Wildcard Weekend

lichtie23

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

I don't really agree with that, the Patriots, Saints and Packers all regularly pick in the same range the Seahawks too, and they all have good to great lines. Even if you can't draft them, just sign good ones in free agency! You can still get good linemen there!

You've named three teams out of 32. All three have been blessed by outstanding qb play over recent years as well. The Seahawks OLine isn't great, but it's not so far off the rest of the standard of the league. 

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

Sure, the Seahawks won a mediocre division in a terrible conference. That doesn't really change what I'm saying though - they're being held back by the coaching staff and teams are keying in on their weak points, despite loads of great players on the roster. That's why they remind me of last years Browns.

You're at it about the division and conference. 

Not so much the coaching, but also this team is a legacy of continued success not continual failure multiple top draft picks and massive cap space. 

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

The problem with having the #1 D is that it's largely a product of the offense that you face - as long as your defense is somewhat above average, it doesn't really matter how good it is (unless it's an outrageously good one like the 2015 Broncos or the 2017 Jaguars - which the 2020 Rams definitely aren't).

You're massively underpaying their defence. They've got the best player in football, and a top tier corner, and sound coaching. Also the 2017 Jags were massively overrated by their scoring, and you forgot the 2013 Seahawks defence. 

Just now, gc_smfc said:

You've named three teams out of 32. All three have been blessed by outstanding qb play over recent years as well. The Seahawks OLine isn't great, but it's not so far off the rest of the standard of the league. 

You're at it about the division and conference. 

Not so much the coaching, but also this team is a legacy of continued success not continual failure multiple top draft picks and massive cap space. 

You're massively underpaying their defence. They've got the best player in football, and a top tier corner, and sound coaching. Also the 2017 Jags were massively overrated by their scoring, and you forgot the 2013 Seahawks defence. 

I named three out of thirty-two because we were talking about teams who pick in the same draft range the Seahawks do every year. And yeah, the Seahawks OL wasn't completely abysmal this year, but it still wasn't good and it hasn't been good for a long time. That's the problem. If the Schneider/Carroll team is so good, how has it been completely unable to address this for so long? The best lineman is a guy you traded for in Duane Brown, who's now 35.

The NFC isn't good this year. It's nowhere near as good as the AFC, I'd be surprised if anyone tried to debate that one.

Yeah Aaron Donald is great, and Jalen Ramsay is great, and there's some good players after that, but ultimately defense doesn't matter that much unless it's a truly elite one (which the 13 Hawks were - which backs up what I'm saying about a D having to be truly elite to make a meaningful difference).

rams-hawks was a decent matchup and a tasty watch till half-time,that rams defense could take that team deep.

wildcard weekend is a proper scottish cup 2nd round  'get it done name in the hat'game.

still like brady for an up-ye ring this season.

16 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

No.  Must stay lower than 24.  If we are still in it at HT we have a slim chance.

Would you feel more confident if you had Haskins rather than Heinike at QB?

obviously I understand he was a fud so had to go.

Edit: autocorrect

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

I named three out of thirty-two because we were talking about teams who pick in the same draft range the Seahawks do every year. And yeah, the Seahawks OL wasn't completely abysmal this year, but it still wasn't good and it hasn't been good for a long time. That's the problem. If the Schneider/Carroll team is so good, how has it been completely unable to address this for so long? The best lineman is a guy you traded for in Duane Brown, who's now 35.

The NFC isn't good this year. It's nowhere near as good as the AFC, I'd be surprised if anyone tried to debate that one.

Yeah Aaron Donald is great, and Jalen Ramsay is great, and there's some good players after that, but ultimately defense doesn't matter that much unless it's a truly elite one (which the 13 Hawks were - which backs up what I'm saying about a D having to be truly elite to make a meaningful difference).

That's also two teams that failed to address the QB position and one that their QB went mental about them not drafting him any weapons instead of going for another QB. And all bar one have won a superbowl more recently than Seattle. 

You also make it sound like every team is 100% complete. The Seahawks had all time great defence over multiple years, without having a good oline. Throwing money at the OLine on the Seahawks doesn't suddenly make things better. Even if they were awful tonight, but it's the same group that blocked over the first 6 weeks. When Seattle looked great. 

A defence of the back end of the season, and a balanced offence play calling weighted towards the start of the season makes the team better. 

12 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

A poor season in Seattle is an excellent season in Cleveland. Let’s just leave it at that 😇😂

imo making playoffs for the hawks this season isnt that bad given the team across the board and season.

their headcoach is getting a carpark/fxxkoff chat soon tho.

Edited by Daddy Cheeze
fxtthxmbs

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

As a Bucs fan of over 20 years you better believe I expect that missed PAT (and subsequent failed 2PAT) to come back to bite.

Tampa to hold the Stanley Cup and Lombardi Trophy at the same time must be a sports fan’s wet dream in that area.