TV Licence

23 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I drove home the other week and as I came up the street I noticed a c**t at my door. Being hugely unsociable, I drove on, turned the car and came back as he left. Got in and he’d left a threatening “pay your licence or all batter you” type note.

Signed by Ronnie Pickering.

8 hours ago, steelmen said:

the issue i have with it is, The money is for the BBC.... but you need to pay it even if you refuse to watch the dross that the BBC put on. they should just call it the TV tax to actually tell the truth.

The only good thing about the BBC is no adverts but we are conditioned to them (or fast forwarding them) on every other service.

How many people actually watch bbc 2,3,4,5,6,7 etc etc?

I watch BBC4 more than any other BBC channel.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Got a letter in today saying they’re now “investigating my address”

Excited Cheer GIF by Teen Mom

I’d be careful.  Some poor lad’s just got 5 years for a Zoom call.  Under Labour it will be 10 years in Perth* for not paying your licence fee.

* The town city not the prison, but it’s just as bad.

"Our investigation is now in it's final stages so please act now or you may be fined"

Addressed to The Legal Occupier. Not much of an investigation is it?

29 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

"Our investigation is now in it's final stages so please act now or you may be fined"

Addressed to The Legal Occupier. Not much of an investigation is it?

Wow, you’ve got the same name as me!

Amazing.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Got a letter in today saying they’re now “investigating my address”

Excited Cheer GIF by Teen Mom

If it's your IP address you're done for.

12 hours ago, steelmen said:

the issue i have with it is, The money is for the BBC.... but you need to pay it even if you refuse to watch the dross that the BBC put on. they should just call it the TV tax to actually tell the truth.

The only good thing about the BBC is no adverts but we are conditioned to them (or fast forwarding them) on every other service.

How many people actually watch bbc 2,3,4,5,6,7 etc etc?

You say this, but there are plenty of adverts inbetween programmes.  Folk overlook the advertising for some BBC show because it's not commercial.  They may as well replace the various shouts for Strictly with adverts for Persil imho.

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

You say this, but there are plenty of adverts inbetween programmes.  Folk overlook the advertising for some BBC show because it's not commercial.  They may as well replace the various shouts for Strictly with adverts for Persil imho.

They extended their 30 minute One O'clock News bulletin to a full hour last month, coinciding with their move to Salford, and are now more shameless than ever about including several extensive plugs for Panaroma, various podcasts, and iPlayer documentaries masquerading as "news" stories.

Monday was the last straw, when they opened with a mere 8 minutes on the Trump shooting followed by a 20 minute piece about the Euros final. They had obviously reserved that slot in expectation of an England victory, so Clive Myrie's "live in Berlin" sad-faced tears & snotters were an unexpected bonus.