Ayr vs Raith Rovers

Zanatta is a bit of an enigma. On his day he is phenomenal. However, his day only seems to happen once every dozen games.

He's the kind of archetypal wide player though, there aren't many who are consistent at this level tbh.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Zanatta is a bit of an enigma. On his day he is phenomenal. However, his day only seems to happen once very dozen games.

He's the kind of archetypal wide player though, there aren't many who are consistent at this level tbh.

No negativity here please.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Jesus Christ the last time we played against you guys Vaughan was injured which was years ago. Is he still injury prone? The guy had lot of potential way back in 2017.

Think he's done his cruciate three or four times basically one after the other

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Jesus Christ the last time we played against you guys Vaughan was injured which was years ago. Is he still injury prone? The guy had lot of potential way back in 2017.

Did his cruciate in 2015, Jan 2019 and again in Sep 19.  Still recovering from after effects of the last one. Happened on both legs so just really unlucky. 

That's before you look at the various groin strains etc. He's never had a consistent run in the team. 

As for the game, no idea what to expect. A draw would be absolutely fine. 

Edited by CALDERON

Did his cruciate in 2015, Jan 2019 and again in Sep 19.  Still recovering from after effects of the last one. Happened on both legs so just really unlucky. 
That's before you look at the various groin strains etc. He's never had a consistent run in the team. 
As for the game, no idea what to expect. A draw would be absolutely fine. 

Agree a point would be fine. If we can pick up the odd point away from home while keeping our impressive home form going that should see us comfortable mid table at least.

That’s us right into the midst of our tough run of games now. We were well beaten at Inverness but should’ve beaten Dunfermline on Saturday. Tonight is another big test at a ground we are regularly well beaten at. Despite that, I have confidence that we can get a result tonight. Don’t imagine we’ll spring any surprises with our starting line up which seems very settled. 

2-1 Rovers, Duku with both. 

29 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Zanatta is a bit of an enigma. On his day he is phenomenal. However, his day only seems to happen once every dozen games.

28 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

No negativity here please.

23 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, or the happy clappers will come for me!

I don't think what I said was unfair or hash. I firmly hope Dario proves me wrong tonight to be honest.

Trogdor’s point is completely fair.

I’m most definitely not a happy clapper, however quite happy to defend players when they’ve not had anything like a chance to show their worth. 

Knee jerk judgements like that are SRE behaviour. 

He probably won’t even start tonight, but if he does and is poor I’ll quite happily say that. Still won’t write him off though. 

Edited by No_Problemo

No Smith and Walsh blunts our creativity in the final third massively and for that reason I'll go for the draw Rovers have settled back into the Championship fine and intrigued to see Duku against us. 

Can the Rovers fans answer if this was a bit of a left field punt by the club as the English Non Leagues wouldn't be a "normal" area for clubs in our price bracket to be shopping in? Intrigued how they found this guy who looks decent on the limited highlights that I've seen of him. 

Albeit I appreciate that the goalscorer in any team gets the headlines but a lot of unseen or unfashionable work gets carried out by teammates. 

21 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

No Smith and Walsh blunts our creativity in the final third massively and for that reason I'll go for the draw Rovers have settled back into the Championship fine and intrigued to see Duku against us. 

Can the Rovers fans answer if this was a bit of a left field punt by the club as the English Non Leagues wouldn't be a "normal" area for clubs in our price bracket to be shopping in? Intrigued how they found this guy who looks decent on the limited highlights that I've seen of him. 

Albeit I appreciate that the goalscorer in any team gets the headlines but a lot of unseen or unfashionable work gets carried out by teammates. 

Felt like a left field punt, but apparently McGlynn had been enquiring about him the previous summer as well.