Brannigan Crisps RIP

Ludo*1

I never bought them in a pub but would always look out for them in best one or other smaller family run shops like that. There would also be 6 packs of them in b and m honestores but they were of lesser quality. They were by some distance my favourite crisps, a real tragedy when you consider how bland the selection is in the supermarkets.

I’ve not seen them in shops for years but my mum used to buy the multi packs when I was younger, probably 15 years ago now tbh. Think they came in packs of 36 with three different flavours but the only one I can remember is the beef and mustard.

Sat one night with two of my friends not long after we had discovered hash, about 15 years old at the time and we had made a bong out of an old Pringles tube with a pen stabbed through it. Remember sneaking down and grabbing the Brannigans multipack about 10 minutes after my mum had came back from the supermarket and ate the lot between the 3 of us. The pain in the roof of my mouth and on my tongue after eating them only healed up about 6 weeks ago (slight exaggeration). My mum went off her nut when she seen the empty packets calling us all the greedy b*****ds under the sun. Me and my pals always talk about that night so Brannigans crisps will always hold a special place in my heart. Sad day. 

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

The Roast Beef and Mustard were quite simply the best crisps going.

Its a shameful indictment of this nation that we couldn’t keep our best crisps in business. What does it say about us?

That we’re healthier?

I think the last packet of Brannigans I had was in a pub somewhere in the ‘90s. Probably the roast beef and mustard ones as they were the best ones.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

That we’re healthier?

I think the last packet of Brannigans I had was in a pub somewhere in the ‘90s. Probably the roast beef and mustard ones as they were the best ones.

We may be healthier, but at what cost? So we can spend our lunchtimes eating second-tier crisps like Walkers Cheese and Onion, or McCoys Steak? 

Doesn’t seem worth it. Not to this bear.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

We may be healthier, but at what cost? So we can spend our lunchtimes eating second-tier crisps like Walkers Cheese and Onion, or McCoys Steak? 

Doesn’t seem worth it. Not to this bear.

Buy it out of liquidation and launch as The Brannigans.

my breakfast every morning coming off a nightshift in my late teens early 20's

3 packets of Ham & Pickle

quarter of some chocolate cover shredded coconut

4 cola kwenchy cups

i'm not sure if they changed anything over the years, but tried them a few years back and i found them very ''meh''

Walkers/Lays ruined the whole landscape of crisps in the UK

Edited by Gus Setsniffer