Arbroath v Queens

That was an enjoyable first half. Stuck in a hotel room in Singapore so nothing better to do.

Commentary is great, especially after my mention live. Seriously though it is good.

Camera is not great. 

Very happy we are leading, I think Arbroath might have another gear.

Think we're worth our lead here. East could have had us ahead if he got the shot away and Shields somehow missed from about 2 yards out. Arbroath have had a shot well saved but haven't offered anything else. More importantly they have only had 3 corners and done nothing with them. Long may that continue.

The stream is ok. That is far better than the Airdrie pixellot game. My only issue is the sound not matching. The ref blew for HT a good 15 seconds before we saw it. Similarly the goal was heard before we saw it. I'll have to mute the second half sadly for that reason. Though I couldn't care if wee Jimmy is watching in Belgium so I won't be missing much...

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Let's keep it going for the next 45 minutes,  no sitting back trying to defend a one goal lead. 

Ha Ha if we sit back and try and defend the lead it'll be 4-1 to Arbroath. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

Does anyone else picture especially the grass look quite fuzzy?

Very. Particularly when the camera moves. It's surprising because one of the things others have said about pixellot is that the quality of the video is really good.

The tracking hasn't been awful so far but it's not great.

Not had any issues with sound, seems to be in syncing for me

Very. Particularly when the camera moves. It's surprising because one of the things others have said about pixellot is that the quality of the video is really good.

The tracking hasn't been awful so far but it's not great.

Not had any issues with sound, seems to be in syncing for me
The sound is very strange. It's synced and it isn't. I thought I was hearing random whistles all game because when the ref blows I see and hear it. But I still hear one a few second before. I heard a quiet goal cheer and knew we were about to score but even when we scored there was still a cheer but louder. It's quite strange.

Get Pixelott in the bin until it’s advanced enough to decipher a ball from somebody’s bald napper. Feel sorry for the guys commentating, having to get your coaching staff to wear hats is embarrassing. The coverage is significantly poorer than ours, Dunfermline and Ayr’s.

The game itself has been scrappy, fairly frenetic, with both sides clearly struggling for confidence. We’ve done alright though. Arbroath will be disappointed, but that was a really good goal from our point of view. Terrific pass from Buchanan and quality control and finish from Maxwell. Leighfield in goals does make me nervous though, he flapped at one in the first half and could easily have went in. Important to try and keep control of the ball second half, we’ll crumble defensively if under any sort of pressure.

The sound is very strange. It's synced and it isn't. I thought I was hearing random whistles all game because when the ref blows I see and hear it. But I still hear one a few second before. I heard a quiet goal cheer and knew we were about to score but even when we scored there was still a cheer but louder. It's quite strange.
The sound from the pitch will be coming from a different source to the commentary, which might explain that. Maybe I just haven't been oaying enough attention!

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think we're worth our lead here. East could have had us ahead if he got the shot away and Shields somehow missed from about 2 yards out. Arbroath have had a shot well saved but haven't offered anything else. More importantly they have only had 3 corners and done nothing with them. Long may that continue.

The stream is ok. That is far better than the Airdrie pixellot game. My only issue is the sound not matching. The ref blew for HT a good 15 seconds before we saw it. Similarly the goal was heard before we saw it. I'll have to mute the second half sadly for that reason. Though I couldn't care if wee Jimmy is watching in Belgium so I won't be missing much...

The commentary is from a screen feed they are watching but they are inside the ground clearly so you are hearing real time whistles before they see the action on screen. HT whistle was heard in the background about 30 secs before seen on screen and so were the goal cheers from the bench.

Just now, JK_Queens said:

Get Pixelott in the bin until it’s advanced enough to decipher a ball from somebody’s bald napper. Feel sorry for the guys commentating, having to get your coaching staff to wear hats is embarrassing. The coverage is significantly poorer than ours, Dunfermline and Ayr’s.

The game itself has been scrappy, fairly frenetic, with both sides clearly struggling for confidence. We’ve done alright though. Arbroath will be disappointed, but that was a really good goal from our point of view. Terrific pass from Buchanan and quality control and finish from Maxwell. Leighfield in goals does make me nervous though, he flapped at one in the first half and could easily have went in. Important to try and keep control of the ball second half, we’ll crumble defensively if under any sort of pressure.

I think we need to appreciate here that a club like Arbroath (no disrespect, not a much smaller club than us,) would never normally be streaming games. As I said before the pixellot coverage should really be £5 max. The commentators are doing a good job and deserve better!

As an expat I'm still enjoying the novelty of the whole thing and I hope QOSTV continues live but the future of football at this level is definitely in the stadium and not online / on tv.