Full back (right & left)

Craigieboy86

9 hours ago, albagubrath said:

He's had two injuries in his career. In 2021 he was out a couple of months with a hamstring strain. He also suffered a knee injury which kept him out since around this time last year due to it needing surgery. More recently he had covid. It's not exactly the injury history of a permacrock.

I don’t think that’s accurate. After his first one at Aberdeen, he could barely finish 90 minutes despite being a regular fixture in the team. He also missed the end of the season. When he joined Liverpool, Klopp said they identified an issue in the medical. He played sporadically but barely featured for even the under 23s prior to his knee surgery.

5 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I don’t think that’s accurate. After his first one at Aberdeen, he could barely finish 90 minutes despite being a regular fixture in the team. He also missed the end of the season. When he joined Liverpool, Klopp said they identified an issue in the medical. He played sporadically but barely featured for even the under 23s prior to his knee surgery.

Im not sure whether he's going to have a career ruined by injury or not.

But all I can say is I was blown away by how talented he was when he was at Aberdeen. Hopefully he can overcome the injuries and we could have a hell of a player on our hands.

22 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Robertson not far away from a return now. Can't find info on Hickey, is he nearly back?

From what I read somewhere Hickey has suffered a setback and will require another month, can’t remember where I read this but next month apparently. 
Saw the pics and news about Robertson nearing a return, which can only be good news ! 

2 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Robertson not far away from a return now. Can't find info on Hickey, is he nearly back?

1 hour ago, BroraBoy said:

From what I read somewhere Hickey has suffered a setback and will require another month, can’t remember where I read this but next month apparently. 
Saw the pics and news about Robertson nearing a return, which can only be good news ! 

No idea how reliable this is but suggesting potential return early February for Hickey. 

Brentford - Premier Injuries

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I don't know how he feels about us, but that I saw the boy Gray at Leeds for the first time. He's scary good and only 17. I'd cap him now, but I daresay Clarke won't.

Unfortunately he regards himself as English

( per the " eligible for Scotland " thread IIRC )

On 19/01/2024 at 00:01, Bing.McCrosby said:

Im not sure whether he's going to have a career ruined by injury or not.

But all I can say is I was blown away by how talented he was when he was at Aberdeen. Hopefully he can overcome the injuries and we could have a hell of a player on our hands.

Whatever the reasons for his injuries, its looking like they've torpedoed any chance he had to ignite his Liverpool career.

Connor Bradley has been superb tonight. Ramsay will have a hard job ever getting a game ahead of him and TAA.

On 03/02/2024 at 12:51, Jives Miguel said:

Patterson fourth choice RB for Everton now? Ben Godfrey starting ahead of him. 

I really hope that big ginger c**t takes them down. 

Max Johnston with a pretty good dribble and cross for Sturm Graz last night away against Red Bull Salzburg. The video starts at the assist. It was an important game for Sturm Graz not to lose so they can keep stay only 2-points behind them at the top of the table.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

BBC reporting The Mail (urgh) rumouring Bayern to be interested in Robertson. If their loss of Alphonso Davies is correct, they’ll need a new left back.

245075B8-09FC-4240-80F1-D121F69A86A7.jpeg

Liverpool will be in flux with Jurgen Klopp leaving. A new challenge might not be a bad thing and Robbo's contract is up in 2026 - so conditions could suit a move for all parties. Robertson was linked to Real Madrid last year and that hasn't come to anything.

If he does move, Bayern and the Bundesliga seem like they'd be a decent fit for his talents. 

Edited by 2426255

• 3 weeks later...

Calvin Ramsay really struggling at League One Bolton. He can't even get in their match day squad for the last five or six games. 

I'm assuming he hasn't come back from injury the same player, some confidence issues or something personal going on to have such a drop off so quickly.

Their manager confirmed other week that he isn't injured, just not selected.