Another player Scotland has mist who has been capped with another country thread

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Because they called him up. It means nothing until he gets a full cap. Karamoko Dembele has played for our U15s, our U17s and England's U16s and U17s. He'll probably pick England but until he actually gets a full cap it means nothing (even then I think you can still change?). And if Scott Banks has simply taken the huff with Scot Gemmill for ignoring him then I'd like to think a chat with Steve Clarke somewhere down the line might get him back on side. 

Man open your eyes, it means Wales have found out he's eligible, asked him does he want to play for them, he's said yes.  That's why you apply for the registration to be changed.  You don't do that without have spoken to him and getting the nod.  And you wouldn't agree to play for Wales u21s if you had any intention of playing for Scotland why would you?

He's gone already, I looked at his twitter, not one mention of Scotland.  You'd think after we qualified for the first tournament in a quarter of a century a Scottish professional footballer might have mentioned it, nope nothing.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Man open your eyes, it means Wales have found out he's eligible, asked him does he want to play for them, he's said yes.  That's why you apply for the registration to be changed.  You don't do that without have spoken to him and getting the nod.  And you wouldn't agree to play for Wales u21s if you had any intention of playing for Scotland why would you?

He's gone already, I looked at his twitter, not one mention of Scotland.  You'd think after we qualified for the first tournament in a quarter of a century a Scottish professional footballer might have mentioned it, nope nothing.

My eyes are open, you really don't need to make every post so condescending, people see things differently.

As I've said, maybe he did have intentions of playing for Scotland and Gemmill has either ignored him or told him he won't be picked. He might have decided to give Wales a try out, maybe because he actually fancies playing for them or maybe as a GIUY to the SFA. He wouldn't be the first Scot to go down that route, as you well know with yer pal Harry. But the fact remains that he isn't tied to Wales until he gets a full cap. We don't know what's gone on, so I prefer to hold back on the "f**k sake it's shite being Scottish" stuff until we know.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My eyes are open, you really don't need to make every post so condescending, people see things differently.

As I've said, maybe he did have intentions of playing for Scotland and Gemmill has either ignored him or told him he won't be picked. He might have decided to give Wales a try out, maybe because he actually fancies playing for them or maybe as a GIUY to the SFA. He wouldn't be the first Scot to go down that route, as you well know with yer pal Harry. But the fact remains that he isn't tied to Wales until he gets a full cap. We don't know what's gone on, so I prefer to hold back on the "f**k sake it's shite being Scottish" stuff until we know.

We do know, he's gone.  

Steve Clarke should speak to him, and we should mount a campaign to persuade him.

I think Wales have had a run of trying to poach Scots over the past year tbh.

There's a young CM at Wolves born in Aberdeen who's playing for the U21s aswell now.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I think Wales have had a run of trying to poach Scots over the past year tbh.

There's a young CM at Wolves born in Aberdeen who's playing for the U21s aswell now.

Aye Terry Taylor, very highly rated.

So so frustrating. All your life you so want Scotland to do well, and the reason we don't is we don't produce enough good players.  Simple as that. Then when we do produce a good player and lose him to another country its so frustrating.  

Who the f**k is in charge of the SFA, you should be constantly in touch with these guys on the phone to them every week asking how they're getting on, going to watch them every few weeks.  How can you lose people like this and Souttar and allow Boyle and Arfield to go and McCarthy and McGeady before.  It just makes you feel like giving up.

And seriously if you can bear the pain go and watch Banks on youtube, f**k me he's good like.  Amazingly talented player, will obviously be a top top player, similar too but way better than Ryan Christie for comparison.

I don't understand how a kid could grow up in Scotland and turn us down for Wales or Australia or whatever anyway, but people are different I suppose.  I would turn down Brazil for Scotland but not everyone is the same. 

The cheek of it though I mean we gave birth to that wee p***k, everything he learned Scotland gave him, went to a bloody SFA performance school, and first chance he gets fucks off his country for someone else.  Doesn't reflect very well on a person imo but that's the way it goes, its the SFA's job to look after and secure these kids and make them feel wanted.

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't understand how a kid could grow up in Scotland and turn us down for Wales or Australia or whatever anyway, but people are different I suppose.  I would turn down Brazil for Scotland but not everyone is the same. 

All these world beating young Scots players you've been telling us about you can't blame them for looking elsewhere. 

Feels like there could be some scope for protection of players who go through a nation's performance schools.
I know PSs are not a uniform thing across all countries, but similar to the Bosman u23 compensation rule, maybe a player nurtured in one country's PS (or whatever their equivalent elite youth system is) should be tied to that country unless the poaching nation pays compensation. Or even just tied to that country until they are, say, 22 - only if they haven't been capped by their home nation by that stage do they become fair game to be poached.

Dunno, random thought while on the shitter.

11 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Feels like there could be some scope for protection of players who go through a nation's performance schools.
I know PSs are not a uniform thing across all countries, but similar to the Bosman u23 compensation rule, maybe a player nurtured in one country's PS (or whatever their equivalent elite youth system is) should be tied to that country unless the poaching nation pays compensation. Or even just tied to that country until they are, say, 22 - only if they haven't been capped by their home nation by that stage do they become fair game to be poached.

Dunno, random thought while on the shitter.

Aye its fuckin terrible on his part like.  Maybe he doesn't even make it if they don't do that for him.  Doesn't reflect well on a person either imo.

I mean, Banks has been a star for years, yet only has two U21 caps and is being left out of squads so the likes of Glenn Middleton, Jordan Holsgrove and Lewis Moore can play.

Wales have probably told him he'll be capped in the next 12 months and get the chance to be tutored by Bale.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, Banks has been a star for years, yet only has two U21 caps and is being left out of squads so the likes of Glenn Middleton, Jordan Holsgrove and Lewis Moore can play.

Wales have probably told him he'll be capped in the next 12 months and get the chance to be tutored by Bale.

I don't think he has any u21 caps, but he played 19s and would be moving up to the 21s right now.  Clarke should pay him a visit butter him up.