P&B Posters' Teams List

Bully Wee Villa

• 2 weeks later...

Boys, while I've been enjoying the fortunes (and many misfortunes) of my new team, the Vikings, now that the regular season is over my mind has begun to stray.....I just looked up the leagues underneath the NFL, and - good lord - it appears I have a whole lot of other leagues in which to choose teams too! You kept this quiet. 

Clearly, I'm going to need to pick teams in NCAA I, II and III. But to get the ball rolling, here's my main question - do I need to pick separate teams in each of the FBS conferences? Is this the done thing for sports geeks? Because as far as I can see, the teams from different FBS conferences rarely meet each other. 

Grateful for your thoughts, in due course. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2022 at 16:13, The Other Foot said:

Boys, while I've been enjoying the fortunes (and many misfortunes) of my new team, the Vikings, now that the regular season is over my mind has begun to stray.....I just looked up the leagues underneath the NFL, and - good lord - it appears I have a whole lot of other leagues in which to choose teams too! You kept this quiet. 

Clearly, I'm going to need to pick teams in NCAA I, II and III. But to get the ball rolling, here's my main question - do I need to pick separate teams in each of the FBS conferences? Is this the done thing for sports geeks? Because as far as I can see, the teams from different FBS conferences rarely meet each other. 

Grateful for your thoughts, in due course. 

One DI team should be plenty. There's quite a lot of non-conference games throughout the season, and there's the Bowl games and the Playoff as well.

I've got the DI Washington Huskies and the DIII Pacific Lutheren Lutes as my college teams, hadn't thought about picking a DII team but may look into it!

On 10/02/2022 at 16:21, Craig the Hunter said:

One DI team should be plenty. There's quite a lot of non-conference games throughout the season, and there's the Bowl games and the Playoff as well.

I've got the DI Washington Huskies and the DIII Pacific Lutheren Lutes as my college teams, hadn't thought about picking a DII team but may look into it!

^^^ big team found

• 4 months later...

Patriots - hear me out. 

My dad was watching one of the late kickoffs in the 80s and there was a team in red, white and blue playing a team in green, white and gold. So he picked the team that wasn’t the Jets. 

I’ve been to both of their Wembley games with him, and i’ve been to Gillette three times (he’s been a few times more). We’re actually going over again in October, was hoping to take in their game @ Miami in September but I’d be in big trouble if I didn’t go to a wedding where the missus is a bridesmaid

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

I've decided I like Hawaii in college football. Are they in the top division and, if not, can they get promoted to it?

University of Hawaiʻi play in the top tier Div I FBS. No promotion/relegation as such a notion is foreign to sports over the pond so movement between the NCAA levels is by application.

There have been a few Hawaii alumni in the NFL, but the problem they have is the talented players from the islands tend to get recruited my more prominent colleges in the continental USA. It's a lovely place, but it is a bit of a backwater compared to the seaboards, rust belt etc

• 2 weeks later...

Atlanta Falcons for me. Fell in love with the Ryan, Jones, Sanu trio but sadly they are all gone. Also they are shite and my username will tell you I have a habit of supporting shite sports teams. Praying Kyle Pitts is the future but he’ll need a lot of help.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...