Wildcard Weekend

lichtie23

Really enjoyed the first game of the day - thought Colts played really well but too many errors. I actually fancy the Bills to make it to the SuperBowl and the fact they were leading at the half having been absolutely dug shit bodes well for them moving forward.

The second game is enjoyable although a bit more of a slog. With Packers having #1 seed(and based on what I’ve seen of the Bears, the Saints having almost a bye) I’m not sure if I want the Rams to win or not. They are obviously banged up with Donald in difficulty and down to their back up QB so I think we’d beat them to advance. Best Offence v Best Defence games are always a bit shit though. I imagine Wilson will win it for the Seahawks with a last gasp TD - it’s just what happens to Seattle. My Aunt is a Colts fan and her husband is a Hawks fan so if Hawks go through that house will be carnage tonight - which is always entertaining from a personal viewpoint.

I fancy Tampa to win comfortably tonight against Washington.

I'd love to see Wilson behind a line that wasn't total dogshit.

How long has the Seahawks OL been a problem for now? 5 years? And yet everyone's talking about John Schneider like he's some incredible talent evaluator?

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

I'd love to see Wilson behind a line that wasn't total dogshit.

How long has the Seahawks OL been a problem for now? 5 years? And yet everyone's talking about John Schneider like he's some incredible talent evaluator?

The OLine has been very middle of the road this season which has been better. Wilson has been all over the place since his run of turnovers, which unfortunately also coincided with playing some of the better defences in the league. 

The play calling has went very Conservative with far too many first down runs. 

All the talk now is Carroll has full control on football decisions so Schneider isn't making the picks, but his trade history has generally been outstanding. 

2 minutes ago, gc_smfc said:

The OLine has been very middle of the road this season which has been better. Wilson has been all over the place since his run of turnovers, which unfortunately also coincided with playing some of the better defences in the league. 

The play calling has went very Conservative with far too many first down runs. 

All the talk now is Carroll has full control on football decisions so Schneider isn't making the picks, but his trade history has generally been outstanding. 

16th in pass blocking efficiency, but that's the highest they've ranked since Wilson was drafted. For a team with a stud QB who takes way too many hits, that's unforgivable.

And yeah Wilson is responsible for a lot of his sacks, but there's way too many times that a Seahawks lineman gets beat 1 on 1 and commits a holding penalty, which means Wilson needs a big play, which means he holds the ball longer, which means he takes a hit. It's been like this for half a decade!

1 minute ago, G51 said:

16th in pass blocking efficiency, but that's the highest they've ranked since Wilson was drafted. For a team with a stud QB who takes way too many hits, that's unforgivable.

And yeah Wilson is responsible for a lot of his sacks, but there's way too many times that a Seahawks lineman gets beat 1 on 1 and commits a holding penalty, which means Wilson needs a big play, which means he holds the ball longer, which means he takes a hit. It's been like this for half a decade!

It sure has, Wilson has always been the highest sacked QB in the league since he entered, although I think Watson has started to challenge him. 

Unfortunately OLine men are incredibly hard to draft and even harder to keep. Scheme hides a lot of issues in the OLine, Seattle scheme tonight has been criminally bad. 

2 minutes ago, gc_smfc said:

It sure has, Wilson has always been the highest sacked QB in the league since he entered, although I think Watson has started to challenge him. 

Unfortunately OLine men are incredibly hard to draft and even harder to keep. Scheme hides a lot of issues in the OLine, Seattle scheme tonight has been criminally bad. 

OL aren't that hard to draft that you can't hit on a single one in five drafts. There are loads of teams with good OL out there.

I dunno, if I'm a Seahawks fan and I'm watching this, I might be thinking it's the end of the road for Carroll. Seahawks have looked badly coached for half this year.