Rangers vs Celtic - January 2nd

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's a match thread one game,Celtic were the better team but it's all about results this season and the 3 points.
Lennon was right to highlight this decision because it changed the game.

Celtic are not where they are because of referees. 

It's a match thread one game,Celtic were the better team but it's all about results this season and the 3 points.
Lennon was right to highlight this decision because it changed the game.

The game started to change with the introduction of Hagi.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

The game started to change with the introduction of Hagi.

I had a look back and I was surprised that Celtic's last shot on target actually came in the 21st minute.

I wonder if it's a game that you might feel differently about after re-watching it.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

The game should have been over by half time, it wasn’t. We only have ourselves to blame for not making the most of a really dominant half. 

So true, and Lennon subs were totally baffling, we were chasing a must win game and he brings in the under performing players who have put us in shit we are in.  

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

And highlighting the decision does what exactly? Change the outcome? Change the outcome of all the other games we have dropped needless points on? 

It does f**k all but deflect from the root problem

There is a difference taking questions on today's game and taking questions on the whole season FFS. 

Just now, Drew Brees said:

So true, and Lennon subs were totally baffling, we were chasing a must win game and he brings in the under performing players who have put us in shit we are in.  

I understood the need for Duffy because it was necessary other than that I was genuinely baffled.

But really what did we expect? 

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is a difference taking questions on today's game and taking questions on the whole season FFS. 

But does it change the outcome of today’s game?

If that happened at the other end and Goldson fouled Edouard we would have wanted and expected Goldson to go and if he didn’t and we lost the game Lennon would also have highlighted it as a key decision that didn’t go our way.

Masters of our own downfall today and every other day this season. 

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I understood the need for Duffy because it was necessary other than that I was genuinely baffled.

But really what did we expect? 

When Simunovic was sent off there Rodgers brought on Edouard. Lennon was hoping to scrape a point. Pointless. 

Celtic haven't had a chance this season to get parity with sevco and we won't until the end of march, 7 month's after the season was started.

And the circumstances as to why that has happened is out of our control.

What was in our control was the outcome of the matches we could play and we didn’t win the ones that mattered consistently enough. That’s why the league is now out of our control that and that alone

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

But does it change the outcome of today’s game?

If that happened at the other end and Goldson fouled Edouard we would have wanted and expected Goldson to go and if he didn’t and we lost the game Lennon would also have highlighted it as a key decision that didn’t go our way.

Masters of our own downfall today and every other day this season. 

It's a match thread we are posting about the match making up shit doesnae count,you could say Morelos should've been sent off in the first 5 minutes for the tackle on Frimpong.

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

When Simunovic was sent off there Rodgers brought on Edouard. Lennon was hoping to scrape a point. Pointless. 

It was a point my son mentioned to me when we it became obvious we were taking Turnbull off also.

He at least looks forward and could provide a link to Edouard. 

Frustrating 

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's a match thread we are posting about the match making up shit doesnae count,you could say Morelos should've been sent off in the first 5 minutes for the tackle on Frimpong.

Ok Willy let’s stick to the facts then

1. The red card decision was correct
  2. We are 19 points behind not 10
  3. The league is no longer in our hands
  4. Your as much a part of the problem with your inability or reluctance to see the bigger picture as those in charge of Celtic

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Bitton had the better will to be sent off out of everyone on the park, obviously, and was aided in his red card by excellent football knowledge from Morelos.

We’ve had 3 red cards there in the last 3 seasons and every one has been on Morelos, not sure what we’re coaching our defenders on how to deal with him.