Smokies v Bridies

Stellaboz

59 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

First stream I’ve watched, where the commentary team won’t even look at a team sheet/make a note of shirt numbers to call the away players by their names! Was bad enough that they kept going on about how Arbroath were ‘much better’ because they’d had a shot and done absolutely nothing else of note. Then the guy started talking about Dunfermline ‘starting to get back into this’ when we were already 1-0 up, particularly when we’d had chances for Thomas and Turner before we scored and Arbroath had only one shot all half.

One commentator has been totally fine, but not sure the other guy’s a good fit for the role of commentating on a stream, where many users will be away fans.

Take the stick out your arse.

Harsh on Arbroath to lose 3-1 we were well on top the second half good goal from Hilson and then we looked the more likely to score the next goal penalty decision was a joke the ball hits Littles hand and to give a yellow is a complete nonsense.Great to see Whatley back .Last 4 games at home we have been the better team for most of the 90 minutes but we just dont have enough threat in front of goal which has been a big problem now for 2 seasons

Overall, think we deserved the win but 3-1 maybe flattered us a bit. Arbroath played well in parts and looked more likely to be the next team to score at 2-1, until we got a bit of fortune for the penalty. Their half time changes were very effective and they caused our defence a lot of problems second half.

The stream was probably the best I’ve seen this season - and that includes ours. Credit to Arbroath for that. Really like the post match interviews being included as well, think that’s a good touch.

Enjoyed the game today. 10/10 to Arbroath for the video quality and the commentary. Alan the fairmer was top banter. Good solid performance all round. If Arbroath play like that all season they should have no bother in staying up. A good draw tomorrow and we could be on our way to Hampden. Good times.

Arbroath played well, but  Dunfermline played better and deserved their win.

A good all round performance from Arbroath, but credit to  Dunfermline and hope they do well in the next round.

Match coverage was much improved and only a matter of time before Arbroath get back to their winning ways - hopefully stating next week against Dundee.

If folk think that wasn't a penalty or think it was in any way harsh then I would ask them why they don't know the rules of football. It was 100% a penalty and there's zero debate about that.

Enjoyable game. We looked dangerous on the break second half and wasted quite a few opportunities. Arbroath looked threatening quite a bit in the second half and played pretty well.

Good stream and I enjoyed the commentary. I know some folk think commentary should be neutral, but I think for home streams there's absolutely nothing wrong with partisan commentators. In all for it.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

One commentator has been totally fine, but not sure the other guy’s a good fit for the role of commentating on a stream, where many users will be away fans.

I want home streams to be passionate home fans,  prefer that to bland commentators pretending they give a shit about either team or pretending to be unbiased. 
Thought the commentary was a good laugh. "Went doon lik a coo gaun doon fur the nicht" 

Also, genuinely thought they gave us the praise we deserved. Boy was buzzin off Turner and the other giving plaudits constantly to Dow. 

I want home streams to be passionate home fans,  prefer that to bland commentators pretending they give a shit about either team or pretending to be unbiased. 
Thought the commentary was a good laugh. "Went doon lik a coo gaun doon fur the nicht" 

Also, genuinely thought they gave us the praise we deserved. Boy was buzzin off Turner and the other giving plaudits constantly to Dow. 

To be fair, I didn’t think it was bad second half. They did give us praise when we deserved it and (understandably) got excited at 2-1. It did make it more interesting and I laughed at a lot of their comments. We all get carried away watching our own team.

I guess everyone’s different with what they’re looking for with the commentary on these streams. You’re never going to please everyone. I wouldn’t be good commentating on a Pars game, as I’d be too biased. I still think just noting away player names/numbers would help though. Main thing for me is that I was able to watch the game with no interruptions and the picture quality/camera work was the best I’ve seen so far. For that reason, I’d say it was definitely the best streaming experience I’ve had so far this season.

If Arbroath play like that all season they should have no bother in staying up.

Problem is we have played like that most of our games this season and have only picked up 2 points and if we dont start putting the ball in the net we will not stay up .

It’s similar to Alloa in a way. You can press and get in the faces of the opposition, but if you are naive enough to gift teams like us chances, you aren’t going to get far.

Alloa are a team that play good football, but do very little in the final third and are similar to Arbroath in that they look susceptible to quick counter attacks. This is why Alloa and Arbroath will be fighting relegation. It’s why we fought off relegation a couple times in the past 4 seasons. We would also have decent players and do decent things in games but would be so turd on the counter or whenever we were under slight pressure we would totally collapse.

Good luck to Arbroath but they will need to improve on a lot of things.

FERMERS BEST LINE [emoji441]

After TASC Chairman Allen “The Fermer” Innes’s unforgettable debut on the mic yesterday we are having a vote to see what your favourite Fermer quote was from the 90 minutes. We have picked 4 to choose from. To vote reply on this post. Voting will close tonight (29th November) at 8pm with the winning line announced tomorrow morning

Your options

A - “He went doon like a coo for the nicht”

B - “I thought Maradona was deed”

C - “He looks like he has pulled the best looking broad at the disco”

D - “There’s a lot that can be done in 3 minutes”

Vote away !!!!!!