Full back (right & left)

Craigieboy86

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

That's not what I'm doing though. I've been as quick as anyone to call Patterson crap:

I'm simply stating that Ashley Young is every bit as bad, and in fact probably worse, than Patterson. A quick glance at twitter confirms that Everton fans agree that he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. I think its fair to question why Patterson seems to be getting judged far more harshly for poor performances than the other 2 boomers Dyche plays there.

That's fine. Unfortunately it's Dyche that Patterson has to impress and not yourself, so he obviously hasn't done that yet based on the logic that the manager has a vested interest in playing players that he thinks give the best chance of getting results. Everton as a team have been decent enough under Dyche so far this season, so I don't think it's contentious. Ashley Young based on similar logic has been good enough to keep Patterson out of the team.

Perhaps it's tactical rather than just performance related, but whatever way you want to skin it - it's up to Patterson to force his way into the team and help Everton be better. He hasn't done that. I don't put that at Dyche's feet - managers don't leave out their best players, so unless you're suggesting there's an agenda, falling out or some contractual issue then I don't see the problem.

Edited by 2426255

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Stuck this in the full-back thread. I thought I had seen all the old iconic (both disastrous and euphoric) Scotland clips but this is the first time I have ever seen this. Donachie v Wales:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz6rv0yMtEG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Tommy Gemmell had a cracker v. Soviet Union.

1968 I think.

We were not unofficial world champions for long.

• 3 weeks later...

Prob more to do with him not getting a sniff at Preston rather than him having any chance of breaking through.

Shame he can't play for another team this season, loan to Scottish prem team night have been a good shout

On 13/01/2024 at 20:36, MarkoRaj said:

Prob more to do with him not getting a sniff at Preston

Probably because hes been an absolute perma-crock there whos always either injured or complaining of niggles.

Turns 21 in the Summer and has only played ~45 senior games. He really, really, needs a loan this month that will get him 15-20 games.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably because hes been an absolute perma-crock there whos always either injured or complaining of niggles.

Turns 21 in the Summer and has only played ~45 senior games. He really, really, needs a loan this month that will get him 15-20 games.

Really disappointing. Probably the most talented young player I’ve seen come through at Aberdeen in the last twenty or so years. Has all the ability to play at the highest level but it looks like injuries will ruin his career.

On 16/01/2024 at 14:51, lubo_blaha said:

Really disappointing. Probably the most talented young player I’ve seen come through at Aberdeen in the last twenty or so years. Has all the ability to play at the highest level but it looks like injuries will ruin his career.

He's had two injuries in his career. In 2021 he was out a couple of months with a hamstring strain. He also suffered a knee injury which kept him out since around this time last year due to it needing surgery. More recently he had covid. It's not exactly the injury history of a permacrock.