Wildcard Weekend

lichtie23

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Serious question.....does Heinicke start on opening day of the 2021/22 season for the Washington Football Team?

We hopefully re-sign Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinicke and have a QB comp in the summer.  Maybe talk Alex into retiring, even sweeten the deal by making him an exec to recoup his lost contract

5 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Think Heinicke arguably looked better than Alex Smith at QB for Washington.

That's the best 4 quarters of play we have seen at QB since maybe Kirk Cousins.  😂😥

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Serious question.....does Heinicke start on opening day of the 2021/22 season for the Washington Football Team?

I don't know about starting but he'd a perfectly serviceable backup for somebody surely? He literally had a one game audition last night for the league and got an A- from me. 

Threw some absolute peaches and very athletic when he had to scramble as well. 

The High School team he was previously coaching might have a vacancy coming up pretty soon!! 

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Dad 😢

Bills 👍

Carroll 😂

Shitehawks 😂

Brady :thumbsdown

Couldn't care less about the outcome of tomorrow's games. Might be nice for the Browns to actually win a playoff game before the inevitable slide back to 3-4 win garbage next season.

You just carry on supporting the Clyde of the NFL 😉

A season the Dolts could only dream of is a disappointment in the Pacific North West. Levels 😇

Seriously though, is there a future for the Chargers in LA? I used to like them going back to Fouts and Don Corryell. Those powder blue uniforms too. Old AFC West was a blast back in the day. Can’t get as enthused about the NFC West. It’s a lot more attritional.

Impossible to gauge with this Covid-19 but can the Bolts build their support or will they be shunned by fans in SAN Diego and Los Angeles? I guess a winning team and a run in the playoffs would help but as an outsider that seems a long way off.

I think it depends what you mean by 'future in L.A.'

If you're looking at this purely from a business perspective, then Spanos has already benefitted from the move as it's doubled the value of his franchise overnight. From that position it's a success, but they still have no home stadium of their own, so in reality it's all still a bit smoke and mirrors.

I don't think you'll ever see a situation whereby the Chargers are selling out SoFi year-in, year-out, because even if they were to go on a five year hot streak, win a couple of Championships, LA fans are fickle in the extreme and won't pay LA rates to go and watch a team stinking the place out. NFL is cyclical, LA isn't like Buffalo or Green Bay, there's a selection of things to do on a Sunday afternoon that don't involve watching the Keystone Kops in sub-arctic temperatures.

The Chargers long-term future is back in SD or possibly even Mexico. They have a decent fanbase in SoCal that was alienated by a perfect storm of year after year of poor results, a dilapidated and uninviting stadium, and ownership that continually shat in their own bed with their treatment and attitude toward the city, it's politicians, and the fans. The Latino appetite for the Chargers in SoCal is significant, I think they're the obvious candidate if the NFL is ever planning to expand into Mexico or have a franchise split time between there and SoCal. That won't happen without new ownership though. It's a bit of a myth the Spanos family are 'cheap' with the Chargers. That doesn't hold true when you look at the Chargers' salary spending. The issue is that they are not 'rich' by the standards of the majority of NFL owners, nowhere close to it in fact, hence the inability to fund the build of a new facility in SD. 

If the Spanos family decide to sell up and cash in on the now inflated value of their investment, I think potentially a new owner with the type of wealth of most NFL owners would be daft not to look at funding a move back to SD. They can't stay tenants in SoFi forever, and regardless of the presence or otherwise of the Rams, LA just isn't a market where you can build the sort of rabid fanbase successful franchises crave. If you had a decent facility in SD, were playing winning football, and didn't antagonise the fanbase by expecting them to pay silly rates for tickets in a crumbling stadium that stinks of piss, then the Chargers would have no problem making a go of things in SD. It was fine back in the early/mid 90's, and again for most of the first decade of the 2000's, and that was while playing through the stadium issue.