Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Transfer Window 2029

hJrqEpU.png

otPhYcu.png

Some shite relelased/sold and a load of guys out on loan. I was trying to get rid of a few other players as my squad is pretty bloated, but no takers so oh well.

G0aFz3J.png

Only 3 players in. We've actually got a pretty good team, by Welsh league standards, so not a huge amount I can do, as guys who'll really improve us won't come..

Anyway, first up is Shaun McGuire,  a young striker released by TNS. Shows the gulf between us a bit, he spent 4 seasons at them without making a single appearance and comes in as my best forward - comfortably. He's quick, a good finisher and has good movement off the ball, so I think he'll be a good player for us. Can also play left wing.

Spoiler

p6PivbU.png

Adam Henderson joins as our new number 1, from Fraserburgh. He's just overall better than the boy he replaces, nothing special but if he can save us a couple of points a season, then he'll be more than worth it.

Spoiler

p6PivbU.png

Gary Parry has a ridiculous rhyming name, but joins as a left back/centre half. WIll play a bit at both positions, He has absolutely nothing going forward, but pretty solid defensively, so that's good.

Spoiler

3Zw9T1R.png

August 2029

vMXu9pS.png

Well, despite good results on the face of it, we've been pretty unimpressive so far. High point was fighting back from 3-1 down to beat Cardiff Met, but we conceded last minute from a corner against Caernarfon, and then really struggled against Flint. Still, 7 points from 9 so I can't complain too much.

9mvAEjd.png

Early days.

September 2029

qrRY6kg.png

Another unbeaten month, including a draw with TNS where we equalised despite having 10 men at the time. We deserved it as well, which was nice, and we actually managed a handful of good perfromances - TNS, Barry and Connah's Quay. We also beat Alloa delightfully, and remain in the Welsh League Cup, so here hoping we can keep the results coming in.

IMK2fl9.png

4 points behind TNS, but still plenty to play for, and we've shown that we have what it takes to give them a good game this season, so who knows.

4hiPElP.png

I'm sure this is exactly the kind of mouth watering fixture that the SPFL were looking for when inviting foreign teams into the Challenge Cup...

October 2029

rp94nxI.png

We really should have beaten Newtown, we missed loads of chances and then they score with their only chance 10 minutes from the end. Complete pain in the arse.

Rest of the month went well, despite losing a shootout with Linfield, but we've still to lose a domestic game this season.

UPxYobE.png

Assuming we win our game in hand, we'll be back to 3 points behind. TNS took a 3-0 doing off Connah's Quay this month, gives me hope that they're a bit poorer this season and we might be able to mount a challenge.

Spoiler

CzUYTfs.png

Fucking scenes. We've finally beaten them.

It was a very even game, but then my left back inexplicably found himself on the edge of their box and scored a screamer with a few minutes left, and that was that. We'll need to make sure we take advantage of this.

December 2029

IlYhV5q.png

After the massive high of beating TNS, I got unceremoniously dumped out the Welsh Cup. I'd rested a load of my best players to try and focus on the league, and it didn't work. We struggled through the rest of the month, but still ultimately took full points. We got very lucky in the Queens Park game, they were absolutely cruising at 2-1, but then within 5 minutes they gifted us an equaliser, got a man sent off and then conceded our winner, so that was nice of them.

hiatmJH.png

We're still not fucking top :lol:  Genuinely can't believe that we've not lost all season and are still 2nd, only 4 points ahead of 3rd.

The only teams that TNS have dropped points against are me and Connah's Quay, against all the other teams it's played 16, won 16, scored 55 and conceded 6.

I really think I need to win it this season, my best player is Bradley Walker, who is refusing to sign a new deal and has clubs like Motherwell looking at him. He's not the only one with other clubs trying to sign him, so I think I'll struggle to keep my team together, and don't know if I'll be able to sign similar quality.

Welsh League Cup Semi Final - 2030

Spoiler

ns07Tea.png

Wouldn't normally make a big deal out a semi-final but the final is later on this month...

We played fine, just soaked up pressure and hit them on the break effectively. They missed an absolute sitter at 1-0, and after that they didn't really look like getting back into it. Bit of revenge for the Welsh Cup exit as well. 

Anyway, into the final we go...

XH4oUKx.png

We face Connah's Quay Nomads, who beat TNS on penalties in the other semi final. 

Welsh League Cup Final - 2030

Spoiler

dpMkDOU.png

Our first bit of silverware arrives courtesy of a penalty shootout!

We were good in the first half without creating too much, and then pretty poor in the second. They missed a 92nd minute penalty, and then the same boy missed again in the shootout so that's a real shame for him.  We basically owe the trophy to our keeper, who was outstanding throughout the game, and saved a few in the shootout too.

TNzy95X.png

zsjuQqk.png

January 2030

M9lcVu0.png

Another perfect month - we absolutely stole the 3 points against Bangor in the league game, and I was quite annoyed that we didn't run up a big score against Monmouth after being 2-0 up in 10 minutes. 

BzTbuCl.png

Still 2nd, but we're starting to pull away from Connah's Quay and hopefully turning it into a 2 horse race.

February 2030

CpAszYF.png

Wee bit of activity on deadline day, as I let my 2nd choice keeper and 5th choice centre back leave. No real losses, and they'd both asked to leave. Was a shame to see Griffith-Norris go as he was the first signing I made for Bala, but it was time.

I also brought in one player, striker Beineon O'Brien-Whitmarsh. He's a bit more experienced than any of my other options, and provides a better back up for McGuire than I have available already. Looks pretty good overall, no glaring weaknesses for a striker, and should be able to grab a few goals once he's up to speed.

Spoiler

mSFivQ8.png

7c6AM3X.png

Disappointing not o beat Connah's, but the rest of the month was exceptional, including another victory over TNS. They went down to 10 men just before half time, and then shut up shop for the rest of the game. Took a really good free kick from Morgan Roberts to break them down, and they had no answers.  

ZjFMwp1.png

They also drew with Connah's Quay, which puts us 3 points clear at the top! As I said before, they've still won every single game against anyone outside the top 3, but their record against us and Nomads is W1 D2 L3. 

We need to make this count and take the title from here. 

March 2030

4npcCPY.png

We lost our first game of the league campaign away at Connah's Quay, and frankly we deserved to lose it. We nearly stole a point at the end, but it really wouldn't have been deserved in any way. The other two games were straightforward wins without really having to get out of first gear.

This month saw something remarkable though...

cdfWBqH.png

TNS, the ultimate flat track bullies, dropped points at home against 4th place Bangor City. Our Gwynedd Derby rivals doing us a pretty massive favour with that.

1m06idk.png

2 poinst ahead (thanks Bangor) with 3 games left.

Next up, TNS at home. Win that, and the title is all but won. It's probably the single biggest game of the save so far.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Matchday 30 - 2030

Spoiler

L0rmDnr.png

Well, it keeps us in control of the title race without totally killing it off, but given that our best player in the game was our keeper - by an absolute mile as well - I'll take the point. O'Brien-Whitmarsh may have just made signing him worthwhile as well with that goal. He hasn't done a lot for us, but all is forgiven if that sees us over the line.

jNAuqV7.png

Matchday 31-  2030

Spoiler

g4Do6XN.png

bUm1prY.png

TNS played the day before us, and the dropped points gave us the chance to secure the title, but we just didn't turn up at all. A truly dreadful game of football.

Qcj6IZh.png

All comes down to the final day of the season. If we beat Flint or if TNS fail to beat Connah's Quay, then we're champions.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow