Week 16

lichtie23

Browns in all kinds of trouble at the moment. The loss of Wills and Teller hurting as much as anything else.

Scandalous that the NFL didn’t postpone this game. The fact that Wills had to pull out today is pretty clear that the outbreak isn’t contained.

Honestly. Fucking NFL refs

The call illegal block in the back for putting your hands on a guy who is falling over and about to hit the deck anyway, negating a 68 yard gain, yet somehow totally ignored TJ Watt being held in a headlock by Chaz Green while the pair of them were standing all alone slap-bang in the middle of the field

Honestly. Fucking NFL refs
The call illegal block in the back for putting your hands on a guy who is falling over and about to hit the deck anyway, negating a 68 yard gain, yet somehow totally ignored TJ Watt being held in a headlock by Chaz Green while the pair of them were standing all alone slap-bang in the middle of the field

The officiating continues to get worse every season

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

The officiating continues to get worse every season

It's a mystery. It was never this bad even 10 years or so back. I used to tell people who didn't follow the game how amazing they were that they got something like 98% of calls spot-on in real time, yet now they blow obvious calls left and right, yet call some of the most ticky-tacky shit every single week. I can only imagine the constant rule changes year-on-year, and the fact they seem to have brand new crews every single season has led to a bit of atrophy.

It's a mystery. It was never this bad even 10 years or so back. I used to tell people who didn't follow the game how amazing they were that they got something like 98% of calls spot-on in real time, yet now they blow obvious calls left and right, yet call some of the most ticky-tacky shit every single week. I can only imagine the constant rule changes year-on-year, and the fact they seem to have brand new crews every single season has led to a bit of atrophy.

It’s been criminal at times this season, and not just against the Giants but as you say it’s been going on for years. A stick out from last season was the Lions been cheated at Lambeau with 2 hands to the face calls that let the Packers drive down the field for the winning score. No wonder folk think (including myself) that some of the officiating teams are corrupt to the core

Just now, lichtie23 said:

It’s been criminal at times this season, and not just against the Giants but as you say it’s been going on for years. A stick out from last season was the Lions been cheated at Lambeau with 2 hands to the face calls that let the Packers drive down the field for the winning score. No wonder folk think (including myself) that some of the officiating teams are corrupt to the core

I don't think they're bent, they're just increasingly inept.

The sort of thing that infuriates me isn't the subjective calls and non-calls. Most PI/illegal contact is as a result of 50/50 hands fighting anyway, but it's stuff like going upstairs to see if the ball broke the plane of the goal-line, deciding it hasn't.... then spotting it bang on the 1 yard hash mark. Seen that happen three times in the past two years.

That Trubisky EZ INT :blink::1eye

There was a game winning drive for the Chiefs recently where they OL false started (that sounds weird) and held on every play and didn’t get called once. The consistency of offensive holding is what annoys me, it happens on most plays but will just get called randomly, either call it when it’s blatant or don’t call it at all. Don’t ruin a great play cause a guy on the opposite end of the play kinda held someone.

3 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

There was a game winning drive for the Chiefs recently where they OL false started (that sounds weird) and held on every play and didn’t get called once. The consistency of offensive holding is what annoys me, it happens on most plays but will just get called randomly, either call it when it’s blatant or don’t call it at all. Don’t ruin a great play cause a guy on the opposite end of the play kinda held someone.

I think that was the last Raiders game, and yeah, myself and others on here mentioned it at the time how blatant and consistent the OL holding was, yet no calls. Raiders DT got grabbed, mugged, and wrestled to the ground, yet apparently not a single member of the crew noticed it :mellow:

Another one that annoys me, is that for years now, the Ravens consistently line their OT's up two yards deep in the backfield, literally nowhere close to the LoS, yet it's never, ever called.

Edited by Boo Khaki