What will you do IF we win

V.Aye.R

Since we last qualified I've finished high school, lost my virginity, been to college and uni, had 2 kids, engaged to be married, had the snip, lived through a pandemic, worked numerous jobs, seen Dumbarton lift a league title, get to a national Cup final, play Hearts, Hibs, Dundee utd and Rangers in league duty, seen Scotland beat France home and away and still not qualify, seen the twin towers collapse, voted in a Scottish Independence referendum, leave the EU, Trump as Prez, and own a house.
Fucking hell lads, just fucking qualify.
That made me laugh a bit, then left me really depressed.

Whatever happens, I intend to be as stoned as a Saudi adultress and all sugared up on Bundaberg ginger beer, so will doubtless behave with the dignity and gravitas concomitant to such a situation. 

Edited by Bad Wolf

I've got a 21yo daughter who didn't exist the last time we qualified. The amount of qualifications we had when I was growing up meant that this length of time with nothing was unthinkable when I was in my early 20's. Please just do it!

No idea what I’ll feel like. Can’t really do anything to celebrate given I’m on the brink of Tier 4 where I live. I was 5 the last time we played in a major tournament so I have no idea what the feeling is like. The last time we were a win away from qualifying was in 2007 and that feels like a lifetime ago. Can vaguely remember watching it in my uncle’s house. They had a party booked in a function hall that evening and were all dressed up in their Scotland gear for a celebration. Oopsie.

The pessimist Scotland fan in me, not that there is a positive one tbf, thinks we’ll get comfortably brushed aside a la Netherlands in 2003, but perhaps not by quite the same margin.

Since we last qualified I've finished high school, lost my virginity, been to college and uni, had 2 kids, engaged to be married, had the snip, lived through a pandemic, worked numerous jobs, seen Dumbarton lift a league title, get to a national Cup final, play Hearts, Hibs, Dundee utd and Rangers in league duty, seen Scotland beat France home and away and still not qualify, seen the twin towers collapse, voted in a Scottish Independence referendum, leave the EU, Trump as Prez, and own a house.
CHOOSE LIFE

I've said this before and realise how stupid it sounds, but I'll be a bit sad if we do manage to qualify this time. I've waited my entire life to see us qualify for anything, going to so many games that have all ended up being for nothing, but the one time we do do it, I'll be stuck in my living room with no real means of celebrating. Every Scotland game in my lifetime will have been building up to a game that no fans will be able to see, and, again - if we do it, it'll be really anticlimactic.

I know this was a bit OTT in the grand scheme of things, but it still makes me a bit sad.

November 2003, was on an overnight flight from Singapore to Auckland. Got through Immigration / customs etc. dashed, full of anticipation,  to an Internet-Terminal to then find out that Holland had pumped us 6-0.

17th November 2007, once again an overnight flight, this time Paris to Shanghai. Was in the lounge in CDG Airport, all the French newspapers with headlines along the lines of "Mon Italy!". Arrived into Shanghai, phone switched on to receive a pile of texts giving me the score, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck.

This coming Thursday will be watching on DAZN in my flat in Germany. If we win then the neighbours will likely be phoning the police thinking there's a mad man about. Win or lose there's a good chance that Friday will be a sickie.

I've said this before and realise how stupid it sounds, but I'll be a bit sad if we do manage to qualify this time. I've waited my entire life to see us qualify for anything, going to so many games that have all ended up being for nothing, but the one time we do do it, I'll be stuck in my living room with no real means of celebrating. Every Scotland game in my lifetime will have been building up to a game that no fans will be able to see, and, again - if we do it, it'll be really anticlimactic.

I know this was a bit OTT in the grand scheme of things, but it still makes me a bit sad.

It will be like how most OF “fans” celebrate when they win something.

The biggest game in approx 18 years and we'll be watching it on the tele, total buzz kill.

Key game for so many reasons. If we do finally make it i think other tournaments will follow (similar to Wales, N Ireland and Rep Oierland)

Edited by red23

The biggest game in approx 18 years and we'll be watching it on the tele, total buzz kill.
Key game for so many reasons. If we do finally make it i think other tournaments will follow (similar to Wales, N Ireland and Rep Oierland)

Most of us would have been watching in on the TV anyway, I doubt our allocation would have been very big.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Most of us would have been watching in on the TV anyway, I doubt our allocation would have been very big.

guess i should have said the tele in the hoose haha going out to the pub for it would have been great.

On 08/11/2020 at 11:30, the snudge said:

I can reset my life. 

Feel happy but stunned a little.

After all this time, the Costa rica game, gazza goal at Wembley, England playoff, Holland, Italy I've switched off my emotions for Scotland tbh to save the pain.

Best footballing news for years
Yep, I'm burst. Sitting here (like Charlie Nic) shellshocked

Honestly I'm fucking spent. So many years and so much misery from watching Scotland.  Thought I was done with it but SSC has drawn me back in. Tonight though that equaliser was a massive kick in the baws and to win it from there was immense.

I'm also well on my way to being pished.

Honestly I'm fucking spent. So many years and so much misery from watching Scotland.  Thought I was done with it but SSC has drawn me back in. Tonight though that equaliser was a massive kick in the baws and to win it from there was immense.
I'm also well on my way to being pished.
Very few teams in a final pick themselves up off the canvas after a monumental haymaker like that Serb goal. A real credit to hang on for the pens especially given the 11 on the park by then. All credit to every one of them it was a massive team effort.