Ross County's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Ross County's Next Permanent Manager?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, btb said:

In this situation you either go for an "old lag" or an "up & comer" there didn't seem to be an outstanding up & comer and you're not gonna get an old lag who doesn't have a chequered record - speaking with my Saints head on let's hope it's Rover stylee Hughes rather than ICT.

Tommy Wright is sitting twiddling his thumbs. 

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Tommy Wright is sitting twiddling his thumbs. 

I agree Wright'd likely have been a better appointment, and maybe he's the exception to my rule, however as others have said it could br he's holding out for something better.

My point is aimed at those only considering Hughes' spell at Raith - any old lag is bound to have a mixed record.

Edited by btb

He'll probably be appointed somewhere tomorrow, but I'm still not completely convinced Tommy Wright will manage again.

Dropping wee hints that he will so everyone talks about him/puts pressure on their managers is so very him.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'll probably be appointed somewhere tomorrow, but I'm still not completely convinced Tommy Wright will manage again.

Dropping wee hints that he will so everyone talks about him/puts pressure on their managers is so very him.

I wonder if his public spats with Steve Brown will put chairman off? 

Whether Wright would have taken the job or not, it seems crazy that McGregor wouldn't have at least spoken to him. Maybe he did and didn't fancy him, maybe he did and Wright didn't fancy it himself, but just considering his track record in this league you'd hope (if you were a County fan) his name was at least raised in the last couple of weeks.

55 minutes ago, Radford said:

Surely that wouldn't be that much a big deal, considering his track record?

Guess not every chairman would accept being portrayed as a villain every 6 months though.

I can't even explain why I don't think he'll manage again tbh, just a gut feeling. I know there's theories about this and that, and they probably played a part, but I've always suspected the early shutdown of the league allowed him to live a quiet, stress free, life for a few months and he decided it was time to relax and live that life, especially once he'll have known the amount of cuts coming at the club. I half think he's in the mindset that he'll just wait for the right job, but every job that comes up will have some form of downside that puts him off it, and months out a job will become years.

Probably miles out, as always.

Less than 30 seconds in and he's already trotting out 'guid honest boys'.

He has to know that's a caricature by now. Holy f**k.

He's the Scottish football equivalent of one of those celebrities that get famous by pretending to be dumb as f**k like Joey Essex or whatever. He seems to think it'll deceive the opposition.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Less than 30 seconds in and he's already trotting out 'guid honest boys'.

He has to know that's a caricature by now. Holy f**k.

He's the Scottish football equivalent of one of those celebrities that get famous by pretending to be dumb as f**k like Joey Essex or whatever. He seems to think it'll deceive the opposition.

Yogi Leith's Seaside Adventures.  Would make fur some scintillating tele likesay, ken.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Why do you think it is that despite being your most successful ever manager and not exactly leaving you lot in tatters, that he'll not be in the frame for a club bigger than St Johnstone? Or even if he is, it'd only be at a club in a much worse position ie, Dundee.

There's something that just seems to stop him being fashionable when realistically his CV says he should be an ideal candidate for Aberdeen, Hibs (or Hearts) or for a decent crack down South. Can't place my finger on it and surely it's not just to do with a few public spats.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why do you think it is that despite being your most successful ever manager and not exactly leaving you lot in tatters, that he'll not be in the frame for a club bigger than St Johnstone? Or even if he is, it'd only be at a club in a much worse position ie, Dundee.

There's something that just seems to stop him being fashionable when realistically his CV says he should be an ideal candidate for Aberdeen, Hibs (or Hearts) or for a decent crack down South. Can't place my finger on it and surely it's not just to do with a few public spats.

There's a complete misrepresentation of him in the media thats bound to not help. You had completely fabricated articles widely spread about us not preparing properly for opposition in Europe, and he was widely called a "dinosaur" with the suggestion he didn't believe in analytics, seemingly based on nothing but his age. That's ignoring the "hoofball" myth that ignores him regularly having attacking midfielders hitting double figures in one season (Swanson, Wotherspoon, MOH all instantly come to mind).

On 21/12/2020 at 16:57, staggy1929 said:

'Siege mentality' and 'prove the doubters wrong' both mentioned, We're finished.

"It's all for one and one for all" - The Shree Musketeers? 

I think the last County manager to publicly criticise Uncle Roy was Robbo and he swiftly departed not long after that. Dick Campbell was also sacked because Roy didn't like him.

As good as Wright's CV is, I could imagine the relationship with MacGregor turning sour very quickly.

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's a complete misrepresentation of him in the media thats bound to not help. You had completely fabricated articles widely spread about us not preparing properly for opposition in Europe, and he was widely called a "dinosaur" with the suggestion he didn't believe in analytics, seemingly based on nothing but his age. That's ignoring the "hoofball" myth that ignores him regularly having attacking midfielders hitting double figures in one season (Swanson, Wotherspoon, MOH all instantly come to mind).

Compared to older St. Johnstone sides, Tommy Wright favourited a smaller type of player (Murray Davidson aside). There weren't many Kenny Deuchars or Kevin James's in his line ups.