Ross County's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Ross County's Next Permanent Manager?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’m also a fan of Yogi as he is a genuinely brilliant coach but this is a terrible appointment. He is going to spend the rest of this season getting the players used to his style of football rather than getting the results they need. 

Yeah he did that at Livi, then moved onto Hartlepool (thank f**k), but noticed he actually changed tack after a few games of doing the same down there, and adapted to their players actual capabilities, rather than how he thinks they should play. Was interesting reading their fans' forum, it was identical to ours, when he was insisting on playing it out from the back and their players didn't have the skill to do so. Still got them relegated though.

Cant wait to see Laidlaw to Morris, Morris to Laidlaw, Laidlaw to Donaldson, Donaldson trips over own feet, opposition chance, on Sportscene every week.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Sorry but you've appointed someone who will get you relegated. His management style is not present day players will fall out with him.

How long do you give him till he tells them to look at themselves in the mirror in the morning, when they're brushing their teeth?

I’m going to be honest here, I totally understand why folk think that’s a terrible decision. He is an absolute loony who performed terribly at Raith and handled himself pretty poorly in the process. 

BUT

I actually think that’s a pretty solid appointment. Despite what happened at Raith, I think Hughes is a decent manager at this level and plays decent football. Do most of his issues at clubs not stem when owners don’t give him enough cash to spend? I’m sure that happened at ICT but maybe I’m wrong. However, Uncle Roy™️, seems to have a fair whack of cash so wages etc shouldn’t be an issue to attract the sort of player he wants. I’m going to stick my neck out and say he will do pretty well there. 

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

How long do you give him till he tells them to look at themselves in the mirror in the morning, when they're brushing their teeth?

Or he says that he would be a lovely boy for your daughter to bring home but is useless in a relegation fight

Just now, Nadroj said:

I’m going to be honest here, I totally understand why folk think that’s a terrible decision. He is an absolute loony who performed terribly at Raith and handled himself pretty poorly in the process. 

BUT

I actually think that’s a pretty solid appointment. Despite what happened at Raith, I think Hughes is a decent manager at this level and plays decent football. Do most of his issues at clubs not stem when owners don’t give him enough cash to spend? I’m sure that happened at ICT but maybe I’m wrong. However, Uncle Roy™️, seems to have a fair whack of cash so wages etc shouldn’t be an issue to attract the sort of player he wants. I’m going to stick my neck out and say he will do pretty well there. 

Caley fans can probably correct me if I am wrong, but I think Hughes got the biggest budget Caley have ever had.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Caley fans can probably correct me if I am wrong, but I think Hughes got the biggest budget Caley have ever had.

You are correct and he brought in utter shite such as Nat Wedderburn and Dani Lopez, who actually tripped up over the ball in one of his trial games.

Edited by PB1994

Just now, Comrie said:

Hmm. I don’t mean this to be disrespectful at all to Caley fans but surely their budgets before they won the Scottish Cup for example would have been pretty low just purely because of the size of the club etc, but because they won the cup their budgets just naturally increased as a result rather than it just being a case of ‘ah well we will give this guy the biggest budget ever’? Maybe he did get the biggest budget but that might just be because the previous budgets were small due to a lack of success/exposure - so he maybe felt the larger could have been made that wee bit bigger specifically for him rather than just being larger as it naturally would due to the success, if that makes any sense?

PS, I have worded that fucking terribly - seems like I’m saying he should ask for an increase on the already increased budget and just expect it but in my head it makes sense!

1 minute ago, Nadroj said:

Hmm. I don’t mean this to be disrespectful at all to Caley fans but surely their budgets before they won the Scottish Cup for example would have been pretty low just purely because of the size of the club etc, but because they won the cup their budgets just naturally increased as a result rather than it just being a case of ‘ah well we will give this guy the biggest budget ever’? Maybe he did get the biggest budget but that might just be because the previous budgets were small due to a lack of success/exposure - so he maybe felt the larger could have been made that wee bit bigger specifically for him rather than just being larger as it naturally would due to the success, if that makes any sense?

PS, I have worded that fucking terribly - seems like I’m saying he should ask for an increase on the already increased budget and just expect it but in my head it makes sense!

If a manager needs a massive budget to be a success at a bottom half Scottish side, then they're not a good manager.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

If a manager needs a massive budget to be a success at a bottom half Scottish side, then they're not a good manager.

Taking Caley to Europe and winning a Scottish Cup isn’t success? 

I’m not trying to sound like a John Hughes super fan but I genuinely don’t understand when folk make out he’s dreadful sometimes yet make out people like Tommy Wright etc are incredible