New clubs in the West of Scotland

24 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I’m guessing for most club it is not about being the strongest but who the league scored as having better facilities etc.

I was at bsc and Kilsyth athletic’s grounds this season both had zero facilities so I’m not sure that clubs are judged on that.

Broomhill both versions, must be raging.

After trailing across the Central Belt annoying the life out of ever club they've shared with plus eventually splitting in two, Knightswood FC appear from nowhere and start playing in Scotstoun.

You couldn't make that up.

1 minute ago, PossilYM said:

Broomhill both versions, must be raging.

After trailing across the Central Belt annoying the life out of ever club they've shared with plus eventually splitting in two, Knightswood FC appear from nowhere and start playing in Scotstoun.

You couldn't make that up.

Wouldn't meet licencing standards. Which was the Lowland League club's concern. Think both teams have still used Scotstoun over the years for Development & Youth teams.

1 hour ago, EK man said:

Knightswood narrowly defeated St Patrick's in the vote. 

Knightswoid now a member of WoSFL. 

Surely it wasn't a vote with only one team allowed in? What would the WoS do if a west-based side gets relegated from the Lowland League and an EoS team goes up? Kick a team out of the league to keep it at 16 teams in each division? Couldn't they look at having two leagues in the bottom tier in the future if they have too many clubs?

3 minutes ago, stanley said:

Surely it wasn't a vote with only one team allowed in? What would the WoS do if a west-based side gets relegated from the Lowland League and an EoS team goes up? Kick a team out of the league to keep it at 16 teams in each division? Couldn't they look at having two leagues in the bottom tier in the future if they have too many clubs?

I'm going to give the Wosfl blazers some slack here, massive shock i know, and say there's been a problem with Dumbarton St Pat's application.

When in doubt, give the team in blue a shout.

Would be great for us not associated with a club to be told the reasons that one applicant got in and the other didn't. (I'm a nosey bugger).

Was there only one space available? 

Was it down to where they would be playing?

I need to know, not really but it would be nice to know.

Just now, HorseyGhirl said:

Would be great for us not associated with a club to be told the reasons that one applicant got in and the other didn't. (I'm a nosey bugger).

Was there only one space available? 

Was it down to where they would be playing?

I need to know, not really but it would be nice to know.

Thought you were in the magic circle, brother.

Just now, PossilYM said:

I'm going to give the Wosfl blazers some slack here, massive shock i know, and say there's been a problem with Dumbarton St Pat's application.

When in doubt, give the team in blue a shout.

Who or what are you and what have you done with our possil. If you expect any ransom don't hold your breath. 😙😙😙

Maybe @jimbaxters had the casting vote. And the league had reached their quota of Saints. 😁😁😁😁

2 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Thought you were in the magic circle, brother.

Oh I've never wanted to be in any of these organisations with funny hand shakes or the constant kneel, stand, sit shenanigans.

2 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Who or what are you and what have you done with our possil. If you expect any ransom don't hold your breath. 😙😙😙

Maybe @jimbaxters had the casting vote. And the league had reached their quota of Saints. 😁😁😁😁

Have you heard about the secret cup draw nobody outside of the blazers knows about?

1 minute ago, PossilYM said:

Have you heard about the secret cup draw nobody outside of the blazers knows about?

I seen a post re that but the poster has since disappeared. Didn't know the WOS had their own dungeon for such an incident.

(Watched Assassins Creed earlier so I'm in Spanish Inquisition mode)

4 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

You not want a blazer with all the badges on it?

Never was a boy scout or brigade or knight of Colombia or whatever.

Always been an outsider causing trouble.

35 minutes ago, hague said:

I was at bsc and Kilsyth athletic’s grounds this season both had zero facilities so I’m not sure that clubs are judged on that.

Thought BSC has added a wee cafe or something.

Athletic I know are trying to get some spectator facilities in place. But being a cooncil cage, who knows. They start training tomorrow so as soon as my source let's me know you'll know.

1 hour ago, hague said:

Maybe no,t but I am sure the fact that they were proposing a ground share on a grass park and I wonder if they haven't got a permanent solution set in stone with the carry on with clubs not having permanent grounds over the past few seasons that swayed a few votes. Feel for them though as they seemed really set up for taking the step up.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

For anyone curious Knightswood played in the 2nd tier of the Saturday Morning AFA. Run teams from bairns to 035's.

Surely this is the most interesting aspect, because wouldn't you normally expect a morning amateur team to move into the afternoon but remain in the ammies? Or does that say more about the state of the west central amateur league setup that they would jump straight into a regionwide pyramid league...

On 24/05/2023 at 16:49, Spyro said:

I think the main problem with Pollok was the Entry/Exit situation. There’s only 2 wee holes in the wall for the turnstiles at the opposite end of the ground from the main terracing with little space to move behind the goals towards said exit… so in an emergency, it’s going to be a bit tight. I do agree that 900 is a bit low but I can see why after seeing the ground with 700odd inside

Has nothing to do with that.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

On that front keep in mind facilities are most important. From what i've seen said they intended to use Vale of Leven's Millburn in the 1st season. Which is a grass pitch and not something that's desired for groundshares anymore. Must have had something acceptable lined up if it was one or the other.

I suspect hell would freeze over before you'd see the Vale and St Pat's groundsharing.

The Vale do have one of the best grass parks in the lower leagues (and I include SPFL clubs in that) mind you, I genuinely think it could cope with two teams playing on it better than most grass parks.

Weren't St Pats moving into the new athletics facility at Dumbarton? Maybe that won't be 100% ready or  suitable just yet and that caused an issue with some voting clubs?

If that's the issue then maybe next time around that will be out of the way and there will also be space in the WoS for them i.e. with eventually the Champions getting promoted to the LL and no west clubs coming down at the same time.

Let's hope they get in next time.