Queen of the South v The Caley

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yes, I was under the impression that TV contracts with BBC, Sky or whoever prohibited live streaming by the Clubs involved in a game being transmitted live by them, but as you point out it's not always the case. I presume we will have our own camera team filming for a highlights package (hopefully there will be a few highlights) or will the BBC footage be used?

@MOTD Wannabee will be present and filming it for the manager's analysis purposes. I assume he'll be able to produce highlights from it if he has time. There won't be any commentary or streaming hardware though as there simply isn't the space for it. He will be using the space Pixellot normally use as they don't come at all if the BBC cover it. I assume the BBC feed is uploaded directly to the SPFL system.

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Shut up.

Oh whatever.

I'm too recent to P&B to have read the Caley/Thistle merger nonsense. (If there ever was such a topic).

Basically, a big team swallowed  up a smaller  team. Big team builds its (allegedly combined)  future on a landfill site in the most exposed to the elements part of town. Freezing as f**k. Got lots of grants from the Council. Set up a 'stadium'.  Freezing as f**k.. Wind blowing in from the Firth. Long walk from town. but even if you take the  car, parking is  just one big fucking joke.

7 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Oh whatever.

I'm too recent to P&B to have read the Caley/Thistle merger nonsense. (If there ever was such a topic).

Basically, a big team swallowed  up a smaller  team. Big team builds its (allegedly combined)  future on a landfill site in the most exposed to the elements part of town. Freezing as f**k. Got lots of grants from the Council. Set up a 'stadium'.  Freezing as f**k.. Wind blowing in from the Firth. Long walk from town. but even if you take the  car, parking is  just one big fucking joke.

Then we won the Scottish Cup and played in Europe. 

9 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Oh whatever.

Get back on the ICT thread with this pish. 

Anyway about this match,  light covering of snow in Dumfries this morning but disappearing fast,  not to say there won't be more before night. Problems with snow, accidents and breakdowns on the roads leading from the Central Belt.  Not sure if or when a decision on the game going ahead will be made,  unless I've missed it already. 

13 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Get back on the ICT thread with this pish. 

Anyway about this match,  light covering of snow in Dumfries this morning but disappearing fast,  not to say there won't be more before night. Problems with snow, accidents and breakdowns on the roads leading from the Central Belt.  Not sure if or when a decision on the game going ahead will be made,  unless I've missed it already. 

Shouldn’t be any problems with snow in Dumfries for the rest of the day.
Any difficulties will be with travelling. Think the M74 southbound is shut just now at J9.
When do the BBC set up? Is the stuff already in place? If they set it all up on the day they might struggle for time.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Any difficulties will be with travelling. Think the M74 southbound is shut just now at J9.
When do the BBC set up? Is the stuff already in place? If they set it all up on the day they might struggle for time.

It's been set up already I'm led to believe, or as good as.  They've been working at it this week. 

29 minutes ago, Flash said:

BBC have been on site for a couple of days. I'd imagine they are technically set already. Presenters, producers, commentators, etc will travel on the day though.

M74 currently shut somewhere north of Moffat I think. Presumably will be clear by this afternoon though?

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

BBC have been on site for a couple of days. I'd imagine they are technically set already. Presenters, producers, commentators, etc will travel on the day though.

M74 currently shut somewhere north of Moffat I think. Presumably will be clear by this afternoon though?

Think it was shut in a couple of places earlier. Checking google maps, traffic looks to be moving now, but slow. Hopefully will be ok. 

Not sure when ICT are travelling down but there are yellow warnings for snow tomorrow morning. Might not affect them but they might want to take a flask and some pot noodles with them just in case.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2020-12-04&id=08a4d324-05f7-4067-9024-bf6307594d25

Hope they took your advice on the pot noodle front. Could be a long day travelling.

11 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Oh whatever.

Glorious to see how, after 26 years, you are still so bothered about this.

0C44305D-BB16-4CCB-A413-1F2BD6CD031A.gif

20 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Glorious to see how, after 26 years, you are still so bothered about this.

0C44305D-BB16-4CCB-A413-1F2BD6CD031A.gif

I know. And the saddest part is that at the time I couldn't have cared less about either of them. It's just referring to them as 'The Caley' that seems to set me off. 

Christ, time to move on. 

Guest TOPFITTER

I expect an entertaining game tonight. Know nowt about the current "CALEY" team but this young Queens outfit will give anyone in this League a game if they work as hard as the last couple of games.  If Buchanan and Obylie don't give any gifts then up front we have a chance, midfield is my only worry really hope they're game-plan is nullification mainly and our wingbacks create.

No forecast as I am normally the Kiss-Of-Death