Kilmarnock v Livingston

Read somewhere that Killie have won the last five vs Livi at RP which is some record. I can’t remember if it was the last fixture there but the 2-1 loss was tight. Think Dicker scored with Killie’s first shot of match then MacKenkie had a deflected second and Lee Miller had a deflected one for us.

Not sure what we’ll do in the middle but I expect that’s where it might be won/lost. Marv back in to battle Dicker and Power? Unsure who will get the nod up front aswell.

Expecting another tight one here with a goal either way.

Edited by crispy

48 minutes ago, crispy said:

Read somewhere that Killie have won the last five vs Livi at RP which is some record. I can’t remember if it was the last fixture there but the 2-1 loss was tight. Think Dicker scored with Killie’s first shot of match then MacKenkie had a deflected second and Lee Miller had a deflected one for us.

Not sure what we’ll do in the middle but I expect that’s where it might be won/lost. Marv back in to battle Dicker and Power? Unsure who will get the nod up front aswell.

Expecting another tight one here with a goal either way.

Dicker is out for a few more weeks mate, having missed the last 4 matches, according to Dyer pre Dundee Utd..... we miss him big time at the moment.

Edited by C4mmy31

Think this is too close to call,although Livi have momentum going into this and will fancy their chances of a result here.Usually a tough place to go Rugby Park and i agree that the odd goal will take This.Hopefully the guys are buzzin after their recent form and continue pressing teams although tactics might have to be tweaked for this game after such a dominant display against Accies. So looking forward to it.Good luck Livi.🦁

Surprised Poplatnik hasn't come back in for Robbo, dunno if he's still recovering from the rib injury he got playing Utd. JET really has to prove himself here, i think there is a player in there with his nifty footwork in tight spaces, but so far he's been well off the pace fitness wise.

Marv and Holt starting and Forrest being dropped is also a bold move, hope it all works, looks like the conditions are playing a part in Martindale's team selection, and we're setting it out for a scrappy shitfest of a game.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Yeah really not optimistic about the team, what ploplatnik and robbo offer the team through their pressing is what has made a difference to our game. Sibbald is completely wasted out wide, while Bartley and Holt will be too slow to start attacks in the midfield. Taking Forrest out too, one of our players who offers plenty threat and carries the ball well, leaves our threat coming from one wing making it much easier to deal with. 

Just now, ATLIS said:

Jet starting is a horrendous decision, but one Martindale deserves to make after his results lately. Prove us wrong DM

I'm not quite ready to give up on him yet, despite what your thoughts on him coming on against Accies, i thought he looked quite good in 3 or 4 attacking moves, jury is still out on him being fully fit, and if he can give us some pressing play up front. Looks quite skilful on the ball, but that isn't really enough for him to be of any use to us, so needs to up his game and press defenders.

Conditions being what they are i think we're going for a scrap in midfield with Holt and Marv starting in there, and a big target man up front for hoofing it up the pitch, i think JET is capable of doing that, and then playing in Pittman, Mullin and Sibbald, so fingers crossed it works.

I'm talking myself into believing this anyway.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER