P&B Posters' Teams List

Bully Wee Villa

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t post much in this sub forum, but I support the Niners.   I have a soft spot for San Francisco teams.  

Go Away GIF

Joking, welcome to a P&B stalwart. 

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Niners now the best-supported team on P&B.

This is interesting.  For any newbies to North American sport, I would recommend supporting either an East Coast team if you want to watch them on the telly, or a nice city if you want to go and watch them play live.   Supporting a west coast team in a complete dump of a city isn’t much fun.   

2 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

I don't remember ever hearing about a Texans fan before.

Think you were right to go with Stroud at 2.

The trade up for Anderson is catching a lot of heat for the price but the whole city needed the boost tbh and they have two of the best players in the draft so I don’t mind too much.

A lot of chat they’ve given away potentially the second pick next year to Arizona but I can’t see the Texans picking quite that high with a last-place schedule next season. I think the pick will be in the 10-12 range personally and the one we have from Cleveland will be around 16 so not too much of a gap.

On 07/05/2023 at 09:16, Ignoramus said:

The trade up for Anderson is catching a lot of heat for the price but the whole city needed the boost tbh and they have two of the best players in the draft so I don’t mind too much.

A lot of chat they’ve given away potentially the second pick next year to Arizona but I can’t see the Texans picking quite that high with a last-place schedule next season. I think the pick will be in the 10-12 range personally and the one we have from Cleveland will be around 16 so not too much of a gap.

It depends on how you look at it. Switch the picks and you end up with Anderson, a pick no-one could argue with at #2.

To then get Stroud, we've traded two firsts, a second, and a third while also getting a 4th in return. To put that in perspective, the Niners traded 3 firsts and a third to get Trey Lance last year for the exact same jump - #12 to #3.

We didn't do it in that order as it would have driven the value of the #3 pick up in a bidding war for Stroud. If you think of the two picks as two separate issues and that we we were always going to take Anderson then the deal's actually not that bad. Like for like with the Niners trade we've got a First and a Fourth still for the price of a Second.

Edited by Spain

On 07/05/2023 at 08:53, Savage Henry said:

This is interesting.  For any newbies to North American sport, I would recommend supporting either an East Coast team if you want to watch them on the telly, or a nice city if you want to go and watch them play live.   Supporting a west coast team in a complete dump of a city isn’t much fun.   

My tuppenceworth would be for a newbie not to choose a team to support in the AFC West that don’t have the letter ‘K’ somewhere in their name either. For at least another twelve to fifteen years anyway 🥲

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

My tuppenceworth would be for a newbie not to choose a team to support in the AFC West that don’t have the letter ‘K’ somewhere in their name either. For at least another twelve to fifteen years anyway 🥲

Bears fans had 30 years of Hall of Fame QB play from those Green Gits.

Let's hope Love doesn't make it 3 in a row.

• 2 weeks later...

New England for me.

By default really, through going to Ayr Bruins Ice hockey games as a child, and having the Boston equivalent as my NHL team. 

It's going to be tough going for the Pats when you see the divisions other 3 teams getting stronger and making progress while Kraft and Bill seem to be bumbling their way through things (still no credible wide receivers).

10 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

New England for me.

By default really, through going to Ayr Bruins Ice hockey games as a child, and having the Boston equivalent as my NHL team. 

It's going to be tough going for the Pats when you see the divisions other 3 teams getting stronger and making progress while Kraft and Bill seem to be bumbling their way through things (still no credible wide receivers).

Go Away GIFu

• 2 months later...