours ago, Aladdin said:

This. I'm pretty reliant on 538 and they have repeatedly said that there isn't much of a shy Trump voter phenomenon. Trump voters are pretty happy to loudly declare who they support.

The issue in 2016 was the white non college educated voters who weren't spoken to by pollsters and weren't weighted appropriately as supporting Trump.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2020/10/29/2020-polls-trump-biden-prediction-accurate-2016-433619?__twitter_impression=true

6 minutes ago, willis said:

The shy Dems vote is small as there is comparatively little social cost. Might be a sizeable unenthusiastic Dems vote that is hidden. Shy Reps vote also comes from plummeting trust in pollsters. Also information security concerns.

Willis ffs, who you talking about? Your neighbours? Do you even talk to them? Do you think they're scared of telling you how they vote? Come on Willis..get real.

56 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Mind Swampy had that alias where he pretended to be some American pizza delivery guy in New Jersey who had innocently stumbled upon the politics sub forum of a Scottish football website.

Scottish football, Peruvian volleyball, Icelandic ice hockey.  Does he ever get round to delivering any pizzas?  I ordered a double pepperoni with anchovies.  That was two weeks ago.  I am still waiting.

8 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Scottish football, Peruvian volleyball, Icelandic ice hockey.  Does he ever get round to delivering any pizzas?  I ordered a double pepperoni with anchovies.  That was two weeks ago.  I am still waiting.

Anchovies? Probably in the bin where it should be

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Mind Swampy had that alias where he pretended to be some American pizza delivery guy in New Jersey who had innocently stumbled upon the politics sub forum of a Scottish football website.

That was after he was a Scottish SNP voting activist from Greenock, but before he was an American golf fan from the Deep South.

Edit: he always tends to come back and disappear at the same time as that Banana troll who started the Trump thread.  It’s mightily coincidental.

Edited by Savage Henry

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Trafalgar Group aren't pollsters, they're Republican activists. Everything in the piece is "they would say that, wouldn't they". Anyone who's looked at a poll by decent UK pollsters will know it runs to pages with full break down in unweighted, weighted and percentages for all the different demographics. Below is the entirety of what Trafalgar just published for their last North Carolina poll. Also, any pollster who gives numbers to decimal points probably shouldn't be taken seriously. 

Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 22.26.55.png

Trafalgar Group aren't pollsters, they're Republican activists. Everything in the piece is "they would say that, wouldn't they". Anyone who's looked at a poll by decent UK pollsters will know it runs to pages with full break down in unweighted, weighted and percentages for all the different demographics. Below is the entirety of what Trafalgar just published for their last North Carolina poll. Also, any pollster who gives numbers to decimal points probably shouldn't be taken seriously. 
812021287_Screenshot2020-11-02at22_26_55.thumb.png.b4e4bbd1458266ce52bfea95f460ba35.png
Rasmussen aren't much better.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

That was after he was a Scottish SNP voting activist from Greenock, but before he was an American golf fan from the Deep South.

Edit: he always tends to come back and disappear at the same time as that Banana troll who started the Trump thread.  It’s mightily coincidental.

Swampy was clearly a distinct poster from Banana. Swampy was also far cleverer than Banana. He was an oddball that was driven insane by something. The Nick Land of P&B.

Edited by NotThePars

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
23 minutes ago, GordonS said:
812021287_Screenshot2020-11-02at22_26_55.thumb.png.b4e4bbd1458266ce52bfea95f460ba35.png

Rasmussen aren't much better.

You can't even see their tables unless you sign up for their premium membership.

My favourite is Insider Advantage - or, to give them their full name, Insider Advantage/Center For American Greatness 🤔

Here's the full published tables for their most recent poll for North Carolina, showing 22.2% of registered Democrats saying they're voting for Trump. Ok.

Incidentally , some aggregators like Real Clear Politics include all of these "pollsters" in their averages. This is why they have Biden ahead by 2.9 in Pennsylvania while 538 have Biden 4.8 ahead.

Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 22.51.24.png

2 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

I'm looking forward to this. I have Wednesday booked off work, so that I can witness the aftermath; though I am now being told the result might not be known for days.

What do you think about the prospect of a Catholic winning? Ecumenical? At least it's not a pussy grabbing hoor or a muslim? 

You can't even see their tables unless you sign up for their premium membership.
My favourite is Insider Advantage - or, to give them their full name, Insider Advantage/Center For American Greatness [emoji848]
Here's the full published tables for their most recent poll for North Carolina, showing 22.2% of registered Democrats saying they're voting for Trump. Ok.
Incidentally , some aggregators like Real Clear Politics include all of these "pollsters" in their averages. This is why they have Biden ahead by 2.9 in Pennsylvania while 538 have Biden 4.8 ahead.
507762959_Screenshot2020-11-02at22_51_24.thumb.png.4838f6c912df06c7e01bff2842617400.png
Even Real Clear Politics are predicting a big Biden win.