Dons v Utd. An appreciation of Stuart Duff.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Looks like Yinited have taken over the Fermer's mantle of 'team that have pretty much got our measure'. 

As with the first game, they look much more likely to score than we do. 

I know this will be baffling for Aberdeen fans, but that was one of our best performances of the season - I shit you not!

Aberdeen never looked like scoring, we eeked out a few chances and for a few brief moments even played some fitba.

I won't complain at settling for a point at Pittodrie with no midfield.

ps - why the f**k has Appere had no gametime this season? Seriously, WTF?!!

Another poor result. United more than earned that point and could have sneaked it.

Relying on Curtis Main when you're hoping to split the Old Firm is always going to be an issue.

January is a massive month recruitment wise. I don't trust the club to get it right, unfortunately.

Just now, ArabFC said:

I know this will be baffling for Aberdeen fans, but that was one of our best performances of the season - I shit you not!

Aberdeen never looked like scoring, we eeked out a few chances and for a few brief moments even played some fitba.

You were certainly better than you were in the first game this season and better than quite a few of the teams that have came to Pittodrie this season.

That's a great performance from United.

Harkes actually looked like a footballer today. Robson and Smith played great, Connolly was switched on. 

Something seemed to click today with a nice balance between being hard to beat and actually making chances. Feels like 2 points dropped. 

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Harkes actually looked like a footballer today. Robson and Smith played great, Connolly was switched on. 

Something seemed to click today with a nice balance between being hard to beat and actually making chances. Feels like 2 points dropped. 

Behave.

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Wasn't that scary, surely?

Two points dropped by us, although going by the stats we were all over them.

That was a really poor second half after a decent effort (relative to our recent performances) in the first 45.

Our strikers offer so little to our overall play. Not once in that second half did one of Main, Cosgrove, or Edmundson take the ball in and link up play. Did Cosgrove even touch the ball in the 20mins he was on?

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Harkes was awful for about 80% of the game, only came into it quite late on.

Connolly was good today.

Delighted with a point away to the Dons but completely deserved.