Aberdeen v Rangers - 10th Jan

Injury update from Gerrard confirms that Arfield is expected to be out for 4-5 weeks. Jack has been training but it sounds like this weekend is too soon for him and they expect that Roofe will also miss a couple of games.

Not ideal at all but we expected this so the team I mentioned before will likely be what we see:

McGregor

Tav         Goldson     Balogun/Helander     Barisic

Aribo          Davis      Kamara

Hagi                  Morelos           Kent

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Look at you falling for that DR nonsense :lol:

"If Aberdeen click they can beat Rangers"

Stop the press.

Former Dons star Young said: “Rangers going to Pittodrie is always one of their toughest games of the season.

“It always is when they come up to Aberdeen. Anything can happen in these games and form can go out the window.

“The last two games were disappointing for Aberdeen. The first game they never got going and the second they were hit hard by injuries and Covid.

“It will be different now Derek has most of his players back.

“The boys have confidence from the run Aberdeen have been on, will have seen how Celtic caused them problems and will go out believing they can beat Rangers.

“There is no doubt if the Aberdeen team clicks then they can beat Rangers.

“We have Celtic in our sights. Aberdeen are wanting to be as close to them as we can, while being as many points away from Hibs below us.”

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

OK so the story is...Aberdeen academy coach thinks Aberdeen can win if Aberdeen play well.

Stop the press.

well what I said is that confidence seemed to be high with the Aberdeen staff. The line saying “It will be different now Derek has most of his players back." and "We have Celtic in our sights" kinda indicates that.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

well what I said is that confidence seemed to be high with the Aberdeen staff. The line saying “It will be different now Derek has most of his players back." and "We have Celtic in our sights" kinda indicates that.

Feels more like the Daily Record have taken some fairly generic quotes and headlined it with 'CLICKING ABERDEEN BAD NEWS FOR RANGERS'.

It should be different this time round (without necessarily saying we'll win), and we're only 4 points behind Celtic.

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  After last Saturday's 'slap down' of the hapless hoopies we were in dire need of a break.

Which of your various Rangers replica uniforms shirts will you wear to watch Sunday's match?

😃haha. I may be wearing my Johnny Russell Sporting KC jersey around that day.

Edited by AmericanFan

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I have to say that I was feeling pretty deflated about this game, but after reading such stirring optimism from a modern-day club legend like Derek Young I'm now expecting nothing less than three points on Sunday. 

Darren's doing ok in Methil. Maybe when McInnes packs it in we could have a young bros duo at the helm?