New clubs in the West of Scotland

21 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Sorry big man. Was just under the impression you weren't allowed to leave the West Central Belt. You know stipulation of restraining order or whatever. 😄😄😄

So what's your thoughts on it.

Have you applied for an entry visa; we don't just allow any Tom, Dick or Whomever to enter our beautiful county. 😉😉😉

I'll be down CD way soon.

41 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Sorry maybe didn't make that clear. I mean what do the clubs that have already been accepted into the league do now if retrospectively their facility is deemed not fit for purpose. Totally agree the time to reject their facility was at application.

The horse has left the stable.

Rightly or wrongly they are in and can stay. You just add a clause for new applications after an identified date.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

On 22/05/2023 at 10:51, Hillonearth said:

I heard they're doing work on Posties Park at the moment - at a guess it would be there.

Seems to be mainly for athletics but that's also true for Edinburgh City in League One:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/new-athletics-venue-dumbartons-posties-29147153

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

To add an extra debate.

Should there be a means by which clubs already in the system have their facilities and playing surface inspected for suitability.

This should apply to all clubs/grounds not just newbies.

A good point. However, there also needs to be access for clubs to funding to improve facilities. Isn't there the SFA Trust or something like that which has a very good track record of helping clubs?

Recently on P&B wasn't there mention of blocking relegation to Division 4 for Licenced clubs? Maybe Division 4 should be a Transition Division so clubs could join and have full membership but stay at the bottom level (no promotion but no blocking the next club with the facilities) until the facilities are in place to a certain agreed minimum standard?
Maybe that is now what it is?

Edited by Dev

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Sorry maybe didn't make that clear. I mean what do the clubs that have already been accepted into the league do now if retrospectively their facility is deemed not fit for purpose. Totally agree the time to reject their facility was at application.

I'd agree with that, but again was under the impression that clubs were required to commit to having certain measures in place within a finite time upon accession.

Finnart are a good example - it's clear that Springburn Park is utterly useless going forward as a venue for this level of football, however it's also clear that the club are working all hours to secure a better location, be it at Crownpoint or elsewhere.

There has to be a sense of progress towards something, which in their case there clearly is, as opposed to a club entering the league, and thinking "job done" 

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Sorry big man. Was just under the impression you weren't allowed to leave the West Central Belt. You know stipulation of restraining order or whatever. 😄😄😄

So what's your thoughts on it.

Have you applied for an entry visa; we don't just allow any Tom, Dick or Whomever to enter our beautiful county. 😉😉😉

Tut Tut Tut Mr H !!!

I have great difficulty dealing with the scenario where someone who decamped (maybe deported ?) from Cumbernauld and is now attempting to apply entry restrictions on anyone that wants to come to the lovely area that is D & G !

Lets be honest here - the bar has been set fairly low already with your acceptance !!

Edited by VodkaTap

9 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

Tut Tut Tut Mr H !!!

I have great difficulty dealing with the scenario where someone who decamped (maybe deported ?) from Cumbernauld and is now attempting to apply entry restrictions on anyone that wants to come to the lovely area that is D & G !

Lets be honest here - the bar has been set fairly low already with your acceptance !!

I only got in as I married a Stewartry lass. Special dispensation or something. Although I do have to behave or it's back to Buckie Town.😎😎

6 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

The horse hasn't left the stable, the league can change the constitution to do what I set out above. It is then for the clubs to vote for or against these changes. If they vote to approve then clubs have a set amount of time to have these things in place or be relegated to a division of where their ground is suitable. 

Clubs cannot be rewarded by putting money only into the playing staff we also have to drive improvements in ground conditions and facilities.

All clubs who don't have a suitable ground but have been allowed in by the league need to be given a time limit... 

St Cadocs, Finnart, Edinburgh South and Rosyth are all on borrowed time for a range of different reasons but this nonsense needs to stop OR a proper plan in place where the ground criteria is stepped up from tier 7-10. I fear this will just cause a false ceiling with amateur clubs topping whatever league they can play in without any intention of moving forward infrastructurally 

Was a problem for the West; that the initial league was setup by the Lowland League and the initial season was already in full swing? Also the 2 season disruption brought about by lockdowns didn't help.

I know P&B can be viewed as a platform to have a good moan. There are real issues 're ground criteria that do need to be addressed by the league and by the clubs.

I wonder if there will be anything said at the agm?

3 minutes ago, Spyro said:

All clubs who don't have a suitable ground but have been allowed in by the league need to be given a time limit... 

St Cadocs, Finnart, Edinburgh South and Rosyth are all on borrowed time for a range of different reasons but this nonsense needs to stop OR a proper plan in place where the ground criteria is stepped up from tier 7-10. I fear this will just cause a false ceiling with amateur clubs topping whatever league they can play in without any intention of moving forward infrastructurally 

To provide a balance there are existing clubs whose ground and pitch also need improvement. There have been comments on here about conditions at some historical clubs are these to be ignored. It can't just be a focus on new clubs.

5 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I'd agree with that, but again was under the impression that clubs were required to commit to having certain measures in place within a finite time upon accession.

Finnart are a good example - it's clear that Springburn Park is utterly useless going forward as a venue for this level of football, however it's also clear that the club are working all hours to secure a better location, be it at Crownpoint or elsewhere.

There has to be a sense of progress towards something, which in their case there clearly is, as opposed to a club entering the league, and thinking "job done" 

Finnart Star are in for Crownpoint with rival bids from Clyde and another club called Glasgow Athletic.

2 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Was a problem for the West; that the initial league was setup by the Lowland League and the initial season was already in full swing? Also the 2 season disruption brought about by lockdowns didn't help.

I know P&B can be viewed as a platform to have a good moan. There are real issues 're ground criteria that do need to be addressed by the league and by the clubs.

I wonder if there will be anything said at the agm?

It was WoS clubs who accepted these clubs into the league, they were all given a vote so they only have themselves to blema for 2-3 of them in Div4. Only Rossvale were a follow-on from previous mistakes (that clubs clearly didn't learn from!)

The East were the same accepting Edinburgh South. It was a ridiculous decision to allow them in without any sort of plans in place and only the usual "we aim to have..." pish. 

Syngenta were a hangover from the East Juniors allowing them into the leagues, while the Rosyth situation is just a disaster for everyone involved and I take no pleasure in saying the it needs sorted ASAP or Rosyth need to seriously look at their status in the league system

7 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

To provide a balance there are existing clubs whose ground and pitch also need improvement. There have been comments on here about conditions at some historical clubs are these to be ignored. It can't just be a focus on new clubs.

I know you like to defend new clubs but you are just knit-picking now. 

Name 1 'established' club who's ground is so poor that their status in the league system should be questioned? 

Edited by Spyro

32 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Clubs cannot be rewarded by putting money only into the playing staff we also have to drive improvements in ground conditions and facilities.

Can't believe as a Lok fan I am 100% in agreement with a Lie fan. My dear old departed cousin will either be smiling or cussing. 😀

I believe that England's Setup stipulates ground criteria for a tier, this is the way forward I feel rather than expel a club who could then potentially die. They are placed in a tier where their facilities are acceptable. When I say facilities this should include quality of playing surface.

As a unofficial groundhopper or more to the point, look and see what games are on and where, Tollcross last night and the Tin Pale. I'm fussy where my non league pound goes.

Nae cover or catering and the club can forget it.

I might go once for curiosity but then that pitch/cage is off the list.

6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It was WoS clubs who accepted these clubs into the league, they were all given a vote so they only have themselves to blema for 2-3 of them in Div4. Only Rossvale were a follow-on from previous mistakes (that clubs clearly didn't learn from!)

The East were the same accepting Edinburgh South. It was a ridiculous decision to allow them in without any sort of plans in place and only the usual "we aim to have..." pish. 

Syngenta were a hangover from the East Juniors allowing them into the leagues, while the Rosyth situation is just a disaster for everyone involved and I take no pleasure in saying the it needs sorted ASAP or Rosyth need to seriously look at their status in the league system

As I've said earlier was very surprised that the  new clubs achieved full membership so easily. 

As you say a mistake by the league. It can still be sorted but requires some joined up thinking by all concerned.