TV Licence

14 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I don't understand why people object to the BBC. They provide great coverage of the Scottish game and the Gaelic media pretty much is BBC Alba. What does it actually cost? £15 a month or something? Now how much do folk pay for Sky?

The licence fee represents great value for money and I would hate to see it go.

We would get more value for money by not spending £137 million on collecting the licence fees.

17 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I don't understand why people object to the BBC. They provide great coverage of the Scottish game and the Gaelic media pretty much is BBC Alba. What does it actually cost? £15 a month or something? Now how much do folk pay for Sky?

Why should we be forced into paying for something that is a state sponsored paedo ring? They have known what was going on in that organisation since the 70s and chose to ignore it, good enough reason for me to refuse them another penny.

38 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Why should we be forced into paying for something that is a state sponsored paedo ring? They have known what was going on in that organisation since the 70s and chose to ignore it, good enough reason for me to refuse them another penny.

Spot on.

saville.jpg.011e840e709690fa678fa2bec35f4cb7.jpg

Thank you.

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s some real lawless rebels on this thread!

I haven't given the BBC a penny in nigh on 10 years, but still enjoy Test Match Special.

Spoiler

Yes, I'm aware BBC Radio is not covered by TV Licensing.

I drove home the other week and as I came up the street I noticed a c**t at my door. Being hugely unsociable, I drove on, turned the car and came back as he left. Got in and he’d left a threatening “pay your licence or all batter you” type note.

6 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I agree with this to an extent. However, who can honestly say that they never use the BBC's services?

There will always be people who claim not to use the BBC's services, when they do. How many people honestly do not own a TV set?

I can.

You don't know this, no matter that its your job to bully people into letting you into their home.

I don't.

Edited by The Black Flag

19 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

It's free. Just don't pay it. And when your on iplayer and it asks if you have a licence, click yes.

Why would you pay for something someone sends into your home unasked for, for free? 

Mental.

22 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

8 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The TV licence is absolutely peanuts. I must spend more money on VOSS each week than the Licence costs in a year. Just pay it.

£15 a month isn't value for money for me tbh. I have almost every film/tv subscription available (every single one cheaper than £15 a month) so I'm happy to pay for something I value. BBC doesn't offer the same value. If it did I'd be happy to pay it.

Clearly the BBC dont think it's value either or they'd turn it into a subscription service as well. I reckon if they did that rather than the threatening letter route they have the now they'd lose money. 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

£15 a month isn't value for money for me tbh. I have almost every film/tv subscription available (every single one cheaper than £15 a month) so I'm happy to pay for something I value. BBC doesn't offer the same value. If it did I'd be happy to pay it.

Clearly the BBC dont think it's value either or they'd turn it into a subscription service as well. I reckon if they did that rather than the threatening letter route they have the now they'd lose money. 

This exactly.they know if they werent able to bully with the full support of the state they'd be closed down

the issue i have with it is, The money is for the BBC.... but you need to pay it even if you refuse to watch the dross that the BBC put on. they should just call it the TV tax to actually tell the truth.

The only good thing about the BBC is no adverts but we are conditioned to them (or fast forwarding them) on every other service.

How many people actually watch bbc 2,3,4,5,6,7 etc etc?

17 hours ago, The Black Flag said:

I have yet to come across a bag of peanuts costing £169.50.

How long does a bag of peanuts last you?  £169.50 is less than 50p per day.

Maybe if you bought a bag of peanuts and ate one per day it would be a good analogy.  Then again…

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The government blocked them from doing a subscription service abroad as they thought it would be unfair competition against the likes of Netflix etc. Similarly they blocked them from monetising their website and forced them to scale it down, you used to get far more stats on Scottish football for example. The BBC could easily offset a cut in the license fee by raising money elsewhere, maybe Labour will have a different policy.