Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Europa Conference League, First Qualifying Round - First Leg

An early start to our season in the First Qualifying Round sees us face Larne, so hardly the exotic away day the fans were hoping for. They'll be a relatively decent side, but we've certainly got a chance. At home in the first leg, so really need to put ourselves in a good position.

Spoiler

pMrwBjR.png

That is, without question, the best performance from my Bala side. Genuinely, so much better than they were.  

Gives us a great shout of making it through to the next round, but I wouldn't put it past us completely fucking it away from home.

Europa Conference League, First Qualifying Round - Second Leg

Spoiler

C4d8H2Z.png

Job was done in the first leg, although we needed the goals here to see us through. Outplayed a bit, but these things happen. Made it through which is the main thing.

VGZAcKA.png

Another trip to Ireland, this time Southern. Can't wait.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

You going to persevere with Bala until you get TNS out on their ear or you reckon it's too big an uphill battle?

I’ll just stick it out with Bala. Don’t think there’s any other teams in Wales I’ll be better placed with than them, and the thought of leaving and having to start over again is a bit depressing.

Europa Conference League, Second Qualifying Round - First Leg

Spoiler

9Pp2gGg.png

Disappointing loss, but we're not completely out of it with the away goal. It could, and should, have been better as we missed a 89th minute penalty. As it is, we need a 2-0 to see us through. Doable but difficult.

They were a pretty good side to be fair to them.

Europa Conference League, Second Qualifying Round - Second Leg

Spoiler

piKRZLp.png

Aye, damage was done in the first leg, but for the second season running we don't get past the second qualifying round. We were good, but the boy Hanratty was just too good for our defence, and they basically seemed to score whenever they fancied.

Oh well, onto the real stuff for us.

Transfers 2028

n1efQDQ.png

E6u4gLG.png

First the outgoing players - one retiree, and a couple of guys who didn't play punted. Then there's some guys wo also don't play going on loan, which is fine.

Nothing really lost in that lot, I think they got about 4 starts between them last season.

KPB8bMr.png

Had a quiet summer as I struggled to find the right balance of good enough to actually improve the squad, and poor enough to actually entertain joining me.

I'll start with Vasilis Magalios, a centre midfielder. He's a good player, and although he hasn't started much yet, I expect that he'll work his way into the team soon enough. He's a good passer which is nice, and his teamwork is excellent.

Spoiler

trKSXri.png

Stefano Magistro, a young centre half, joins to give us another option there. He's also undre 19, and I need to have 2 under 19 players in the squad in all my league games, so he'll be handy for that.

Spoiler

Cwdy5JZ.png

Last signing was Ifan Savage, a right back who will be my second choice there, but give me an option there. My first choice right back had long periods of being shite last season, so will be nice to be able to drop him when that happens again. He looks basically fine, if unspectacular.

Spoiler

HubWV9n.png

August 2028

tlx78Yb.png

Well, that is an unexpected delight. Beating Connah's Quay could be huge, and help lay down a marker. We struggled a bit against Queens Park, but got the win in the end, so yeah it's all going swimmingly. 

gT5EiP5.png

Obviously, TNS have won all their games as well, but all we can do is win ours and see what happens. Top of the table for now though.

September 2028

BpAP6IG.png

Two really big disappointments this month - an absolute disgrace of a performance against Cardiff Met, and then throwing away a 3-0 lead against Barry. Other than that, the month went fine. We lost to TNS as per usual, but they didn't seem quite as dominant, so who knows. They still haven't lost a domestic game in 4 seasons though, so maybe a bit early to be calling an end to their time as Wales' big team.

YaSyLbi.png

4 points clear, but they've 4 games in hand as they're in the groups of the Europa Conference which always fucks with the scheduling.

I'd say we're doing well so far, but I've already dropped more points than TNS did last season.

October 2028

HBRAuQE.png

4 narrow wins, and a thrashing off TNS in the league cup. Pretty standard fare really. 

OTYMe1f.png

Assuming that TNS continue on their current trajectory, they'll be 8 points ahead when we've played the same number of games. So that's fun.

At least we're currently 11 points clear of 3rd. We should be comfortably the second best team in the league, providing we don't completely collapse.

November 2028

ple5eK7.png

We were really quite poor against Bangor. We scored an early penalty, and from there we should have put the pressure on and built on our lead, but just didn't get going. Managed to rescue a draw late on, but it wasn't really good enough.

Made up for it in the next two games though.

QTEfuRV.png

We're facing TNS next month, so that'll be us 7 points behind. An absolute farce having them in the league. They're just too good.

December 2028

SwuGxxN.png

The cup game was a bit of a joke playing complete dross, but the rest of the month wasn't what I had hoped for. We actually looked relatively solid against TNS, but the game was over as soon as they scored as we never looked like creating anything.

Stole a win against Newtown, and then stole a draw against Flint, before absolutely throwing away a win in the next game against them. Absolutely cruising at 2-1, missed a few great chances, got a guy sent off (while he was waiting to be subbed off) and then fucked it in the last few minutes. We need to be winning those games to have any chance in this league.

ooeEObA.png

TNS have dropped some points now, but realistically the league's over for this season. Just need to focus on securing second, and building for next season. 

January 2029

First things first, I've made some signings. As I said, the league's gone for this season, and has been for a while so just hoping to get these guys in, settle into the squad and hopefully take me to better next season.

First up, Bradley Walker, a 17 year old attacking mdifielder. He looks very good. Really good physical stats, plenty of flair, good technique and solid enough ability. I have high hopes that he'll be an important part of my squad if I'm to win anything in Wales.

Spoiler

VHzLtXi.png

Steven Johnston, who I paid just over 2 grand for from Spartans, is a good centre midfielder. His mental stats look great, and he's got decent technical ability too. Pleased to have him.

Spoiler

SubQVBr.png

Next up, Gus Rush, an 18 year old striker. He's here to give me some depth up front, and looks like he's just a big battering ram of a player, and f**k all else. That said, despite being really bad at it, he's a better finisher than my current striker,  and he got 23 goals last season, so who knows. I probably need better, but he'll do for now.

Spoiler

EK6RtOV.png

Another 17 year old in Kevin Williams is a centre half or right back - I'll use him as the former, I think. Quick for a centre half, no glaring weaknesses (apart from being the least determined player of all time) and plenty of time to improve given how young he is.

Spoiler

FovphQG.png

Right, that's my signings.

bvzXrgy.png

Meh. We were never in any danger of losing any of these games, we just couldn't score against Queens Park, but we're still doing well.

nbnoC1s.png

8 ahead of 3rd, which is good. As I said, if we can secure second, that'd be lovely.

February 2029

UqmLCHM.png

Two good wins, and then two losses against TNS. Although we lost twice without scoring, that's probably the best I've played against TNS, especially the first game when I actually created better chances than them, we just couldn't take them and they've got a boy who's scored 40 goals so far this season.

ijarz4i.png

5 clear of 3rd, 6 games to go. We've still to play Connah's Quay twice, so need to make sure we win at least one of those to secure 2nd.

March 2029

y06MVXy.png

Mixed. Won the 2 games I expected to win, and lost the one I really wanted to win. We were simply outplayed in that game, and really didn't deserve anything.

oBplR8Z.png

Lead is down to 4 points with 3 games left. Both us and Connah's have TNS still to play, as well as each other. Big final month to grab second coming up.

April 2029

AtOYHIu.png

Hmm. I had thought that maybe there was a chance that TNS were starting to slip a little bit - not enough for me to actually win the league yet, but a little bit. Then they dished out an absolute lesson, and dispelled that notion.

The final two games went pretty well, don't know what else to say.

O13cy5d.png

And that's 2nd place wrapped up. 

Last season we were 22 points behind TNS, this season it's only 19. Keep going at that rate and we'll be champions in no time!

We only actually lost 2 games that weren't against TNS, so that's good. Just need to find a way to not get thrashed every time we play them, and that'll be us sorted.

Europa Conference League, First Qualifying Round 2029 - First Leg

A bit better on the away day front this season, as we head to Luxembourg  to face Swift Hesperange, a team from a town of 2000 odd people. I think we should be winning this one.

Spoiler

9caCVWu.png

A good start, and we should absolutely be making it through from this position.

The boy McGuire is my new main centre forward, so it was good to see him get a few goals, and we generally played quite well, against admittedly poor opposition. Bodes well though.

Europa Conference League, First Qualifying Round 2029 - Second Leg

Spoiler

g6DVsg4.png

Piece of piss.

They were absolutely shite, but pretty pleased with that. For the 3rd season running, we go into the second qualifying round...

lP9wQA3.png

And for the 3rd season running, we'll be dumped straight out. Oh well. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow